Share your proudest or most memorable WvW moment!

EremiteAngel.9765

I've not really had many great moments in WvW over the years but one of my favorites is when I fought a Ranger in Edge of the Mists and he used LB4 which I reflected back with a shield block causing him to knock himself off the map and die..

I burst out laughing at that one.

Likewise I really enjoy using LB Ranger myself and shooting people off things to their death or into the middle of an ally group where they're instantly obliterated lolCC is fun ^^

Was running a 5 man havoc team in enemy borderland. Commander is hiding up by the Centaurs, asks if havoc can go poke bay to distract so he can take garri with his force. I say sure, why not.

We start poking it, zerg responds to defend. I get us all out alive, tell commander to wait a bit.

We hit it again the second the swords drop, let commander know when we see zerg back. We die this time, but gets that commander to Garri lord.

The zerg runs back from bay, they have epic fight. Meanwhile, my havoc team gets to now undefended bay lord.

We end up flipping both at same time. It was awesome.

My proudest/most memorable moments are all from my first year of GW2, roaming on a necromancer long before any of the expansions.

First time getting jumped by a thief and actually managing to kill the thief instead of either dying or having the thief repeatedly reset the fight.

Cliffside fighting with combinations of fear application, spectral walk shenanigans and death shroud escapes. Fall damage was my greatest weapon against a superior foe haha!

My "kitten you I'm a cloud now" elite, for those times when I decided I'd just had enough.

Running with my friend who was on a guardian (both on really slow specs), deciding to use Locust Swarm and just giggling like a maniac knowing her screen was now filled with insects as she trailed behind.

@"Rashagar.8349" said:My proudest/most memorable moments are all from my first year of GW2, roaming on a necromancer long before any of the expansions.

First time getting jumped by a thief and actually managing to kill the thief instead of either dying or having the thief repeatedly reset the fight.

Cliffside fighting with combinations of fear application, spectral walk shenanigans and death shroud escapes. Fall damage was my greatest weapon against a superior foe haha!

My "kitten you I'm a cloud now" elite, for those times when I decided I'd just had enough.

Running with my friend who was on a guardian (both on really slow specs), deciding to use Locust Swarm and just giggling like a maniac knowing her screen was now filled with insects as she trailed behind.

I miss the old plague transformation elite!

All those times I was hiding in keep jumping puzzles and enemies came to chase me after they capped a keep, I use LB4 and they fall to their death. Or stealing towers from other serves by hiding inside of them, killing the few players that know I'm there multiple times and still getting the cap after boss kill. Or all those times I've killed people with fall dmg either from gliders, baiting them into jumping to haystacks but falling and dying.Or my first time doing OS JP and I was so scared seeing an enemy in the dark cave and waited for him to get to my spot so I could shoot him off the puzzle.

I've had too many amazing and funny moments in wvw roaming to count. I love this game. Check my YouTube channel lol.

• Zpooky Booky

Think it was 2nd or 3rd year. Jade Quarry got double teamed at Valley on Eternal Battlegrounds map. Blackgate was one server, and I swear I don't remember the 2nd server that we were fighting. Anyways, both servers had destroyed all outer gates and walls. Every single wall and gate on inner was gone as well. And JQ fought both to a stand still for 4 hours. From 8pm all the way to midnight, it was a nonstop slugfest. Fields, skills were lighting up everywhere. The lag was atrociously high. If anyone died, they immediately waypointed and ran straight back into the fight, no matter whose server they were on. There were no resses in that hellhole. After four hours of defense, BG and the second servers called it quits after we were able to patch the inner walls and gates. And then we had real fun. Jade Quarry was so battle hyper and so strung out we went on the offensive, and took every single garrison, tower, sentry point, and camp on the map, along with SMC. It had been a while since we had seen the entire map one color, but it looked beautiful. Most epic battle ever.

LOL! Funniest moment of "What the HELL!"...was 3rd or 4th year. We were fighting Tarnished Coast, and I was scouting at a tower. WE had a way of estimating bodys at distance that we saw...unfortunately my numbers were coming up higher than they should have....but I had no choice, "140 TC heading to Golanta, from Klovan!" And immediately the chat lit up, "They can't have 140 body's, don't you know how many body's they can fit on their team"...and it went on.....and another scout reported seeing the same thing, and we were stumped.....

….We were stumped until our zerg smashed right into Tarnished Coast and found out what the extra body count came from...Tarnished Coast for that evening had decided to run 50-60 Necro Minion Masters with all Flesh Golems and a whole slew of undead minions. Imagine football scrimmage of Offensive linemen vs. Smurfs. We had minions blowing up in our ranks, and over 50-60 Flesh Golems barreling through our lines and knocking everybody down and to the side....and I remember after the battle was over in a few minutes, someone going...."So that's what 140 body's looks like." :)

I killed a sentry once...

j/k, any long fight(>10 minutes) against many enemies and not in endless siege cancer is my favorite thing in WvW.

One of the most fun of those was on Mag with Jak commanding, breaking into a freshly T2'd SMC held by YB, and farming them for like an hour, waiting for it to hit T3, then killing the lord and capping it in their faces. :grin:

Continous fighting for 2 hours inside garrison on reset until we where so exhausted we just couldnt fight anymore. Yes, a single fight, all 3 servers just constantly feeding peeps to a wide open garrison with pretty much all doors and all walls broken.

I miss the days when waypoints and lord ressing wasnt "fixed". The lord was probably ressed ~50 times.

We had minions blowing up in our ranks, and over 50-60 Flesh Golems barreling through our lines and knocking everybody down and to the side....and I remember after the battle was over in a few minutes, someone going...."So that's what 140 body's looks like."Funny thing, today you could theoretically make a 50 man minion master army ~700+ minion strong while in battle (reaper MM). Fairly sure it would crash the server if all 3 sides did it lol.

Every time I drop a Meteor Shower + other AOE shenanigans an I (seemingly) change the course of battle by dropping at least 10 enemies witch also gets your epen up by catapulting you to the top dmg spot.

An the countless times before the nerf to Fresh Air builds when my non meta full offence no defence backline staff ele manged to kill those pesky roamers in under a second with a full 8 skill rota (despite the weaver detarget bug). Nowadays you can't even kill another full zerker dude even when hitting your full rota (btw. doing so leaves you completly open because it is still a backline zerg build and not a self sustaining roaming build) so you are dropping dead as soon as he even throws a mean look at you^^. The FUN thing you can still do is to throw Pile Driver at a mesmer or thieve and hope it critically hits while he is porting so he gets hit twice (another bug that didn't get fixed in years).

But with the addition of the Warclaw you don't really need that single target burst to defend yourself while traveling to your group so you can just play that boring meta fire/air/weaver build.

Well at least as long as you don't run into a gimmick soulbeast (especially mine) who can just burst everyone on their mount into downstate with a single overcharged Rapid Fire an almost nothing in this game can save you. Ah, all those memorable wvw moments. <3