Skins for Minions

Aad.4719

YESSS!I'm into fantasy like hell and those minions we have (their appearances) looks like dumbest creations of dredge ex-artist. Can't stand their image.If we, necromancers, rise dead ones to serve us, why not to give us a possibility to rise all of creations we've met across the world?Imagine traveling zones along undead Jotun and (aggresive mode) quaggan at your sight or whatever you want. Want to have a servant? Kill it and rise it's flesh.

Just like there were many models of Risen, we also deserve many models of minions. For the sake of Grenth, I praise for a day when this comes to happen and we can finally be free of abominations we now have.

I think all summons could use some visual skins.Like pets, spirits, maybe spirit weapons, conjure weapons, minions, banners and turrets.

Only ones i would spare are distinct summons of renegade (because it wouldnt make sense with skins) and mesmer summons which already take your appeareance.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:It would be a lot of fun. And it's been suggested a number of times.

It probably won't happen because it's a lot of design work that benefits a single profession. There's nothing wrong with that, except that ANet can direct the same resources towards things that everyone might enjoy or that cover a breadth of professions.

This could be baked into a larger collection. I also don't see this as unlikely as it used to be as they have been expanding the wardrobe lately with novelties, gathering tools, etc.Engineers want more skins for their kits. Mainly Flamethrower, Mortar and Elixir Gun.Spirit Weapons for Guardians could have alternative looks.Thief minions could have more varied looks, although they already change based on race.Just some examples I could think of right now.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:It would be a lot of fun. And it's been suggested a number of times.

It probably won't happen because it's a lot of design work that benefits a single profession. There's nothing wrong with that, except that ANet can direct the same resources towards things that everyone might enjoy or that cover a breadth of professions.

This could be baked into a larger collection. I also don't see this as unlikely as it used to be as they have been expanding the wardrobe lately with novelties, gathering tools, etc.Novelties, gathering tools, etc... all that artwork ... works for everyone, not just one prof.

Engineers want more skins for their kits. Mainly Flamethrower, Mortar and Elixir Gun.Spirit Weapons for Guardians could have alternative looks.Thief minions could have more varied looks, although they already change based on race.Just some examples I could think of right now.

Sure, that's all true. I hope you also see that each 'skin' above that you mention applies only to a single profession. The same artists could instead work on new novelties, gliders, etc that work for everyone.

Again, I like the idea. I am just expressing skepticism that ANet will invest in it.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:-snip-Again, I like the idea. I am just expressing skepticism that ANet will invest in it.

Skepticism is healthy, and you're welcome to it.Many of the previous categories, that benefit everyone, are also kind of over-saturated.A new "novelty" like this could be a new avenue for cashflow to them that actually effects what playing your class looks like. A new look for minions is more compelling to me personally than novelties, mount skins or gliders. I like the flavor.But overall it's a question of whether it's a good investment for them, and only ANet can really answer that.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:-snip-Again, I like the idea. I am just expressing skepticism that ANet will invest in it.

Skepticism is healthy, and you're welcome to it.Many of the previous categories, that benefit everyone, are also kind of over-saturated.A new "novelty" like this could be a new avenue for cashflow to them that actually effects what playing your class looks like. A new look for minions is more compelling to me personally than novelties, mount skins or gliders. I like the flavor.But overall it's a question of whether it's a good investment for them, and only ANet can really answer that.

They wouldn't know unless they make one for starter and see how it goes.Most games have skins for adds and devices, it works for them, dunno why it wouldn't work for GW2As for the topic +1Gimme something like this for Flesh golem and take my money7DZdmM7.jpg

I'm not sure why Anet never did this, as it's easily monetizable.

Just sell them as Skin packs on the gemstore (aka alternative Necromancer Minion Skins, Engineer Gadgets, Ranger Pets etc.)

Of course I'd rather see them just update some of the aged skill effects from launch days and add some alternative ones for free, but that's just not going to happen.Monetizing them could also serve as incentive to make some of those skill categories more viable in order to sell more of the alternative skins, because unfortunately, everything is money driven, and some of these issues like lacklustre Utilities categories will never be addressed unless there is direct monetary gain associated with it.

The best way to get a minion and deathmagic rework at this point is for anet to sell minion skins, and wanting people to actually buy them (that or a MM elite Spec, should we get more of those).

• 5 months later...

I'd like skins for minions too!

I'd also like an entire change to the feel of Necro and get away from the blood gore ghoul whatever. We are scholars educated in life force, lets have a change to where we're light sided shaman's or Valkyries with ghostly spirit minions or other magical minions. Just more variety after 7 years please??????

• 2 weeks later...