Super Adventure Festival Returns Next Week

People complaining about the boomboxes seem to forget about the fact that those can and do exist outside of the festival. You can turn down/off player music and other player projectile sounds. How would you all feel if people came here on whatever your chosen favorite festival was, say Wintersday, or Mad King's Day, both extremely visually disruptive holidays, and started whining about those and wanting them blocked somehow on an individual level? Anet has barely started introducing phasing of any sort into GW2, and that was simply making an NPC appear as something else. I think the best you could hope for is something like 'cat mode', where all the npcs that parade through the cities look like cats instead, or something. Whenever something bothers me in a game, I simply avoid those areas/content until it's over. I don't start asking the developers to change the world to fit my displeasure.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:I am not going to. But that is not the problem. The problem are SAB boom boxes, SAB horns and other SAB noise making kitten everywhere ruining the game for me. Ok, turn off the noise you say. But I actually want to listen to the game sounds. I love the game sounds. EXCEPT SAB.

Add in SAB glifders, SAB minis, SAB other kitten and the experience is 3 ruined weeks AT LEAST.

All I am asking for is, giving me an option to BLOCK AND HIDE all SAB kitten.

Give us the same option for the other festivals, then. I am not a fan of the Lunar New Years stuff or even Wintersday. I have to suffer through those as long as they are. If we have to suffer through them, you have to suffer through this as well. It goes both ways. As much as I like the Clock Tower during Mad King, I don't like the Lab runs because they cause metas and trains to suffer, both types of content that I like, so we all have to make due. You can too.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:so winterday - do you see winterday boomboxes? Do you hear winterday sounds everywhere? No. Also Winterday, lunar new year, halloween - they all 'fit'. SAB with its pseudo 8bit garbage does not. It is just deeply annoying. I am old enough, I LIVED THROUGH THE 8BIT ERA. I DONT WANT IT BACK.

There are so many annoying sounds if wont be fair to allow only to block specific onesWe have to live through all of them, lunar new year is a huge clusterkitten of fireworks, winterday when everyone is using the bells golem, and that annoying tomes of knowledge spam :\

It would be nice to have doors 3 and 4 back. There are a lot of players that never had the chance to finish the entire "game" inside the box. For those of us who did have the opportunity, we would love to play all 4 doors again as well. Thanks for bringing back the box every year. :)

@"Mizukiaki.8590" said:It would be nice to have doors 3 and 4 back. There are a lot of players that never had the chance to finish the entire "game" inside the box. For those of us who did have the opportunity, we would love to play all 4 doors again as well. Thanks for bringing back the box every year. :)

No one has had access to worlds 3 or 4.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@"Mizukiaki.8590" said:It would be nice to have doors 3 and 4 back. There are a lot of players that never had the chance to finish the entire "game" inside the box. For those of us who did have the opportunity, we would love to play all 4 doors again as well. Thanks for bringing back the box every year. :)

No one has had access to worlds 3 or 4.

Except for that sneek peak of W3 with the djinn IIRC, in the Back to School release several years ago.

@InvaGir.9158 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:so winterday - do you see winterday boomboxes? Do you hear winterday sounds everywhere? No. Also Winterday, lunar new year, halloween - they all 'fit'. SAB with its pseudo 8bit garbage does not. It is just deeply annoying. I am old enough, I LIVED THROUGH THE 8BIT ERA. I DONT WANT IT BACK.

There are so many annoying sounds if wont be fair to allow only to block specific onesWe have to live through all of them, lunar new year is a huge clusterkitten of fireworks, winterday when everyone is using the bells golem, and that annoying tomes of knowledge spam :\

This right here. Just because you THINK they don't have anything annoying about them doesn't mean they don't. Bells, fireworks, lab runs, etc. @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618", you're just upset that I don't like the same things you do and would want those others to be included in such an option. Regardless, you won't get that. People like you have been asking for this kind of thing for years and it has not been granted to them. Just gonna have to deal with it like the rest of us that don't like other festivals.

@dreadedkitty.3024 said:People complaining about the boomboxes seem to forget about the fact that those can and do exist outside of the festival. You can turn down/off player music and other player projectile sounds. How would you all feel if people came here on whatever your chosen favorite festival was, say Wintersday, or Mad King's Day, both extremely visually disruptive holidays, and started whining about those and wanting them blocked somehow on an individual level? Anet has barely started introducing phasing of any sort into GW2, and that was simply making an NPC appear as something else. I think the best you could hope for is something like 'cat mode', where all the npcs that parade through the cities look like cats instead, or something. Whenever something bothers me in a game, I simply avoid those areas/content until it's over. I don't start asking the developers to change the world to fit my displeasure.

Thing is that most of the other festive visuals and sounds are somewhat consistent with the fantasy setting of the game. SAB stuff sticks out like a sore thumb in that respect. It's just a minor annoyance to me but I can see why people tend to complain more about SAB than other festive items.

Rather than ask about what is different. or indeed think about what probably isn't :(, I am more curious about what's up with that trailer... it seems so out of place (also those sunglasses), and it has nothing from inside the box itself?

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:While this is generally true, it is not in this one case!

But, WHY... what am I going to do, my schedule of checking once every two weeks for anything GW2 related will now be seriously messed up :tongue:

@"Crise.9401" said:Rather than ask about what is different. or indeed think about what probably isn't :(, I am more curious about what's up with that trailer... it seems so out of place (also those sunglasses), and it has nothing from inside the box itself?If it is indeed Gourdon running around Rata Sum in the trailer (and the more I think about it, the more I'm sure it is), then it is simply the festival mascot enjoying himself in the city where the festival takes place (all locations in the trailer are inside Rata Sum).

By the way, Gourdon already wore sunglasses at the last Festival of the Four Winds, so maybe he's just kept them with him.

I liked the rocky callback, though "kids these days" probably won't get that. Gourdon as a mascot who actually participates in the festivals is great. The videos sadly doesn't inform new players or people who don't play GW2 about what the SAB is or what there is to do with it. The video is a good teaser for the current playerbase but not a good video if you want to promote the game/the SAB to newer players.

You hate stealth.

You want 2 classes deleted from the game because they use it.

You hate WvW.

You want large swaths of WvW deleted to suit you.

Now you hate sounds.

That you also want deleted to suit you.

Why exactly DO you play this game that you apparently hate?

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

@dreadedkitty.3024 said:People complaining about the boomboxes seem to forget about the fact that those can and do exist outside of the festival. You can turn down/off player music and other player projectile sounds. How would you all feel if people came here on whatever your chosen favorite festival was, say Wintersday, or Mad King's Day, both extremely visually disruptive holidays, and started whining about those and wanting them blocked somehow on an individual level? Anet has barely started introducing phasing of any sort into GW2, and that was simply making an NPC appear as something else. I think the best you could hope for is something like 'cat mode', where all the npcs that parade through the cities look like cats instead, or something. Whenever something bothers me in a game, I simply avoid those areas/content until it's over. I don't start asking the developers to change the world to fit my displeasure.

Thing is that most of the other festive visuals and sounds are somewhat consistent with the fantasy setting of the game. SAB stuff sticks out like a sore thumb in that respect. It's just a minor annoyance to me but I can see why people tend to complain more about SAB than other festive items.

That ship sailed long ago with crap in the gemstore.

It's a rather strange preview video, seeing that it's just a SAB choya running around in Rata Sum. I feel like the video doesn't have anything to do with SAB itself, besides the fact the choya is new. A new player watching this may be a bit confused and not understand what this is all about. Hell, even I am confused right now.

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:Thing is that most of the other festive visuals and sounds are somewhat consistent with the fantasy setting of the game. SAB stuff sticks out like a sore thumb in that respect. It's just a minor annoyance to me but I can see why people tend to complain more about SAB than other festive items.

I can certainly see the point being made, however, visuals consistent with fantasy setting was lost long before SAB was even a thought in someone's mind. We have GW2 baseball caps and T-shirts with the GW2 logo as skins in game. The only difference is, SAB was actually popular enough for it to get on people's radar in the open world.

Personally I don't think sounds and visuals of SAB clash with the rest of the game nearly as much as they would if holomancy and holograms as well as bunch of the other Asuran technology wasn't already in the game since the original launch in 2012.

@Crise.9401 said:

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:Thing is that most of the other festive visuals and sounds are somewhat consistent with the fantasy setting of the game. SAB stuff sticks out like a sore thumb in that respect. It's just a minor annoyance to me but I can see why people tend to complain more about SAB than other festive items.

I can certainly see the point being made, however, visuals consistent with fantasy setting was lost long before SAB was even a thought in someone's mind. We have GW2 baseball caps and T-shirts with the GW2 logo as skins in game. The only difference is, SAB was actually popular enough for it to get on people's radar in the open world.

Personally I don't think sounds and visuals of SAB clash with the rest of the game nearly as much as they would if holomancy and holograms as well as bunch of the other Asuran technology wasn't already in the game since the original launch in 2012.

Amen bruddah.