Hide chest armor function

I don't want to see naked people on the battlefield, so no. I'm already annoyed by all the super flashy ridiculous outfits many people use. Mixing that with naked characters would produce a totally absurd combination.

For people aiming for a "barbarian" look, there is the "scallywag chest" heavy armor skin. Although it doesn't work well on Norn, Human, and Sylvari female characters, because for those it turns into a full chestguard, obviously designed to hide humanoid breasts.

Ignore the ridiculous pauldrons and headgear and note the chest skin seen here on the male characters, as well as the female charr and asura:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scallywag_armor

A proper "barbarian" look could surely be designed for humanoid females too, if Anet weren't lazy. Well, maybe there already is an option, given all the skimpy outfits they made for female characters.

I think it would have to be a kind of skin, and not just a "Hide armor" checkbox.

The fact is, of the five races only two seem to be set on requiring full clothing at all times. Norn NPCs seem to have no problem going around with minimal clothing, and I seem to recall a few charr going around shirtless or nearly so. During the Seeds of Truth part of LS2, we get to see in Caithe's memories that sylvari were walking around without clothes in the Grove, I'm guessing they only became more serious about it now because of all the humans and asura they deal with.

On the upside, making it a skin means we don't have to see the human/norn female bra, it can be replaced with something more aesthetically pleasing and dyeable.

@InvaGir.9158 said:

@InvaGir.9158 said:To the topic:Can't say its inappropriate since people can do that anyways, but I honestly don't want to see naked people in LA running around.

So basically all we have to do while in the cities is take our armor off to desensitize those that wish to oppress us?

No one will tell you to put your chest armor back onBut why do you need it for combat?!

Same reason why people need invisible slippers in combat, or those atrocious, impractical wings or backpacks in combat - for style? If you care about realism (god forbid), those should be you main concerns, not the lack of chest armor.

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

@InvaGir.9158 said:To the topic:Can't say its inappropriate since people can do that anyways, but I honestly don't want to see naked people in LA running around.

So basically all we have to do while in the cities is take our armor off to desensitize those that wish to oppress us?

No one will tell you to put your chest armor back onBut why do you need it for combat?!

Same reason why people need invisible slippers in combat, or those atrocious, impractical wings or backpacks in combat - for style? If you care about realism (god forbid), those should be you main concerns, not the lack of chest armor.

I doubt this suggestion will be accepted because the only reason they made the invisible shoes was because of some dev who liked the concept of going barefoot(as far as I know)Also people asked for swimsuits for years now and didn't get them even though they already exists in the game for all the races.

@Poormany.4507 said:What's the difference between that and just taking your chest armor off? Head armor, I get some people might want to see their face, but who exactly would run around shirtless for extended periods of time other than to troll? I just don't see what the point of this would be and would prefer resources to be used for other stuff.

Many Norns and Asura have skin markings and patterns that are covered by armor.

I'd say this feature is long overdue, take it a step further and allow us to hide leg armor too.

I notice a lot of these arguments boil down to "I don't want to see nude female humans running about" - if it were a skin, then wouldn't Anet be able to make something a little more tasteful for Human - or norn - females who want to show off their bodies?

@MikeG.6389 said:Yeah, I want to hide my chest armour. And the legs. And the boots, too. In fact, I want to hide the character, as well. I want only my auras to be visible.

Just grab a few auras and turn post-processing on.

You're welcome. ;)

@Mewcifer.5198 said:I find it kind of interesting that the people who want this want it for mostly male characters or characters without boobs/much femininity (charr).Yet, most the people who don't want it seem to think it is all about bikinis and wanting girl characters to be skimpier.

That's usual result of being brainwashed about non-existing issues - everything around you suddenly turn problematic.

• 10 months later...