Now we've said our least favourite, what is your favourite sound in the game?

Biff.5312

@"Krypto.2069" said:I L:heart:VE the "cluck... cluck" sounds that the chickens of Tyria make. I'll often stop and listen to them when I run across one in my travels. LOL!And I'm no means a "mini" person, but I got the Chickenado mini just to listen to (and watch) it occasionally. :sweat_smile:

Clearly, the Chickenado mini is the only one worth having.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if these qualify as "sounds" - more like voices:Taimi's/Belinda's voice (Debi Derryberry).Iowerth's/Laranthir's voice (Crispin Freeman).My Sylvari girls'/Queen Jennah's voice (Jennifer Hale).

I also like the sound the water effect makes when I use my Consortium Harvesting Sickle.

Human male warrior shouting "you can't stop me!" or "I'll destroy you all!" when activating berserk.Norn male when entering combat "let's do this."Asura male when entering combat "And now... to destroy you."

Quotes like these make the characters feel more badass ^^

Favourite sound effects: The buzzing noise the jacaranda makes (yes, really), ambient sounds in Orr, Sand Shade sounds in general.Favourite dialogue: "Now they'll feel my turbulence!" (Male asura Elementalist attuning to Air.)Favourite music tracks: Resplendent Makuun, Dark Woods 2, and the one from Tangled Depths with the bass clarinet.

@"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:Favourite sound effects: The buzzing noise the jacaranda makes (yes, really), ambient sounds in Orr, Sand Shade sounds in general.

Same here! The first time I heard it, I went 'what the hell is making that awful sound?' But having the Jacaranda as my main pet, it's really grown on me. I think it's hilarious.

I really love the sound of the Mesmer's portal as it sits there. Such a pretty, satisfying sound. I also love the sound of Chaos Storm. Most of the Mesmer ability sound effects are great, really. I also love the sound of base Necromancer's shroud 1 skill landing.

"More than enough!" said by male sylvari when using Soulbeast skill Worldly Impact is great. Also when one of your pets get knocked out and he says in such a worried tone, 'I'm here! I'll bring you back!' I just love most things the male sylvari say tbh. Female sylvari also have a fantastic VA but I'm just particularly fond of the male VA.

Lastly, said by female Asura:'You're dumb. You'll die, and you'll leave a dumb corpse.'

I do enjoy a lot of the sounds, they are a huge part of the ambiance of the game. But the only one that's made me stop just to savor it is Scout Acan's lute playing so I'll select that one.

(Honorable runner up, the chak wurble, because I saw the video about how that sound is made and now I laugh happily every time I hear it).

Real sounds:Engineer FT Skill 5 Smoke VentThief Utility CaltropsLeap of Faith of Guardian GreatswordOpening sound of the Shining Blade Glider

NPC dialogue:Frizz from the Aetherblade Fractal: "Fry, you pests. Fry like a skritt on a lightning rod."Aerin from Gates of Maguuma (LS 2), Cornered: "Unhappy times. Unhappy."Councilor Mayameen from Long live the Lich (LS 4), Seized: "Mr. Gorrik"