[Video] Power Mirage Roaming + gameplay tips

dubidubidubidu.5308

• 3 weeks later...

I was about to spend all my gold crafting a full set of condi or hybrid gear because I am pretty new and I'm getting demolished 1v1 with power mirage.After watching your vids I realized I dont need to switch builds, I just need to get good.Your guides are really helpful and entertaining and the music is also really good.Plus you donate all the money your channel makes to animal welfare? That is so awesome! I am a strong believer in animal rights and welfare.Subbed and liked.

@Tulkas.2576 said:I was about to spend all my gold crafting a full set of condi or hybrid gear because I am pretty new and I'm getting demolished 1v1 with power mirage.After watching your vids I realized I dont need to switch builds, I just need to get good.Your guides are really helpful and entertaining and the music is also really good.Plus you donate all the money your channel makes to animal welfare? That is so awesome! I am a strong believer in animal rights and welfare.Subbed and liked.

awww big thx, its rly nice to get some feedback, esp good one here and there! :) im very happy you like my vids and they even help! also happy you like the music since i put a lot of time into searching music not everyone knows already or got used in other vids 20000 times. like and subs is highly appreciated!yes i donate all money i get for animals. same for me, it could make me crazy when i think about how many pain lot of animals have to suffer, often bc of us humans. sadly im not rly good in promoting myself (i spam the vid link in forums but thats it), also anet cannot promote my vids bc of the copyright music, so the support (views, likes, comments, link uses) on my channel and the money for the animals isnt that high and decreasing hard lately but still every bit can help to make life for animals better.

if you have any questions/ need any help with power mes dont hesitate to ask me, im sure you will be a great power mes with some training and when experience increase. welcome to a great game and grats for choosing the best class hehe <3

Wow thanks. Yeah I am excited. Love the class and I'm glad it seems like the kind of class that has as much potential as skill allows, so I just need to keep practising and I will make sure to come here and ask you about stuff I dont know about (which is a lot)Also I dont think the amount of money is as important as the idea itself for helping animals. Like 99% of animal suffering caused by humans is just because people don't think about it, not because people want to intentionally hurt animals. So I just think it's awesome that the intention to help is there and that always says a lot to me about a person when they go out of their way to think about and consider the voiceless in their actions and decisions.

Plus your channel has so much good info and all those general tips and stuff, I really wish I'd found it sooner and I'll be sure to send people your way as much as I can.

@Tulkas.2576 said:Wow thanks. Yeah I am excited. Love the class and I'm glad it seems like the kind of class that has as much potential as skill allows, so I just need to keep practising and I will make sure to come here and ask you about stuff I dont know about (which is a lot)Also I dont think the amount of money is as important as the idea itself for helping animals. Like 99% of animal suffering caused by humans is just because people don't think about it, not because people want to intentionally hurt animals. So I just think it's awesome that the intention to help is there and that always says a lot to me about a person when they go out of their way to think about and consider the voiceless in their actions and decisions.

Plus your channel has so much good info and all those general tips and stuff, I really wish I'd found it sooner and I'll be sure to send people your way as much as I can.

Yeah true and thx you <3

• 5 weeks later...

S16 ranked PvP Roaming with my Power Mesmer / Mirage on Support-Burst -Hybrid Interrupt Build with support utility Illusion of Life. 5 Placements matches . Added more tips and explanations on rotations and tactics this time (also basics for beginners). Hope it helps since i got asked about power mesmer rotas a lot. Sry for no editing but no time. For that the music is awesome (but kinda calm) i think!

Sry for the long delay but was very busy irl the last 2 months. Still no time for vid editing in the next few weeks, so the next vid maybe will need a bit more time too. Hopefully then i can make vids more often again.

If you wanna support my YouTube channel pls subscribe, give a thumb up on the vid and leave a comment/feedack on YouTube. Helps a lot! thx!

Notice the vid description as always! Hope you can enjoy!

greetings jazz :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi new vid up. Outnumbered roaming and ofc some oneshots with my quickow power chrono build. mini guide for the oneshot combo and f5 combos following soon as requested. Top edit by Illithex. Hope you can enjoy! Pls notice the vid description/ or pinned comment under the vid! If you like to support my channel pls leave a thumb up and comment on YouTube and subs in case you havent already! greeting jazz

Hey, Nice vid overall. Some good outnumbered.Negative points for me :

• Little repetitive sometimes.
  • Many opponents didn't even react to the basics of mes attacks even when they clearly saw a "hey I will burst"... <= you know the yokels who spam "mesmer is OP" continually why playing squisshy with a oyster reaction time versus burst class.
  • Few scenes cut before the end of the fight.

I have two questions :

• Why sword over scepter in a non mirage build ?
  • Quickness on rupt is interesting but with no boon clear on shatter, neither arcane thievery, how did you manage boon class ? (like the DH who were cut. at the end for example.)

@"viquing.8254" said:Hey, Nice vid overall. Some good outnumbered.Negative points for me :

• Little repetitive sometimes.
  • Many opponents didn't even react to the basics of mes attacks even when they clearly saw a "hey I will burst"... <= you know the yokels who spam "mesmer is OP" continually why playing squisshy with a oyster reaction time versus burst class.
  • Few scenes cut before the end of the fight.

I have two questions :

• Why sword over scepter in a non mirage build ?
  • Quickness on rupt is interesting but with no boon clear on shatter, neither arcane thievery, how did you manage boon class ? (like the DH who were cut. at the end for example.)

Hi big thx for your feedback, im happy you like the vid overall :)

Some fights were cut only to a specific f5 combo or for editing purposes (sync with music). i made sure everyone in the vid wasnt afk and could see me around before i attacked/ stealthed. skill lvl of some of the ppl aside the combo is very fast and a lot of ppl have problems to avoid it. repetitiv i guess you mean the oneshots with the f5 blink burst, yeah that was mostly for editing in that amount and ppl like to watch it, dunno why tbh. i prefer a longer and more tactical fight with my power mirage support burst hybrid over these insane dmg build fights last for 3 secs. just as you could see, even when the first burst gets evaded, this build has so much dmg with just every thing i do, its hard to stay alive vs it when not full bunker. you can use boonremove on shatter instead the quickness (in pvp i prefer that trait by far tho) but in the end the only boon you need to care about with this build is stabi, all other boons you just burst through like you dont need to care for protection or reggen etc. at all. and you can play around the stabi most of the time (if you dont forget that you dont have boonremove on shatter like me ;) ).im a challenge player, i dont like scepter because it has a lower skill need than sword and less combo opportunities, even after recent nerfs and im already carried enough by passive dmg multiplier with that build.

Thanks for answer and explanations.

@"Jazz.4639" said:im a challenge player, i dont like scepter because it has a lower skill need than sword and less combo opportunities, even after recent nerfs and im already carried enough by passive dmg multiplier with that build.I'm talking about efficiency more than "skill".

• Scepter hit way more than sword because most opponents have perma swiftness, superspeed, teleport etc while we have only max 2 gap closer. (even if we rarely autoing.)
  • Sword 2 is ultra weak to retaliation while scepter 2 hit more often (range.).
  • Scepter 3 hit more often than sword2.
  • Talking about combo, 2 clone from scepter 2 allow more shatter combo than sword 3 leap. (mele F1 burst, F3, remove stab, F4 tempo and so on.)

And I even not comparing mesmer MH with other class MH because the gap is real talking about output damage.

So yeah taking something less efficient is harder of course but independently of your vid I think there is a real problem with sword efficiency actually.BTW thanks for vids.

@viquing.8254 said:Thanks for answer and explanations.

@"Jazz.4639" said:im a challenge player, i dont like scepter because it has a lower skill need than sword and less combo opportunities, even after recent nerfs and im already carried enough by passive dmg multiplier with that build.I'm talking about efficiency more than "skill".
  • Scepter hit way more than sword because most opponents have perma swiftness, superspeed, teleport etc while we have only max 2 gap closer. (even if we rarely autoing.)
  • Sword 2 is ultra weak to retaliation while scepter 2 hit more often (range.).
  • Scepter 3 hit more often than sword2.
  • Talking about combo, 2 clone from scepter 2 allow more shatter combo than sword 3 leap. (mele F1 burst, F3, remove stab, F4 tempo and so on.)

And I even not comparing mesmer MH with other class MH because the gap is real talking about output damage.

So yeah taking something less efficient is harder of course but independently of your vid I think there is a real problem with sword efficiency actually.BTW thanks for vids.

yes i know you talked about efficiency but you asked why i dont use scepter, the reason is not efficiency based its based on my taste. with combos i mean what you can do with s3, you can combine it with not only sw2+f1 for a quitburst, you also can combine it with a weaponswap gs2 burst etc. it gives you infight mobility and bait potential. it is way more flexible than scepter. the moment your target is near you sword is also stronger than scepter i would say. sword gives utility, scepter gives more dmg. i always prefer utility stuff because it is something you can active work with and outplay opponents during scepter feels pretty spammy and simple evade chaining. Shorter: you can play scepter with this build for sure, it gives you easier applied dmg and evade chain potential but its weaker in melee combat where you also wanna be with gs most of the time and it has less outplay potential, the only reason it is good is because its easier to play and esp scepter 2 is still kinda busted.

hehe was my pleasure to make this vid (or better illithex did it, im an editing noob) big thx for watching and giving feedback. that encourages to continue <3

Hi as requested the oneshot combo incl continuum split step by step explained. After that few examples of f5 combos with more than zero clones up. I hope it helps few of you. Again with top editing from Illithex! German subtitle available!

Pls notice the vid description/ or pinned comment under the vid. Incl a link to another chronomancer f5-guide from me.

If you want to support my channel pls leave a like and a comment and a subs on youtube. Thx <3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi new pvp vid up! Added a lot of explanations/ Tips and showing/ explaining burst combo variations for power mesmer. Also the vid is kinda long again i hope the great editing from illithex (giving it some spice with nice transitions), the varied scenes, the tips and the great music make it interesting to watch. Its one of my favorite vids because a lot of work from illithex and me is put into this.

Big thx to Ezeky and Illithex for the stream audio and the nice edting!

Leave a like and a comment here and esp on youtube if you like to support my channel! thx!!

Notice the vid description/ pinned comment under the vid pls!

@viquing.8254 said:I would love to see the full match vs Fly (just because it's a really hard counter to power mes.).Interesting uses of Illusion of life. I will give it a try next season.I noticed the wink with vertical sword 3 teleport ;).

its already deleted but i remember it, we lost it closely. but i didnt rly have much problems with the thief, he wasnt rly focusing me, dunno why. prob he found some targets faster to kill than me. i remember one time he chased me down with 2 others because 3 ppl of my team were dead. Yes try it, i love IoL.

hehe ;)

thx for watching/ the feedback! <3

@praqtos.9035 said:

@viquing.8254 said:I would love to see the full match vs Fly (just because it's a really hard counter to power mes.).Interesting uses of Illusion of life. I will give it a try next season.I noticed the wink with vertical sword 3 teleport ;).Force Jaz to q into Levin and record it :joy:

i had one match vs levin i remember, he could kill me one time the whole match after trying a lot. in the second half of the match he switched target to the rev in my team. my team won that match ;)

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@viquing.8254 said:I would love to see the full match vs Fly (just because it's a really hard counter to power mes.).Interesting uses of Illusion of life. I will give it a try next season.I noticed the wink with vertical sword 3 teleport ;).Force Jaz to q into Levin and record it :joy:

i had one match vs levin i remember, he could kill me one time the whole match after trying a lot. in the second half of the match he switched target to the rev in my team. my team won that match ;)And I said ...record :D

@praqtos.9035 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

i had one match vs levin i remember, he could kill me one time the whole match after trying a lot. in the second half of the match he switched target to the rev in my team. my team won that match ;)And I said ...record :D

sad thing is, it even was recorded (just searched for it after i saw your post) but i cant find it anymore. there wasnt rly any mega interesting footage for a montage from my pov (even tho their team was pretty stacked), maybe as a whole uncut match it would have been a thing. i obviously deleted it after i finished the montage meeh. it was on new coliseum map, not too hard to kite/ survive a thief there tho

• 1 month later...

@praqtos.9035 said:

@apharma.3741 said:Just popping in to say I still like your videos, glad you don't play all the really strong stuff but it's a shame you're getting hit with nerf bats too. Keep it up! @"Jazz.4639"From what I have seen Jazz didnt like chrono to begin with(oneshot). And still like the starwars lasers

Her builds were affected by the changes to blinding dissipation and I haven't posted from before then. People want mesmer gutted so much it will auto lose all match ups unless you are significantly better than them and Jazz will get affected by those nerfs at some point.

I mean people are already wanting IoL gutted to be as bad as ele rez glyphs with 3.5s cast.

@apharma.3741 said:Just popping in to say I still like your videos, glad you don't play all the really strong stuff but it's a shame you're getting hit with nerf bats too. Keep it up! @"Jazz.4639"

aaawww big thx its nice to hear that <3 my youtube is a bit in summerbreak atm but i will do more vids soon.

luckily my main build (power mirage support hybrid) didnt rly get nerfed that much until now. the f2 change wasnt as bad as i first thought, i even like it now. but if they do with mirage spec the same stupid things they did with chrono, then i dont know what i will do. no ip and no f4 is so bad. the worst thing is that you cant rly combo anymore with chrono what takes away some of its identity and also some skillneed away from the mesmer class that should be in every elite spec no matter of its nature. if they take away ip from mirage and kill distortion the same way by put a useless 1 sec invul on an shatter you need to use for other things at other times instead for surviving, then it might be the first time i get mad enough to do a break or stop playing the game. im so sad and mad about the insanely bad chrono changes…

@praqtos.9035 said:

@apharma.3741 said:Just popping in to say I still like your videos, glad you don't play all the really strong stuff but it's a shame you're getting hit with nerf bats too. Keep it up! @"Jazz.4639"From what I have seen Jazz didnt like chrono to begin with(oneshot). And still like the starwars lasers

i played power chrono all hot duration long and my new chrono build quickow is more or less a oneshot chrono build and i made more than one vid with it. i like power chrono. but yes the oneshot builds i dont play for that long, just here and there for a bit of variety, since they get boring with the time bc they are so one dimensionally, repetitive, not interactive and easy to play.If you mean with laserwars these gs ambush spam builds then i also never played this either for the same reasons. i play an interrupt focused team support build you would not even use half its potential when you stay max range and spam gs autos most of the time.

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@apharma.3741 said:Just popping in to say I still like your videos, glad you don't play all the really strong stuff but it's a shame you're getting hit with nerf bats too. Keep it up! @"Jazz.4639"

aaawww big thx its nice to hear that <3 my youtube is a bit in summerbreak atm but i will do more vids soon.

luckily my main build (power mirage support hybrid) didnt rly get nerfed that much until now. the f2 change wasnt as bad as i first thought, i even like it now. but if they do with mirage spec the same stupid things they did with chrono, then i dont know what i will do. no ip and no f4 is so bad. the worst thing is that you cant rly combo anymore with chrono what takes away some of its identity and also some skillneed away from the mesmer class that should be in every elite spec no matter of its nature. if they take away ip from mirage and kill distortion the same way by put a useless 1 sec invul on an shatter you need to use for other things at other times instead for surviving, then it might be the first time i get mad enough to do a break or stop playing the game. im so sad and mad about the insanely bad chrono changes…

Well the nerf brigade are out in full force. They want CI deleting from the game, last I checked interrupt traits actually needed skill to use and you quite like interrupt builds. Either way I lost hope in the devs and the community is largely bad and first order thinkers.

@apharma.3741 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

Well the nerf brigade are out in full force. They want CI deleting from the game, last I checked interrupt traits actually needed skill to use and you quite like interrupt builds. Either way I lost hope in the devs and the community is largely bad and first order thinkers.

Absolutely! People spread gw2 saying the community is awesome, the best ever and stuff like that. I for one never played a game with a community as awful as this one. Bunch of salty qqers with little to no idea of balance.And what's worse, the devs balance the game taking qq in account.

As for this topic, if Jazz says this last patch is bad, I think it rests the case, seeing as Jazz is one of the best, if not the best, mesmer in game.