Low FPS / Lag Issues [MERGED]

Been having this issue for a while now.. Just upgraded my GPU today from a NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB Founders to a NVIDIA RTX 2060 6GB Founders hoping that it would fix it... Nope... Even on "Best Performance" and "Auto-Detect" I get the drops...

Ryzen 7 1700X - overclockedMSI X370 SLI PlusCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHzSamsung 960 EVO 500GB M.2NVIDIA RTX 2060 6GB Founders - +150/+560 Overclock

Running Heaven Benchmark with all settings turned up as high as they will go, I averaged over 100 FPS with a max of 207 FPS.

Has A-Net just given up on this game's performance?

Sorry to tell you buddy, but when PoF came, mounts came, that are used by many gamers, and eat the maps memory, and the server memory too. Since the last 2 episode I get game freeze, trow out to desktop then back like when you do alt+tab, my computer says display driver recovered or change shader and cache in bios (I've turned them of on my driver).Fps 30-40 and 40-80 ping with this PC, it doesn't mattered if I put it on medium high, or on the lowest graphic settings if I played on a modest crowded map. Since last 2 episode I only can play on lowest settings, or many times I get pc freeze, desktop trow out and back in.AMD Athlon(m) x4 750K Quad Core Processor 3.40 Ghz8GbRAM ddr3Radeon Hd 7750

• 2 weeks later...

I get ridiculous FPS drops in towns, used to be fine outside too but now it's getting worse. It's definitely an accumulative thing I've noticed since path of fire launched. I've done all the "fps tricks" and what not too, even full reinstalls but it's now just at a point where the game is stuttering in Lions Arch. I don't usually have issues in other games either other than maybe some ridiculous shadow/lighting settings.

System specs:Win 10i5 3570k @ 4.3 Ghz + h110 cooler16gb Ram 1600MhzGTX 980 TI Zotac OC'd Ed.500GB Evo Pro SSD

• 1 month later...

I came back to GW2 after several years and with a different computer, I have insanely bad performance with amazing setup.

Previously (several years ago) I had laptop:ASUS ROG G750JW with:Intel Core i7-4700HQ (quad-core)NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M (2 GB)8 GB RAMIntel HM87 motherboardsome low-end 100 GB SSD

Performance: constantly around 100 fps, max details. No significant drops, even in dungeons.

Now I have full desktop:Dell AW3418HW, 21:9, 144 mhz monitorAMD Ryzen 5 2600X (six-core)NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8 GB)16 GB RAMMSI B450I (MS-7A40) motherboardSamsung SSD 860 EVO 500 GB

Performance: constantly around 30 fps, with huge lag spikes. Changes in settings have only minor influence (few fps) on the performance.

I do not have any hardware issues, the computer is perfectly stable and runs everything else as supposed to. I can't figure it out.

I've been having lags, freezes, and disconnects for three days now. Everything else on my computer is working just fine. Any other internet site I visit is working just fine, including streaming video like Netflix and Hulu. Repairing the game client didn't do any good. Just now I put in a support ticket but I'm poking around the forum to see if others are having similar issues. The other times I've had problems like this have usually been after a major game update and it usually lasts only a few hours. This just started out of nowhere and has been going on far longer than it ever has before.

It's crashing on me every time I try to go to Divinity's Reach - Black Citadel - no problem! why? Oh, now it looks like I can't go to Black Citadel any more either. Solved my issue, it was the fresh install I did. I literally took eighteen hours, and something went wrong with it. I found an older installation of GW2 on my machine, let that update, went in, no problem at all.

Try removing the Guild wars 2 folder located in " C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming" . It holds some video settings amongst some other things .

After that rightclick your Gw2 shortcut located on your desktop click Properties and paste /repair behind the gw2 target parameter so it looks like this

""C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" /repair"

Apply,close it and start Guild wars 2 by using your shortcut,let it repair and see how your game runs when its done.It did reset your video settings aswell so you have to revert that back to what you used before.

Make sure to remove the line /repair after its done.

Things that will boost your system performance.

1. Use CCleaner daily at the end of the day, before you shut down your system. To see how to configure it properly, read this section.
  2. Tweak your Windows properly and also keep your system clean (do this frequently).
  3. Try to unpark your CPU cores and activate & configure hyper-threading properly and see if you get an improvement in performance.

Edit: Go to the URL line in your browser once the Steam Guides' pages have loaded, then press Enter again to get to the correct sections I linked. Steam's confirmation page will block the direct link and lead you to the start of each guide, which - per se - are unrelated to the topic. GG, Steam.

My net got cancelled for an overdue payment when I opened a new account I got a 100 mbps plan I previously had 200 mbps gw2 ran superb online and now I'm disconnecting randomly. I also got a new router from Spectrum I notice more lag on browsing around sites but streaming is good which makes me believe they might be throttling to make you pay more for higher speeds

Been playing gw2 since 2016, same lag issue. Every time, I tried to play group contents like wvw, meta events, world boss etc, the ping will spike thru the roof, 4000 pings is too much. Although throughout the year that I played, occasionally, there would be a few days or weeks with no lag issues at all. Then it continued on lagging again. I try every fixes everyone suggest, even lowering my video setting to only show the least amount of players module around me and turning off names, shadow, reflection and less effects. Fixes like adding some line at the end of shortcut in properties., checking with my ISP, ping both sides etc

The video setting fixes only work in increasing fps and when there is the least amount of player like one or two around, once there's more than 10 then it started to spike 400, 600, 1000 even 4000. I just can't enjoy any group contents anymore.

I may sound like whining but I'm not. I've spent tons on the gems store. Crafted ascended gears for all my 13 toons, crafted 5 legendary weapons. I know that doesn't sound much like others had done in game. But my point is I really enjoy gw2 very much, otherwise I wouldn't have stuck around till this day. I played the game almost every day for all these years.

Lately, I just had enough with the crazy lag spike, at this point, I'm getting less and less motivated to play anymore.

Also I've been tracking this forum since day 1 that I experienced the huge lag, never seen any respond from anet anymore. As if Anet even care or look at this thread anymore.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Experiencing frequent "hiccups" from 60+ to 15 (23 after I got d912pxy working) in some kind of rythm since War Eternal was released. It's somehow similar the the issue me and a lot of others had when the Festival of the Four Winds came back last year which had the same issue but only on the two festival maps. Haven't had a problem before the launch of episode 6. I've heard that some have the same problem since the new update.

I also have the same low FPS and bad performances problems on a new PC I build. 20-40 FPS and the game is not even on max settings.I have a Ryzen 2700X with a RTX Rog Strix Advanced 2060, 16 bg memory and the game is installed on a M2 hard drive....And I have just purchased the Path of Fire before testing the game...and kind of regret it as I simply put can't play the game.On this system I can run most games on at least high if not ultra but on GW2 I have no chance. I have tried some tips posted on forum with no luck.

Waiting for some fix before I can start playing again.

@Cady.2536 said:I also have the same low FPS and bad performances problems on a new PC I build. 20-40 FPS and the game is not even on max settings.I have a Ryzen 2700X with a RTX Rog Strix Advanced 2060, 16 bg memory and the game is installed on a M2 hard drive....And I have just purchased the Path of Fire before testing the game...and kind of regret it as I simply put can't play the game.On this system I can run most games on at least high if not ultra but on GW2 I have no chance. I have tried some tips posted on forum with no luck.

Waiting for some fix before I can start playing again.

Its not the game,its your system,meaning drivers/bios updates/bios fine tuning/disabling any kind of throttling cpu/gpu /make sure your memory is running at the correct speeds which most bios dont do at default/make sure your gpu runs at 16x and not 4x/ reinstalling drivers/reinstalling guild wars completely etc etc.I had higher fps than you currently have on my previous system with an amd fx 8120,something is very off with your fps, and its not the game and neither your hardwares capability of running this game smoothly because it should be doing so easily.Your other games may run fine but not all games are build the same way.

Alsy turn down some settings,try this

Shadows at mediumReflect terrain onlyCharacter limit lowCharacter quality lowDIsable motion blur

But even with this on higher settings you should still see higher fps with your system.

Having ryzen 5 2600x wtith an 970gtx ftw+ and i can reach over 100 fps easily,blob fights in wvw around 40 - 60.

My old machine:

Asus X79 ProIntel 3930k@4.6Ghz32GB DDR3 2400MhzGTX 970 SLiRegular Sata SSDs Crucial/Samsung etc etc

--- I had a decent enough experience. though maxing out all the settings would just make my FPS TANKI later sold off my 970s for a 1070 and got the exact same kind of performance.

New machine:

Asus ROG Strixx Z370-FIntel 8600k@4.8Ghz16GB DDR4 3200MhzVarious WD, Samsung NvMe SSDs which my games are loaded on.1080Ti

--- Game still tanks when everything is turned up.

I just think the game is badly optimised and newer expansions being added to the game just made it even more of a mess.

I used to karma train down with a load of people at Tarnished Coast some years ago and FPS would drop below 60 and i had to turn shadows to low or view distance to get some performance back.

The irony is that even some of the beefiest machines cant run this game smoothly and thats a joke because this game isnt a benchmark.

Heres another joke. the rendering engine of this game... If you turn all your graphical settings down. you'll load into LA in less than half of the time you currently do if you had your settings on high/ultra

Extremely bad ping during the 11:30AM server time Teq, often experience it while on overflow map instance, but today was probably one of the worst

p7623u4g.jpg

was average 2000+, spiked occasionally to 5000+, as soon as Teq flops dead the ping dropped right down to 300ish, which is pretty much the average for OCE players

it felt like the server is constraining the uploads, cos I can see other players moving around hitting fine, but takes like 20-30 seconds for the server to accept my skill input