Right Mouse button / Camera control bug?

Since the last update (All Or Nothing) my right mouse button has been acting weird when using it for camera control.Sometimes the button stops responding midway and the mouse cursos reappears. I noticed this sometimes happened when the mouse was mousing over an npc or object.

It's getting really annoying, it also caused some unfortunate deaths because of not being able to move the camera while walking. This has ruined gameplay for me.

I checked if this was a problem with my mouse but this doesn't seem the case. As in other clients it works fine with right-click camera controls.I googled a bit and found out others had similar problems in the past, but I couldn't find out that they were able to solve this themselves.

Restarting the client seems to fix it for a bit, but never for long

• Like 2

I have no idea if this is related or not, but you might wanna make sure the problem is with the game, and not your mouse.

My mouse started showing symptoms of breaking, mostly issues with the right mouse button just like you described. The first time these issues started to appear was while playing GW2, so obviously I thought it was somehow related to the game. It seemed to me that the issue only appeared in Guild Wars 2 for some reason, but days later I noticed the mouse didn't actually properly work anywhere. I spent so much time googling and trying to solve a GW2-related mouse issue that I never thought the problem could be in my hardware.

So just a heads up; don't make the same mistake I did! Make sure your mouse is working everywhere else 100% of the time, before you start looking for GW2 bugs that might not exist. Good luck, I hope your issue gets resolved.

@"Hevoskuuri.3891" said:I have no idea if this is related or not, but you might wanna make sure the problem is with the game, and not your mouse.

My mouse started showing symptoms of breaking, mostly issues with the right mouse button just like you described. The first time these issues started to appear was while playing GW2, so obviously I thought it was somehow related to the game. It seemed to me that the issue only appeared in Guild Wars 2 for some reason, but days later I noticed the mouse didn't actually properly work anywhere. I spent so much time googling and trying to solve a GW2-related mouse issue that I never thought the problem could be in my hardware.

So just a heads up; don't make the same mistake I did! Make sure your mouse is working everywhere else 100% of the time, before you start looking for GW2 bugs that might not exist. Good luck, I hope your issue gets resolved.

I tested my mouse in other games and the right mouse button works fine. No problems in Guild Wars 1 for instance. And the problem so far only occurs in GW2. For about 10 days now. At the moment I'm using the option "use either mouse button to change direction"; this works for controlling the camera with my left mouse button. But it's far from ideal as I it's awkward because I'm used to the right button and need to click stuff with left too.

Nope, this is a feature !REALLY !

In story, Anet take control of your camera some times for show something.You are in fight ?Dont care, we take control to turn camera at 180° and go to hell before this !

The biggest bad idea of combat design, the most ad idea for all game !NEVER TOUCH THE CAMERA never, learn form the past !

Also having this problem. My mouse is fine, other games run fine. This happened after the latest Nvidia Experience update. It was running the latest living story fine before that. I've tried running the game in windowed mode, various resolutions. It's not registering right mouse to pan the camera. It's made the game unplayable. Can't dive down or swim around underneath the surface. Feel like a child playing a game, have to stop and slow-mo turn every time I need to change direction. Cannot turn mid-flight. Cannot turn while running. Have to manually turn in combat. Hopefully, you guys will work on a fix. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Also have this problem. When holding down the right-mouse button it doesn't seem to register and acts as if nothing was pressed. I've always had small minor issues with this, but it's gotten way worse lately (last month ish). This makes it VERY annoying to play, escpecially in pvp. Camera control works fine in other games like world of warcraft.Also seems to happen way more often in busy/crowded areas or during big events with lots of things going on.

Edit: Actually nvm it is my mouse :<

• 2 weeks later...

I also had this issue happen randomly to me.First of all make sure your mousepad is Clean ( Get rid of grease ),same goes for lens.

A buddy told me he also had this issue a while back and what solved it for him was turning down the Fov ( Field of view ), in the general options menu. If you have that maxed out or turned up,try putting the Fov slider to about 50% and see how it goes.

For me so far,the issue is gone.

This issue started occuring for me as well a couple of days ago. So far, it happened twice. No issue with camera movement using the left mouse button, though, so I can't say yet whether it might be a hardware or system related issue and not an issue with the game... though the right mouse button works fine everywhere else.

• 9 months later...

I also got this problem for serveral weeks now and it is extreme annoying, especially in competetiv modes. However it is not hardware related, because I tried a different mouse with the same result. It is also not GW2 related, because I have these problems in Battlefield V when zooming in with scopes with the right mouse button - also with the second mouse. So right now I think it might be Windows related. I don't want to reinstall my whole system :(

• 3 months later...

Hello

I have exactly the same problem as you, and I use a Razor Naga mouse bought in July 2019, the mouse isn't even one year old so it can't be a "worn out" problem.

I also did some click test online and the test is just fine.

I suspect this is a problem of game interface, some bug coding the mouse, and specifically the right click mouse.I suspect this because a lot of players is experiencing the same bug, with different models and brands of mouses, some new, some old.I played a lot of games with the same hardware profile and I never had such problem in any other games, only in GW2.

And just like everybody else, the problem is random and intermittent. We can spend days without any problem and suddenly it's not working at all, and it's heavily impairing the gameplay.

Please fix for definitively, it's not touching only one player, bu a lot of players with several profiles. This is definitively a problem related to the game.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been dealing with this as well. I recently got back into playing Guild Wars 2 and noticed that I can't 'grab' the screen to move it around. There is some sort of interference it seems that makes the mouse slide around. I'm selecting players during battle, I can't turn to look at the bosses I'm killing. It's very frustrating. I know it's not my mouse itself, as I have no issues anywhere else. For now, I just allowed either mouse button to control the camera, so now I can use the left click AND the right click to control the camera. We'll see how that works out.

This look a lot like the azerty issue, most the time if you have an azerty keyboard everything is fine, but if you use a specific key combo (shift + numbers in chat) after a random ingame time, the keyboard will sundenly switch to qwerty, theres nothing you can do to "fix" it except to restart the game.Its not actually anet "fault" for that bug to happen, its input (windows) related, but any decent dev will totally dodge the issue by using this or that library or input method, im not aware of the exact details, I just know this is here and reported since release and was never fix, maybe its unfixable, its not solely gw2 fault but rather due to an interaction with the os, the driver or whatnut.As for the camera, ive broken several mouse right click already, the last one didnt totally broke, as in you can still right click with it but you wont be able to hold it and rotate the camera.If the client is on its knees (100% cpu) sometime you wont be able to properly rotate the camera, but in that case its not an issue with the right click, its just the game cant cope.