Welcome Back to Guild Wars 2!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most important info/Summary:

All Expansions only PoF is 50% off using a code GW2WELCOMEBACK. (Also Bundles are 50% off) - You can only buy Path of Fire, and Bundles, you can't buy Heart of Thorns discounted with this promo code.

Daybreak - the first episode is free - unlock it through Gemstore (normally costs 200 Gems).

Tomorrow's Arenanet's Livestream will be about Daybreak and how to unlock the first mount - Raptor (which is easy, you simply need to start the story and play 2 first chapters of PoF Story), I think there may be some easter eggs during the Livestream and a lot of useful informations, so it's worth joining in.

A lot of Livestreams by Arenanet's partners throughout the week/s. (Recalling what's been happening so far in the story to refresh it all before the grand Finale of Season 4) - assuming the next weeks will be replaying Episode 2, 3, 4 and 5.

It would be better if you used all that resources to fix the disaster that the story is leading up to LS3: Outdated Personal Story with many bugs and no replay, entirely missing LS1, voiceless LS2, and short, rushed and buggy HoT story, etc.

Its nice to get players back in the game, but how about retaining new players by not having a jumbled mess, too ?

I'm sorry for seeming bitter, its just this company does this alot, "here is a random social media event that no one will remember two weeks from now," insteads of permanent work on the game that could benefit everyone for years..

@Arden.7480 said:Most important info/Summary:

All Expansions 50% off using a code GW2WELCOMEBACK. (Also Bundles are 50% off)

Daybreak - the first episode is free - unlock it through Gemstore (normally costs 200 Gems).

Tomorrow's Arenanet's Livestream will be about Daybreak and how to unlock the first mount - Raptor (which is easy, you simply need to start the story and play 2 first chapters of PoF Story), I think there may be some easter eggs during the Livestream and a lot of useful informations, so it's worth joining in.

A lot of Livestreams by Arenanet's partners throughout the week/s. (Recalling what's been happening so far in the story to refresh it all before the grand Finale of Season 4) - assuming the next weeks will be replaying Episode 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Be aware; the 50% off is for 3 days only (March 25th - March 27th).

I'm a new player to GW2 on F2P and I just bought the standard collection thanks to this sale. Looking forward to tomorrow's livestream.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

We'll show how to get your first mount
[...]So.. Are you giving everyone a raptor without PoF?

What gave you such a crazy idea? :s Nowhere did she say that. Oh boy...

@sorudo.9054 said:so you assume ppl return and plan on watching streams?believe me, no one returning to a game likes to be depending on streams to get a hint on what to do, if it isn't in-game it's just a waste of time and resources.

That's quite ungrateful since you don't know yet what's to come. She said there would be guides, too, not just streams - and since GW2 does not feature any in-game tutorials, that's actually a great idea. Otherwise, people will have to refer to GW2 Wiki as usual and do their own research. Perhaps this is ANet's way of making up for the lack of proper tutorials, so wait and see before you judge.

well, now we know and i was right, yet more crap and unused time they could've used to improve the game.the fact that you said that there is no tutorial shows how horrible they start out, there is a tutorial but it's so horribly executed you don't even know it exists.

it's not being ungrateful, it's being observant and i have seen enough to judge their pattern.

@Rubi Bayer.8493The discounted offer for HoT+PoF package is really sweet, thank you guys. But is it really necessary to limit it like this? It will allow you to buy just PoF (still with 50% discount), but for some reason won't allow you to buy just HoT in the same manner. My friend has found himself in this very situation - he already has PoF.

Was it intended to be like this, or (hopefully) it's some kind of bug?

@Linken.6345 said:

@Aaralyna.3104 said:@Rubi Bayer.8493 When are the items from gem store available? They aren't up for grabs yet :)

Why not read the page linked?

These items will be available from March 26 until April 1

With the usual update time for anet that would be 11h and 19 mins from now

Because, at the time of that query post, the page hadn't been updated to reflect the time(s) available.

I'm down for this kind of thing.

As for players, its really hard to get them into the game and stick with it if they aren't even bothered to do the story to catch up. Its mostly on them at that point.

Though asking people to pay for chapters they missed after buying the expansion on top of it is a huge roadblock. You can't rationalize around this, because people outside of GW2 have never heard of a system that makes you pay for the expansion content and then pay again for content that is tied to that expansion.

Hello, I am trying to use this code to buy HOT unsuccessfully, this works only for PoF?Thans!

@allan.4092 said:

Hello, I am trying to use this code to buy HOT unsuccessfully, this works only for PoF?Thans!

Yes, it doesn't allow you to buy just HoT, but allows you to buy just PoF (still with discount). Very strange decision, tbh. A friend of mine which has recently returned to the game don't have HoT, but have PoF (he's bought it a week or two ago, to have access to mounts). Makes little sense to exclude people like him from this discount.