[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I'd like to see

• Locked Inventory Bags; only used manually, nothing goes is automatically in, protected from sort & vendors. Used on top of the character's inventory for the most used or valuable items, like gear and consumables.
  • Ascended Bags: ascended or legendary items will fill this one, if possible.
  • a Mystic Chromatic Ooze infusion.
  • a tuba musical instrument in the gem store; a simpler version of the Musical Verdarach.
  • (still) moveable GUI elements. Particularly the target display is awkwardly positioned.
  • Outfits storing dye settings individually.

How about a detection for the well known hack tool. I can link you where they sell it, or does this not matter? Over 15k downloads a month, now that probably works out to about 20% of the people in PVP are using it. Who is getting rich off this? Sure would be easy to make if you where a DEV.... Sony busted their devs making tools and hacks, selling platinum and more... 15k downloads, 30 dollars, 450,000 dollars.... so, who is getting rich selling the hacks to your game? Its so old and bother sum that nothing is being done at all when it should be easy to make detection. Its already half broken in PVP with mesmer and dead eye so over powered its a swear word. How about testing some of this stuff before release. Just this week i am pretty sure at least 18 of the 30 games i played had someone using the telehack. Thats over half of the games. Is anyone ever going to do anything or will that just create a problem for the person selling it? Ahkums Razor, the easiest explanation is the most probable. Who better to make a hack? Those who know the game? Send me a private message, ill show you where it is.. Im sure you know already though. How many years has this gone un touched? At least 4.

In Twilight Arbor explorable Forward path, please fix the part with the elite archers inside the shield bubbles so that Ranger pets and other minions don't automatically die when entering and summoned. Switching pets while inside a bubble also causes the newly summoned pet to instantly lose all health.

how to make lots of gem sales..... Variety of stand lone, absolutely new dragon mounts. (not aurene) not shatterer, etc..) All new skins that are not based off the griffon mount as well... Totally new, awesome dragons, make lots of different ones. You will sell a (bleep) ton of them... Your welcome... Sure maybe offer tequatl and stuff, but totally new ones would be best in my opinion... Sell and make more tonics for combat... even allow them in PvP matches? There are many ideas for great things. Balloons, minis, and some things are just not very interesting to me... The dragon mounts will make ya hundreds of thousands of dolla!

I am glad that the Gem Store sells Bank Tab Expansions. I've purchased many, and while convenient, it has led to another issue. I have so much stuff, and there's no sorting other than what I can do manually.It would be an amazing boon to be able to sort either the whole bank or by bank tab. It would also be fantastic if each bank tab could be labeled - similar to how the guild bank tabs can be labeled. While you're at it, would you mind making items in the guild bank stackable while in said bank? Now that I think about it, being able to double click or right click to deposit (and if the same items are in the bank, having them stack automatically) would be nice too.Please make these simple requests into a reality. Thank you!

It's funny to see how so many players are confusing Quality-of-Life changes with adding actual content to the game....

My suggestions are about guild decorations and the scribing UI. I did some search on the forums and I didn't find these anywhere. If they were mentioned already, I apologise.

1. It would be really nice to see the decorations be categorised in the crafting UI similar to how they already are in the decoration select window. Architecture, furniture, trophies, statues, etc... It's a really long list and would be nice to have a system to it.

2. A preview option for decorations. Either in a separate window (like how you can preview armours, weapons, mounts you don't have or even gathering effects) or as an outline while in decorating mode (as they appear for the decorations you have and are about to place.)

It would be nice if there was a build preset option. Sometimes I like using axes on my ranger and it would be nice if I could have that build saved ( specifically the specializations) so I could more easily switch between them and my regular longbow settings. A normal circumstance where this happens is when I'm on a boss train. I usually adjust weapons to suit which boss I'm fighting and have to adjust quite a few times. I know it doesn't matter and could probably longbow (and do be cause the switching gets annoying) but it's more fun when I can vary playstyles.

Suggestion regarding Mini-maps:

Sometimes I am doing map conpletion and I need to keep zooming in and out of the minimap or even opening the Word map to check the position of stuff in the map.

What if you could, through the menu or minimap options, choose to keep the size of icons like Vistas, HPs, etc "default" for any zoom?

This way, if I have the map zoomed out, I can still see the position of shops and world completion icons.

This already happens with Commander Tags, would be great if we could do it for everything else.

@Solvar.7953 said:

1. Shared slots for harvesting tools. For every character, I have to switch tools, remember to switch when i'm done. Sometimes I forget to switch back at the end of the night, so next time, log in, realize that character can't get the tools, switch to the character with the tools, unequip, and switch back. I'd be willing to pay something for shared tool slots, since it would free up shared slots.

This, so much this!

Suggestion to research into what can only be, Devs making their own hacks for PvP. When you fight a team who everyone on the team can hit you with 1 shot, have all buffs and are invulnerable the whole time, it gets pretty obvious. No wonder Anet is suffering, people get tired of playing what should be a fair game and its totally not. I can figure almost every single pvp match has some sort of hacking going on and it seems Anet just allows it. Do something about it. People leave the game for good, everyday and this is one of the top reasons.. its so obviously hacking... i have almost 4000 games and its so easy to tell when someone has something beyond the means of the game. The only real true answer to such things is that is has to be the Devs doing it. No one can hack server side dmg protocols. one hit for 30k? Right...

Two huge QoL things for me and im sure others are. Put in a scale to adjust or turn off player spell effects!! Seriously this is not fun, and it probably damaging my retinas, i cant see anything but flash. This was linked by Bluejin in another thread, but i feel its an important issue, esp for us that play on big HD monitors. Its painful to have to try and see through that. Even a slider to tone it down!oFzT0iV.jpgqfgaG0M.jpgnYnApox.jpg

And the other big thing is minions! On a necro everytime you hit a load screen you lose your minions, even waypoints will sometimes drop them. I dont see this with ranger pets so much. But necro minions its all the time. Sometimes you load in to a hostile area and you have no minions up to be ready for the fighting. It may seem small, but its QOL issue to be sure.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I would love to have build switch tabs.When I run around I often notice there's enough dps and not enough support, or vice versa. This way you would be able to switch quickly, without having to fill out the trait lines. Since I don't do pvp or WvW, I can't judge on that, but I do think it would be helpful in the open world.

Like others I'm also in favor of not loosing your Necro minions, during ports, etc. A hide button would be nice, for when you're standing at the bank and other places where you don't need them. My ranger has that and I use it very often at crafting stations and such.

Make a tab at the top-left of the screen only for guild hall decos. Make those decos personnal, use-able in our home instance and in Guild halls. That way, if we change our guild, we don't lose our decos (which worth a fortune btw)...

Only the player who place them can retake them in his personnal storage.

Having checkpoints for Mordremoth during HoT’s Hearts and Minds story would be nice. I did this on 9 characters and 3 of them encountered bugs that forced me to restart Mordremoth back from 100% HP. I’m guessing I just got unlucky, but 1/3 chance of being forced to redo this story was annoying.

1) Shot out of the map during gliding phase. Well known bug.2) I was in the 3rd gliding phase when my glider wouldn’t redeploy in the air. I fell to my death. This was probably lag and not a bug, but a checkpoint would have helped.3) I just did the story on my Mesmer and for some reason, during the gliding phase, I got stuck inside invisible walls. I couldn’t get to Braham for protection, nor could I get to an updraft, so I got electrocuted on the ground. Retried mission, and again, I got stuck inside invisible walls. Braham was literally 2 steps from me, but I couldn’t get to him because of invisible walls. Fortunately, there was an updraft next to me and I was able to glide up this time. Still almost died.

Whether the player fails due to bug or lag, it would be nice if Mordremoth doesn’t have to be restarted from 100% HP. And while I’m at it, a checkpoint for Victory or Death personal story, for players who get disconnected or bug out, would also be nice.

Block specific player's item sounds. I would love to be able to leave the player instrument volume up but block all the people that troll it. And the boomboxes can get tedious ('tis the season).

No idea whether this is low-hanging fruit or next-to-impossible