Mounts back key issue?

Okay i have no idea whats causing this, and im pretty certain its not my keyboard: since recently, ive often faced the issue that when mounted, my back movement key (s) wouldnt work? it works perfectly fine outside guildwars or when im not mounted, only when im mounted it seems to not want me to go backwards.This isnt always the case, sometimes i CAN move backwards on my mount, but most of the time it just doesnt work now?

Happened to me today. Logging out and then back in seems to fix it -- temporarily. This was actually a big deal for me. When it happened I was attempting to slow down and land my griffin, but it wouldn't slow down. When I finally did land, I hopped on my springer and confirm that it couldn't back up either.

@Boingo.5264 said:Happened to me today. Logging out and then back in seems to fix it -- temporarily. This was actually a big deal for me. When it happened I was attempting to slow down and land my griffin, but it wouldn't slow down. When I finally did land, I hopped on my springer and confirm that it couldn't back up either.

exact same thing here, relogging fixes it for a while but it just, keeps happening.I dont know if this is a thing, but i think i found that when this happens and i dismount, the initial backwards press doesnt work either when dismounted, but when pressing it again i can finally move backwards?

Just a theory buut..often, if i mount when pressing more than 3 keys and one of those keys is a sideways movement key (a or d) then the mount gets stuck turning - meaning, i can move forward but i have to press the opposite turn key to stay striaght, and also makes it annoying to dismount griffon cus the 1 dive attack also turns lolol- in trying to find the exact key combo i press to make this happen, i found basically the exact same thing with other key functions- eg mounting up while pressing certain turning keys often made the camera face side of mount until i dismount or press the forward key to centre camera.

I have seen the being unable to move backwards - but only twice out of memory since it was months ago. My theory is that it's connected to the above things i said - something about pressing certain keys at the same time then mounting up, and for whatever reason, the mount is then unable to stop doing one of those things until you dismount again. Perhaps the effect of a...uhh...idk what the technical name is but i call it a sticky key? ie when pressed down for long enough your machine just continues doing whatever its function was anyway even after you take your finger away.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...