[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

A mystic forge recipe for Mystic Clover.Its already really hard to get and risky if you want to do it the "cheap" way. There are a lot of ascended materials that just lay around doing nothing but the droprate is insane. Sure sure its useful for legendary crafting. But not THAT MUCH.Could just combine a stack of Dragonite, Bloodstone and Empyrial to a gift, Airship Oil, Auric Dust and Ley Line spark into another, add obsidian shard and some mystic crystal or smth and bam, a reasonable recipe for a high end material.

• Confused 1

How about fixing it so we can invite people to a group with out having to add them as a friend. It almost never works. I am online, i cant invite anyone lately, not a single person with out adding them as a friend and i do not want to add everyone nor do others, inviting to a group has nothing to do with being friends. thanks

Now that I had some time with this... I REALLY don’t like this change.

Before:1) Salvage all greens and lower2) Salvage all rares

Now:1) Look for blue unID stack2) ID blue stack3) Look for green unID stack4) ID green stack5) Salvage all greens and lower6) Look for rare unID stack7) Look harder because rare unID stack is hard to find for some kitten reason8) ID rare stack9) Salvage all rares

Awful...

Give us an "identify all unIDed pieces of gear" option right above "salvage all" options when using a salvage kit. Another option is to give us a check box in the options menu so that the game automatically ID's all unIDed gears players receive. Salvaging unIDed gears directly results in significantly less loot so the current set up adds multiple additional steps for the players before salvaging.

@BlueJin.4127 said:Having checkpoints for Mordremoth during HoT’s Hearts and Minds story would be nice. I did this on 9 characters and 3 of them encountered bugs that forced me to restart Mordremoth back from 100% HP. I’m guessing I just got unlucky, but 1/3 chance of being forced to redo this story was annoying.

1) Shot out of the map during gliding phase. Well known bug.2) I was in the 3rd gliding phase when my glider wouldn’t redeploy in the air. I fell to my death. This was probably lag and not a bug, but a checkpoint would have helped.3) I just did the story on my Mesmer and for some reason, during the gliding phase, I got stuck inside invisible walls. I couldn’t get to Braham for protection, nor could I get to an updraft, so I got electrocuted on the ground. Retried mission, and again, I got stuck inside invisible walls. Braham was literally 2 steps from me, but I couldn’t get to him because of invisible walls. Fortunately, there was an updraft next to me and I was able to glide up this time. Still almost died.

Whether the player fails due to bug or lag, it would be nice if Mordremoth doesn’t have to be restarted from 100% HP. And while I’m at it, a checkpoint for Victory or Death personal story, for players who get disconnected or bug out, would also be nice.

And repeatable achievement starting points for older stories (mostly LWS2 is the issue here)

Ability to toggle what properties (invisible, equipment, craftmans, etc) each bag you have is. The significant cost of each bags is the rune, note the minor amount for other type. And since there is no visual, other than initial materials, it doesn't make a difference whether it is a mithril, leather, etc, bag. The desire to change bags happens as the game itself changes features.Or if the difference of price is considered important, add a vendor someplace that charges some amount of gold for the service. We don't need all combinations - generic 20 slot bags with the end result is all that is needed.Or maybe more interesting, follow the idea of gathering tools, and add bag glyphs, and the glyphs determine the extra properties of the bags.

Now that it's been a few years since I last made this request... time to make it again I guess? please update the Launcher to indicate how long an update will take and how much data is needed to be downloaded (handy for those with limited download quota's as well as those who want to plan their life around the time it takes to update). The displayed information does not help: https://imgur.com/a/LbqGDrG

Also move the Minimize and Close buttons to the left of the fancy artwork on the Launcher so that they are significantly easier to identify/find.

If you are planning to add more achievements like the "chasing tales..." achievements from the last LW episode where you have to kill X amount of enemies/branded please add a counter to it so we can see how many foes we still need to kill.

And please stop with the late patch notes. When updating i want to read the whole patchnotes and dont want to come back a few hours later because there are things which were forgottento mention.

Please exclude Unid gear from salvage all.

Edit: grammar

Simple one for me- i know that eventually ill have enough HP unlocked for all specs, but i am baffled as to why you cant reset HP spent on elite specs. I would imagine it is a design decision rather than 'too much work' however as it is such a simple thing.

I have a big point to make for quality of life for the game enonomy because right now, it honestly feels like everything is really, awfully to cheap in regards to a lot of the crafting materials, which came from Path of Fire spamloot events and general income of gear.

Arenanet should increase the cost of crafting recipe's to counter the vast influx of various materials so that they have some value again, the reason for this is that when everything has less value, people feel like a lot of things they do is not really worth doing or worse, being left out because the best money income is from places they don't enjoy which is a fair point to bring to the table, as it is impossible to expect everyone to play high level things where the most money is, different people enjoy different things, but on the whole, because of the low value of items, it decreases the enjoyment out of things people do like, which for all intents and purposes is also, making gold to buy the things they desire.

For this i would recommend that instead of needing 2 silk scraps to make a bolt, make it 3 or even 4 to create one bolt, this could also be done for a lot of materials in which the tradepost is just drowning in, it would encourage more trade because people will be able to sell items they don't need in exchange for the item they do need and feel like there is some point in doing content again which is just good for the game in general.

I feel the general state of the economy is so out of whack, it needs adjustment not in how loot is gained, but in how we spend it and doing it through the various crafting and refinement methods is the easiest way for arenanet to encourage better prices and tone the recipe's down again when prices soar out of control, they did do this back in the day and i wish they would again to entice the market and have players feel like items are once again worth something, and even though i myself sit on 28 legendary items and they hardly feel like a great achievement because of in part, the low prices which just makes it less of a journey to get there.

@trev.1045 said:Simple one for me- i know that eventually ill have enough HP unlocked for all specs, but i am baffled as to why you cant reset HP spent on elite specs. I would imagine it is a design decision rather than 'too much work' however as it is such a simple thing.

You'll end up with about 370 extra hero points by the endgame. There is literally zero reason to do that. Might be a bit noob friendly being able to respec any time but this is not call of duty to please the casualest of them all.

• Confused 1

@"Nicholas Steel.2340" said:Now that it's been a few years since I last made this request... time to make it again I guess? please update the Launcher to indicate how long an update will take and how much data is needed to be downloaded (handy for those with limited download quota's as well as those who want to plan their life around the time it takes to update). The displayed information does not help: https://imgur.com/a/LbqGDrG

Also move the Minimize and Close buttons to the left of the fancy artwork on the Launcher so that they are significantly easier to identify/find.

Maybe even an update pause button so that if you need to take breaks inbetween updates and maybe even a set download limit in the launcher so that you can set how much you want to allow to download at a time. Sometimes I want to play things while downloading updates so I set the download to about half speed, I wish I could do this for GW larger updates.

@DarkNighT.7319 said:I have a big point to make for quality of life for the game enonomy because right now, it honestly feels like everything is really, awfully to cheap in regards to a lot of the crafting materials, which came from Path of Fire spamloot events and general income of gear.

Arenanet should increase the cost of crafting recipe's to counter the vast influx of various materials so that they have some value again, the reason for this is that when everything has less value, people feel like a lot of things they do is not really worth doing or worse, being left out because the best money income is from places they don't enjoy which is a fair point to bring to the table, as it is impossible to expect everyone to play high level things where the most money is, different people enjoy different things, but on the whole, because of the low value of items, it decreases the enjoyment out of things people do like, which for all intents and purposes is also, making gold to buy the things they desire.

For this i would recommend that instead of needing 2 silk scraps to make a bolt, make it 3 or even 4 to create one bolt, this could also be done for a lot of materials in which the tradepost is just drowning in, it would encourage more trade because people will be able to sell items they don't need in exchange for the item they do need and feel like there is some point in doing content again which is just good for the game in general.

I feel the general state of the economy is so out of whack, it needs adjustment not in how loot is gained, but in how we spend it and doing it through the various crafting and refinement methods is the easiest way for arenanet to encourage better prices and tone the recipe's down again when prices soar out of control, they did do this back in the day and i wish they would again to entice the market and have players feel like items are once again worth something, and even though i myself sit on 28 legendary items and they hardly feel like a great achievement because of in part, the low prices which just makes it less of a journey to get there.

I mean even bring more value out of silver and gold by forcing them into higher tier recipes, like maybe forcing them as another item in creating the ascended materials.

And even just creating more crafting recipes for conversion in the mystic forge.I have so much silver and gold and it is so worthless.

It would be nice if you offered a BYPASS option on the gem store, once a character finished the Path of Fire Campaign, to allow them to acquire the Griffon Mount.

Many people do not enjoy group content or jumping puzzles/collections - those people are impeded from getting a Griffon Mount, unless they engage in activities that they don't like.

This is completely unlike any other aspect of the game. Large game mechanics (like mounts and masteries) are granted to the player either through traditional play through the campaign (solo friendly), or by a multitude of different solo friendly options.

Please offer a gem store option, or integrate the griffon into the solo campaign - whatever (you guys are more creative than I am). Just please allow another solo method to acquire it.

@Spamwagon.1972 said:It would be nice if you offered a BYPASS option on the gem store, once a character finished the Path of Fire Campaign, to allow them to acquire the Griffon Mount.

Many people do not enjoy group content or jumping puzzles/collections - those people are impeded from getting a Griffon Mount, unless they engage in activities that they don't like.

This is completely unlike any other aspect of the game. Large game mechanics (like mounts and masteries) are granted to the player either through traditional play through the campaign (solo friendly), or by a multitude of different solo friendly options.

Please offer a gem store option, or integrate the griffon into the solo campaign - whatever (you guys are more creative than I am). Just please allow another solo method to acquire it.

Please never do this Anet.

A couple of suggestions for the game from practical to outlandish:

1. A home instance library for storage of story related books so we don't lose content or have to clog inventory for such a game element
  2. Branded Beetle skin for sale in Gemstore please!
  3. Make a PVP Spider-Mount that can climb walls for a time and shoot webs at enemies from vertical vantage points. I say "a time" as indefinite sniping might be too OP and in PVE if they go too high the invisible walls thing would become an issue.
  4. More attack masteries for mounts, 2-5 skills, please!!
  5. Cape skins for backpacks!!

More to come when I think of stuff. ;)