Mounts make WvW Unplayable [LAG]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your advice guys but I had no issues before the mount update and although I ve never seen 120 fps, my lowest was 20 in a 3 way sm fight. I usually had 50-60 depending on the numbers. Now whenever a mounted group comes I do not lose fps. I freeze or my skills do not work. Last week some of us got dc'ed on reset night.

I have 60avg FPS and 20avg ping in zerg fights but the skilllag and lag in general is unbearable. Even if I play 1vs1 or small roam gruop 5ppl theres higher FPS but still lagging! 50ppl in squad and randoms all on mouts running to fight another zerg still fun but then when unmount cant do nothing, I push skill and just ... dead! Is this fixeble ?

@"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:The skill lag is bad enough, but combined with the increased model count ... I'm basically forced to play on lowest-lowest for character model and model quality. Low/low gave me 30-80 fps before, now it's more like 20-40 .. so I have to go even lower ;__;

it would be nice to have no models at all... just nameplates. take that lag!

I agree its unplayable because of lag. Also I cant keep up with the stupid f-ing zerg because I dont have a stupid dumb mount. Sorry I have a full time job and cant dedicate my entire day grinding for a dumb cat. Thanks for ruining the one and only game mode i enjoyed in guildwars. Now ill just not play guildwars until the next living story since yall decided not to do expansions which will probably take 10 years since you guys decided to fire half your crew.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Last night I was fighting a scourge in a Zerg and he was mounted lagging all over the place,to me he stayed mounted all while dropping shades on me lol not sure if he dismounted but didn’t register on my end.

This bug needs to get fixed. The other day I witnessed someone bugged on the mount running away while his nameplate clearly showed he was in downed state, and I had my function gyro asking me if I wanted to finish him, until he ran out of range.

Lag increased with the mount patch. And mounts made it worse due to a graphic bug (you could not turn down mount graphics and skins). With the previous fix it is better except EB. In EB there seems to be a constant lag. Yet as it is related to CPU and graphics, optimized high end computers do not suffer it like the moderate and low ones. And this is wrong as the specs to play Gw2 has increased so much that its minimum is nearly 2x of other games.

• 2 months later...

The server time dedicated to WvW has been reduced. When it went from anet servers to AWS servers, we saw a big up tick in skill lag, yet we had far less players vs early WvW days on anet servers. Just large two way fights in SMC would cause skill lag at spawn in EBG, something that was never a problem before outside of full 3 way map queues in SMC. After the addition of the mount skills do not cast as fast on just about any map with players, most people might not notice this, but after playing for thousands of hours and having rotations down, I notice skills not working or interrupting another because of skill lag, even if very slight, this was never a problem before the patch that brought mounts. I don't know if it is the mount or something else that was changed, or something that was added to bring the mount to WvW that has this effect. But maps lag far easier than before.

However, with anet pushing for more and more of a spam meta, I am not sure they really care and the people who are apart of that spam meta will never notice.