NEXT RANGER ELITE SPECIALIZATION POLL — Guild Wars 2 Forums

NEXT RANGER ELITE SPECIALIZATION POLL

kappa.2036kappa.2036 Member ✭✭✭

Simple question: What kind of ranger's specialization would you like to play with the next E-spec release?

NEXT RANGER ELITE SPECIALIZATION POLL 61 votes

SHAPESHIFTER: Gain access to multiple animal forms, which makes the E-spec very adaptable to any situation. (ROLE: Hybrid)
19%
Solori.6025Kravey.4563Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Arkantos.7460Thornwolf.9721Zitronenalien.4532ButcherofMalakir.4067Col.8056Phoenixtwolf.9213HawkXtream.1538alain.1659Ygnir.8961 12 votes
BEASTMASTER: Improved pet abilities/mechanics, and maybe the ability to use multiple pets at once. (ROLE: Hybrid)
16%
BunjiKugashira.9754PurebladeProductions.4875Susy.7529DarkwindStrike.7930MudkipLover.3792rdfaye.4368Kain Francois.4328Cyric.7813Hiki.9310DOPCFOUR.4207 10 votes
WARDEN: Protector of the nature, very strong defensive abilities. (ROLE: Tank/ Support/ Control)
11%
Bast Bow.2958Khailyn.6248Xaylin.1860InsaneQR.7412psyt.9415Acyk.9671Jetra.1238 7 votes
HUNTER: Sniper specialization with strong single-target offensive abilities. (ROLE: Single Target Damage)
6%
DonArkanio.6419theOmegaAlex.4863Astyrah.4015Matsch.8157 4 votes
SHAMAN: Nature magician specialized in Earth-Magic, Spirits summons, and places of power. (ROLE: AoE Hybrid)
18%
heatherforever.7894Krispera.5087Dragana.1497DanAlcedo.3281Rysdude.3824scerevisiae.1972Lewa.5273Fyrestorm Rayevnsky.5497Atronach.8520Chunkook.2413Leethe.3514 11 votes
WARBEAST (DON'T KNOW HOW TO CALL IT): Frontline fighter with powerful self-defensive and offensive abilities. (ROLE: AoE Damage/ Control)
16%
Dahkeus.8243Anela.3867kappa.2036Prophet.1584So Fuzzy Pop.1384Djahlat.9610oOStaticOo.9467Lynnanine.1652GaijinGuy.8476LucasC.4016 10 votes
OTHER.
11%
Cerioth.7062DaShi.1368Dadnir.5038Silverkung.9127Fatal Frame.9568Crystal Paladin.3871Revolution.5409 7 votes

Comments

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭
    WARDEN: Protector of the nature, very strong defensive abilities. (ROLE: Tank/ Support/ Control)

Add some AoE to the defensive abbilities and warden it is.

• DaShi.1368DaShi.1368 Member ✭✭✭
    OTHER.

I doubt there will be another elite spec for this game.

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭
    SHAMAN: Nature magician specialized in Earth-Magic, Spirits summons, and places of power. (ROLE: AoE Hybrid)

Anything with an AoE Weapon.

The constant QQ from rangers in WvW is annoying.

• OTHER.

Wanderer you travel long road your bestfriend have grow old and rest in peace...
    now you walk alone with handgun in both hand but you still remember your best friend.
    you have sing a song to praise them fight in rhythm spam a bullhell in your hand.

Class you can use handgun and 1Hweapon in both/each hand.
    Your pet will going to be a "Song of..." each song have effect to skill 1 2 3 4 5 > single AoE interrup support.

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭
    WARBEAST (DON'T KNOW HOW TO CALL IT): Frontline fighter with powerful self-defensive and offensive abilities. (ROLE: AoE Damage/ Control)

Voted Warbeast, but Shaman would be second of these options.

Soulbeast already feels like a sort of "Shapeshifter" (without the unique visuals), so I don't think they could really do that type of play justice at this point in the game.

I don't think minion-heavy builds are good for the game and there's already enough of these.

Warden sounds too similar to Druid, imo.

Hunter sounds like Deadeye.

AoE-heavy elite spec is really the best niche to cover.

• kappa.2036kappa.2036 Member ✭✭✭

It's actually funny to see that the "Hunter" spec is the least voted, when in the "Next Elite Specialization Weapon poll" rifle won lol.

• CETheLucid.3964CETheLucid.3964 Member ✭✭✭

@kappa.2036 said:
    It's actually funny to see that the "Hunter" spec is the least voted, when in the "Next Elite Specialization Weapon poll" rifle won lol.

Probably because we're already that.

I casted my vote for Bunnythumper (Hammer) myself as a strong frontline spec. In GW1 it was a very versatile build that excelled at frontline CC/Damage with hammer and was fairly durable and spammy thanks to Expertise and strong heals.

In GW2 I imagine that'd translate to a more tanky/CC spec. Still I'd like them to keep that spammy flavor and some heavy front loaded damage if it were possible.

Maybe longer CDs for the heavy hitting stuff and short CDs for the spammy CC. They couldn't be super strong CCs if you can spam them but that's sort of what we got away with in GW1 so that'd have to be left to the balance team to sort out.

Alternatively, we could also bring touch rangers back. No new weapons, exclusive hand skills. It'll be great. :trollface:

• Eleazar.9478Eleazar.9478 Member ✭✭✭

Arggg OP name it bunny thumper or just thrumper as that was a excellent hammer ranger build in gw1

• Kain Francois.4328Kain Francois.4328 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2019
    BEASTMASTER: Improved pet abilities/mechanics, and maybe the ability to use multiple pets at once. (ROLE: Hybrid)

I vote beastmaster with a hammer, and call it Bunny Thumper. Focus is CCing enemies and finishing off foes with your pet.

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019

@InsaneQR.7412 said:
    Add some AoE to the defensive abbilities and warden it is.

Just to reitterate myself here: The role of the warbeast would be best for the missing spot but warden is just the best name of all.

• Crystal Paladin.3871Crystal Paladin.3871 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019
    OTHER.

I expect terrain based traps ...
    Terrain expert : augments traps and adapts to any terrain in tyria and elona ranger can stealth in bushes, tree tops perma stealth
    If terrain has trees-> tree traps that falls on enemies...
    Mud terrain-> makes quicksand...
    Concrete-> slippery slope times 10... if Enemy moves and stops suddenly, fumble and fall ...
    Water, lake-> kraken tentacles pull down water

these might be lame... But I like the slippery slope trap XD

• Cerioth.7062Cerioth.7062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.

All of them? I can't pick!

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭
    OTHER.

Hivemaster: Lose access to common pet and instead gain access to a few select insect swarms that are impervious to damage but deal little to no damage being mainly here for their F2. Then for flavor:
    - Shield as a weapon (skin would look like a beetle carapace)
    - Insect minions as utilities (doesn't really need to be effective, because why not)
    - Traits that grant insect like perks to the ranger (compound eyes for precision, chitin armor for toughness, parasitic abilities... etc.)

• SHAMAN: Nature magician specialized in Earth-Magic, Spirits summons, and places of power. (ROLE: AoE Hybrid)

Shaman (primary caster) with main-hand sceptre, and animal aspects as profession mechanic, similar to Ele attunements. Pet is merged with ranger similar to soulbeast.

Earthquake / poison cloud as signature abilities.

Shapeshifter also a cool idea.

But really as long as it's viable in WVW, and there isn't a kitten pet, i don't really mind.

• Stajan.4581Stajan.4581 Member ✭✭

So what is the one thing that Druid took away from Ranger when they came in and made them the want to play everything. The answer are their traps. So let's bring those back into a viable build like they use to be, and also bring back a old skill from gw1 and the ammo machanic in GW2. First the Name: The Huntsman. Weapons: A throw back to GW1 and a new weapon brought in the spear, out of water. 3 the grandmaster skill I was talking about the one from GW1 Trappers Expertise. This trait allows you to stack up 3 of each trap on top of each other and lowers the cool down buy 25% bit traps remain in place once set 50% shorter time line. New physical traps are brought in and a new master trap skill.
    Also you gain stealth capability to set your traps out and exit the area quickly and quietly.

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2019

@Kain Francois.4328 said:
    I vote beastmaster with a hammer, and call it Bunny Thumper. Focus is CCing enemies and finishing off foes with your pet.

This is ANET we're talking about, they'd call it Rabbit Smasher just to troll/spite people.

• WARDEN: Protector of the nature, very strong defensive abilities. (ROLE: Tank/ Support/ Control)

Warden it is, Beastmaster close second.

• BEASTMASTER: Improved pet abilities/mechanics, and maybe the ability to use multiple pets at once. (ROLE: Hybrid)

Beastmaster would be VERY cool in my opinion, but they would have to balance out being able to use 2 pet skills at any given time in a manner so it's not too OP and not too useless. As for what weapon Ranger's should get with the next expansion, I think Rifle would be cool. Still want ele to get dual pistols, ELEMENTAL PEW PEW PEW FTW!!! :D

• SHAPESHIFTER: Gain access to multiple animal forms, which makes the E-spec very adaptable to any situation. (ROLE: Hybrid)

Just thought of this I know kind of extreme but and idea none the less

A blend of (shapeshifter) and (beast master) could be called either one.

The reason:
    "you have spent long time with your pets fight many battles with them them you know them by there name, how they fight, how they fill, you see there soul, your fell there soul and with this you have learned to be come one to be like them to fight like them"

The idea:
    you can now turn into one of the pets maybe not all more like 1 of each class or type.
    but that is not all
    When you transform into the pet which you have set to transform into, your 2 pest you have selected become activated as your pack and you fight together as a pact and only when all 3 of you are downed will you be knocked back into human form and downed (or dead)

With this you have 3 (not just 2 like in ranger or druid or 1 like in soulbeast)
    so you have 3 and with this you can make a combination of what you like (like 2 dps 1 heal) or (1dps 1heal 1boon sport)

Maybe even your skills or utilities in this form are the pet skills so you can control them easier when needed for healing boons or special attack (normally they will attack the enemy you are attacking unless you command them to go some where else but you have better control over them then you do on soulbeast/ranger/druid

one of the strengths of this idea is that you the enemy has to kill (down) all 3
    Tho you mgiht not be as strong as you are in human form you do have the benefit of having 2 pets that can rez you while down and as well u can rez the others making it a bit more complicated for you to be killed)

• kappa.2036kappa.2036 Member ✭✭✭

@Eleazar.9478 said:
    Arggg OP name it bunny thumper or just thrumper as that was a excellent hammer ranger build in gw1

I would LOVE to see Bunny Thumper coming back from the ashes. My biggest concern is: how could Anet make a spec like that work in WvW? I mean, hammer could be our best AoE weapon. But the pet would die istantly. Ideas?

• Eleazar.9478Eleazar.9478 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2019

Ya, I was thinking maybe a single beefed up pet each Grand Master changes stats of pet by a significant amount pet swap now heals /cleanses pet and still triggers swap traits. (As a further reference too gw1)

Each trait line would buff/work around the pet

First line
    Damage focused top tree based around doing damage with pet and buffing pets damge grandmaster pet is now dire (power condition prec buffed significantly)

Second line support centered focused on healing/cleanse aoe based grandmaster makes pet hearty (vitality and healing power buffed significantly)

Third line uttilites/control focused on aoe boon support and cc effects grandmaster makes pet elder. (Toughness concentration buffed significantly)

• Revolution.5409Revolution.5409 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2019
    OTHER.

This would be nice :)
    Dmg/Aoe/Control
    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warden
    EDIT: specializing in air magic, they could be considered the opposite of druids in the way they use natural magic.

• Redavv.2643Redavv.2643 Member ✭✭

Cannot say about elite's and skills but i would like to have a spear but use like those chinese war movies hehe

• Acyk.9671Acyk.9671 Member ✭✭✭

shapeshifter and warbeast's designs are soulbeast. We just lack aoe or large target melee damage weapon.
    Shaman is literally druid without aoe damage but we have aoe cc + heal + power increase to allies

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭

it wont matter.
    As long as they dont improve the core class one traitline and 5 skills will solve nothing. Or they are completely useless from the start or they are broken and get nerfed until become useless.
    We have seen this happen many times before.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.