Remove mount stomp

Ruufio.1496

It's like warbanner on auto attack. Just remove it.

An example of how dumb mount stomp is: duo roaming with a friend, we get a downed and my friend goes down, I'm going to stealth him so that I can res hi---- AAAAAAAAAND PLAYER 4 ENTERS THE ARENA AND MOUNT STOMPS HIM OHHHHHHHHHHH! SICK PLAY!!!!!!

Yeah... remove the stomp from mount. Just make it do damage and dismount.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mil.3562 said:No. This mount stomp is liked a milder and fun version of no down state, which many here has been asking for ever since ANet started it in an event. Enough fun and useful skills on the mount have been removed already. Please ANet.

Oh, if some people have their way Mount will be Nerfed into oblivion and basically non-useful. At that point I will wonder why they even bothered putting it in in the first place. Finally get something that shakes up WvW after begging for something, ANYTHING, to change the stagnation and now they want it back to the way it was.

I'd imagine they'll tweak the timing of what constitutes "in combat" mounting a bit when the dismount features are added. I just hope they dont over tweak it to the point some abilities in certain instances currently sit at (like not being able to rez someone for 30 secs because even though a fight is over you're still stuck with 30s of cripple).

@Mil.3562 said:No. This mount stomp is liked a milder and fun version of no down state, which many here has been asking for ever since ANet started it in an event. Enough fun and useful skills on the mount have been removed already. Please ANet.

No. The only ones asking for no down state are players of low skill level who either outnumber fights to win (warclaw stomp) or run some instagib build. There is nothing positive for the game to be gained when having a nice fight with downs on each side and having to use your brain to win the fight but having some plebian come along and press 1 on his mount to instakill.

Down state adds another element to combat in which you can tell the difference between bad players and good players. Good players will use the down as bait to create opposing downs and then the fight really heats up. Know the guard is going to MI? Launch the down. Etc. But no - lets's just let some random pleb come along and quickness-on-steroids-stomp AKA warbanner on auto attack completely disrupt the fight to the point of no return. Yeah, that'll be good for the game /s

My friends and I always fight against more players then we have, so what happens 99% of the time now since they have more players? We lose if one of our players ever goes down. That's how you kill a game mode. Better believe it - players will leave GW2 the day something better comes along. Too many hits to roaming (marked, mount stomp now).

(Inb4 fighting against a dozen lesser skilled players with a few skilled players does not equal skill and that only 1v1 equates to skill)

@Ruufio.1496 said:

No. The only ones asking for no down state are players of low skill level who either outnumber fights to win (warclaw stomp) or run some instagib build. There is nothing positive for the game to be gained when having a nice fight with downs on each side and having to use your brain to win the fight but having some plebian come along and press 1 on his mount to instakill.

Down state adds another element to combat in which you can tell the difference between bad players and good players. Good players will use the down as bait to create opposing downs and then the fight really heats up. Know the guard is going to MI? Launch the down. Etc. But no - lets's just let some random pleb come along and quickness-on-steroids-stomp AKA warbanner on auto attack completely disrupt the fight to the point of no return. Yeah, that'll be good for the game /s

My friends and I always fight against more players then we have, so what happens 99% of the time now since they have more players? We lose if
one
of our players
ever
goes down. That's how you kill a game mode. Better believe it - players will leave GW2 the day something better comes along. Too many hits to roaming (marked, mount stomp now).

(Inb4 fighting against a dozen lesser skilled players with a few skilled players does not equal skill and that only 1v1 equates to skill)

I agree but you also on the other hand have the braindead unkillable warriors with stab and EP as passives basically press F for nearly guaranteed res unless you have so much cleave that you out dmg his res power. Or guardians. Or ranger pet ressing with aid from another player. Maybe it would be fair if you didn't insta res from another person dying .. but as someone who only roams.. doesn't play 1shot build but is squishy.. I feel like downed state tends to work against me. Yea, you can use downed as bait that's true. I do it too if I down a player and others try to res. But that only works half the time. And even tho I'm running full zerk I still can't always cleave enough to prevent a res.

There's some mind game to it, but for solo players regardless of 1shot or not I think it's kinda bad for the game. It rewards sloppy play, dying but getting rewarded for pressing F for a few seconds.

The great part of this is you have like 10 really bad players who get downed by one really good player and then some player uses the mount to stomp them so they can't just auto attack the person that killed them with highly OP downed skills. Especially the ranger pets, reaper quickness with #1, and then the warriors who get up and run to the engie super res elixir.

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:hell NO, either have no down state or mount stomp

tired of seeing a bunch of downed enemies suddenly all coming back up just because they killed one of our guys during zerg fights

You do realize it’s one for one right? So... they just were better at killing you?

one for one??? what do you mean?

It’s one rally for one death.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:hell NO, either have no down state or mount stomp

tired of seeing a bunch of downed enemies suddenly all coming back up just because they killed one of our guys during zerg fights

You do realize it’s one for one right? So... they just were better at killing you?

one for one??? what do you mean?

It’s one rally for one death.

Crepuscular,Yes, as Strider said it's one for one. Anet changed the rallying mechanic some time ago in WvW. (The "rally-bot" from times of old doesn't exist anymore.)

From the Wiki:"In World vs World, the defeat of a player will only rally one other player... "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rally

Oh, and Mount Stomping to STAY gets my VOTE! :+1:ROAR, ROAR, ROAR!!! Too dang FUNNY and FUN!!! :lol: