Now we've said our least favourite, what is your favourite sound in the game?

Biff.5312

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You're all welcome, by the way." Rytlock Brimstone's less than warm comment directed at the citizens of Amnoon who didn't show their appreciation of being saved from Balthazar. Caught me off guard - probably due to the perfect voice acting - and I literally laughed out loud.

• 6 months later...

@"KidRoleplay.3615" said:The "Fear Not This Night" song. I rarely hear it since I can't be bothered to complete the personal story ever again, but the singing is beautiful.

Ifn ye really wanna hear it you can find it on youtube! i think you can buy it too, but i forget where now.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"KidRoleplay.3615" said:The "Fear Not This Night" song. I rarely hear it since I can't be bothered to complete the personal story ever again, but the singing is beautiful.

Ifn ye really wanna hear it you can find it on youtube! i think you can buy it too, but i forget where now.

Handy-dandy link to the song on youtube. :)

!

That song's also one of my favorite sounds/songs in this game...as perhaps one can tell because of my signature. XD

Let's see, other favorite sound effects...

• Daredevil's staff. WHACK. WHACK. WHACKWHACKWHACKWHACK. (Actually, most of the sound effects from Daredevil in general.)
  • Deadeye's rifle. I love that sound even when I hear it from the opposing team in PVP, which means I and my teammates are probably going to die soon...
  • The sylvari Renvari's voice, or any NPC who's voiced by the same guy (which amounts to a giant chunk of the male sylvari NPC's). He's got such a lovely voice.
  • Death Shroud/Reaper's Shroud sound effects.
  • The weird little gurgle/purr made by the necromancer's Shadow Fiend. It's so unexpectedly cute. When I made my necromancer, I wanted to stay far away from minions because I thought they're hideously disturbing...but I've made an exception for the Shadow Fiend. It's adorable.
  • "Mouth of Mordremoth" playing during the last fight of the Dragon's Stand meta event. It never fails to make me grin.
  • ...aw heck, a good 90% of this game's music. Listing all of the standout instances would take far, far too long. :)

The raptor noises always make me happy.

Fear Not This Night short lullaby that plays when you view a vista in the Grove.

Fear Not This Night in general.

Guardian/Dragonhunter skill "Processions of Blades" sounds. Always loved that sound.

The sound of my thief stealthing lol

And agreeing with everyone on the general soundtracks. Especially the calm ones that play when you're idling in a safe area

The female Charr player voice. "And I deserve it too!"

The female Asura player voice. "May all your theories be sound!" I like Taimi's voice as well. "Oh look, you broke Scruffy's sarcasm meters!"

Mad King Thorn is easily my favorite NPC in the game.

The engineer's flamethrower.

The reactions of burning or shocked NPCs dying.

The parachute POP and rustle of the Zephyrite hang glider, and the happy sounds of the Super Cloud glider.

Let's see:

1. Death. Good (duh)
  2. Anything male sylvari character says (especially Mesmer and Necromancer)
  3. Greatsword metal clanking sound when it connects. (eg. hitting a rabbit, sounds like a car crash impact)
  4. URGE TO KILL RISING
  5. I know your face from my dreams
  6. Koda's blessing upon you