Djin's Dominion

Ithilwen.1529

I'm seeing consistent steam roller matches. Another courtyard map is bad for the game.

The design of the maps makes it easy for a team to control 2-3 points as a single blob, zerging from point to point.

At the very least, the back paths to the side points should be closed. I don't think that would be enough to address the problem though. The map is simply too small.

The game is not balanced around team fights. We already saw this with Courtyard which eventually had to be removed from the game.

Djinn's Dominion size is fairly small compared to other maps. It's pointless to play thief for decapping because why bother doing that when a warrior can get to a point in a fairly similar time? As for the middle point, it's a worse version of Eternal Battleground's mid point. It has little to no cover that it only benefits professions with strong AoE skills like scourges and ranged professions.

• 2 weeks later...

@mortrialus.3062 said:Make the lamp a permanent 4th node. Shorter distances could be balanced by an extra place you need to be.

Make the lamp actually profitable to be at, so that every 2 minutes you need to think about whether to go down there instead of just mashing people after they waste time getting the buffs.

If Yasmins Favor caused something more impactful like point degeneration, point neutralization, or debuffed the entire opposing team, people would be forced to branch off and have someone secure the point to either flip momentum or increase snowball speed.

I've had the exact opposite experience, most games go near timer which is beyond boring. Maybe that's because it's unranked and nobody is defending, or the map is too small and someone with good mobility can get to a side point from mid in like 5 seconds to decap, I don't know.

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Ithilwen.1529 said:NEW BUG: It is possible for a revenant to enter the other team's spawn. I just saw it done last match.

Every class with a teleport skill can do that. I hope they keep it as this is the only fun thing about this map.

You don't even need a teleport, there's a jumping puzzle anyone can do. Atleast in the pool room base.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:@Ben Phongluangtham.1065hey ben any time frame as to when this map will get updated and out of beta mode?

Not specifically. We have a few things we're working on with the map that should make it out in the nearish future. We're adding a wall between the spawn areas stretching to the lamp platform to prevent people from ganking each other on the opening split. There will be a gate that opens in the wall 30 seconds into the match so that you don't always have to run past mid to get to far.

Additionally, we're trying to get map performance better.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:@Ben Phongluangtham.1065hey ben any time frame as to when this map will get updated and out of beta mode?

Not specifically. We have a few things we're working on with the map that should make it out in the nearish future. We're adding a wall between the spawn areas stretching to the lamp platform to prevent people from ganking each other on the opening split. There will be a gate that opens in the wall 30 seconds into the match so that you don't always have to run past mid to get to far.

cheers man! pls consider adding somewhere to kite at in mid ;-). maybe even some los as well!

I hate this map. Half the skills on a warrior don't work because half the time the grooves on the ground stops you. It's like other people's skills work because it's a ranged skill but mine don't. Fun times.

Also like the there guy said There's no point in playing a profession ike thief because sword 2 is buggy on it. The map is small so a warrior will get to it in the similar time and a warrior beats thief. And there are no walls or anything to port back to safety.

There is zero kiting potential at mid. With foefire u can kite on the stepped area. Coliseum you can hop on the plat form. This map. You have trees for line of sight. That's about it.

Not to mention the massive lag you get from this map. Just really don't want this to be ranked

I agree with some other posters that the map needs a lot more polish in the form of ground/barrier polish (P.S. A lot of skills could use polish so they don't go wonky when used, such as a warrior's rush...) but it also needs some add-ons to allow for play and counter play. Honestly the map, if stretched by 15% horizontally, may have been perfect.

Glad to hear about the barrier though. It's become a tactic to send a bunker to mess with the five people out of the gate at start.

Any chance of adding an invis wall onto the blue spawn like you did with red? (may be the other way around, I've been gone a few days so...) I can confirm that any class can get into the spawn if they do the jp. Will even take a video and post it if you need to see it in action to fix it.