Mesmer's Tooltip OP

Lincolnbeard.1735

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:So, Jaunt's ammo count still says 3 since December nerf.If anyone needs more proof that we're indeed ANet's favourite child - they don't even fix our tooltips!

But I got an idea for the balance team - pull off an Overcharged Shot and fix the skill to match the tooltip.

They left is as a reminder how clueless they are at balancing stuff .Also to make mirage players even more salty after last patch xDWould be nice to have any elite that look like elite and doesnt have 180s cd when cheap rampage elixir is 60 and rampage itself is 90/72

I've been doing a lot of fractals recently - the difference between jaunt in pve and jaunt in wvw is shocking.

Especially since the mc nerf I think Jaunt is mediocre, only reason to take it is because other elites are worse (mass invis outdated and crippled with reflect if training manipulations, time warp - lol useless outside of pve, moa - poor without Chrono F5 abuse and a gimmick outside of organised team pvp). I think only Ele has it worse when it comes to elite choices.

Easiest would be reducing count recharge to 20s again (but leave it at 2 counts so not as front loaded but can be used more often).

@Curunen.8729 said:I've been doing a lot of fractals recently - the difference between jaunt in pve and jaunt in wvw is shocking.

Especially since the mc nerf I think Jaunt is mediocre, only reason to take it is because other elites are worse (mass invis outdated and crippled with reflect if training manipulations, time warp - lol useless outside of pve, moa - poor without Chrono F5 abuse and a gimmick outside of organised team pvp). I think only Ele has it worse when it comes to elite choices.

Easiest would be reducing count recharge to 20s again (but leave it at 2 counts so not as front loaded but can be used more often).

Or remove confusion.

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:I agree that jaunt is trash and needs either a revert on ammo or cd reduction but this was more of a joke thread. :/Still my suggestion remains: do the lazy fix - increase the ammo to match the tooltip. B)

Have they ever done a complete 180 like that though? Serious question.

Mirror Blade comes to mind:July 28, 2015 - Reduced number of bounces from 4 to 3.July 26, 2016 - Increased the number of bounces produced by this attack from 3 to 4.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:I agree that jaunt is trash and needs either a revert on ammo or cd reduction but this was more of a joke thread. :/Still my suggestion remains: do the lazy fix - increase the ammo to match the tooltip. B)

Mirror Blade comes to mind:July 28, 2015 - Reduced number of bounces from 4 to 3.July 26, 2016 - Increased the number of bounces produced by this attack from 3 to 4.

Great. Then there's hope. =)

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

This is definitely the only example of this I've ever heard. More often, they'll nerf a trait or skill into being outright useless. Then rather than unnerf it completely or even just a little bit they'll 100% redesign the ENTIRE trait or skill.

Axe 3 could be an example - it was confusion to begin with then got changed to torment - and then got changed back to confusion again. So there is some hope.

Staff trait could also be an example - from 20% cooldown to conditional cooldown in chaos armour only - then back to flat 20% cooldown.

Great. Then there's hope. =)

March 27, 2018

Reduced damage by 14% in PvP and WvW.There is no hope tbh

For mesmers there is no hope, but if we are talking about things in general, for revenants they "bug fixed Bruce Lee kick" and made it where you can't use it if the target is not within the range.then they revert it and made it so you can still use it if the target is out of range "i was glad that they changed it back atleast", and was actually done fast, so there is hope or not i am not sure =DThis reminds me of sword 3 bug fix =p

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Nepster.4275 said:But all this has a good side, mesmer subforum stopped being the trashbin for people to QQ

Still plenty of qq on other forums, scepter and chaos are the next targets.Scepter complaints I can understand given how they buffed the damage but the underlying mechanical still being clunky.

But Chaos... Seriously this got nerfed enough back with that Chrono nonsense. They already nuked Bountiful Disillusionment and nerfed Chaotic Persistence. I don't see how much else they can do to it aside from reworking traits for mote active boon application (ie Illusionary Membrane).

@Curunen.8729 said:

@Nepster.4275 said:But all this has a good side, mesmer subforum stopped being the trashbin for people to QQ

Still plenty of qq on other forums, scepter and chaos are the next targets.Scepter complaints I can understand given how they buffed the damage but the underlying mechanical still being clunky.

But Chaos... Seriously this got nerfed enough back with that Chrono nonsense. They already nuked Bountiful Disillusionment and nerfed Chaotic Persistence. I don't see how much else they can do to it aside from reworking traits for mote active boon application (ie Illusionary Membrane).

The problem with scepter complains is that, once scepter is nerfed you might as well run without a mainhand weapon. Sword apart from ambush is trash, axe got trashed in the last patch...It's precisely BD that is on the line.