Would you like to remove Mounts from WvW?

Menyus.4610

Hey Fellow Players!

The reason im making this poll is because this patch basically ruined wvw for me :(I only play WvW and PvP however i was very innactive in the past 8 months due to balance issues.But to be honest this is the game that no matter what happens i can play with, i have so much good memories in it and all, but mounts damn...

Reason why i made this Poll:

1. MMOs are my passion i love them so so much, and GW2 is the GAME for me after LOTRO(Lord of the Rings Online) went a full donwhill, but mounts killed WvW(for me ofc), and i want to know if the community likes it or not cos if the vast community stands with mounts its me who have to go :/ (thinking about ESO tips are wilkommen)
  2. I Found no such poll except one but i found the poll question strange(also found some more but they were moderated)

Reasons why i think mounts are bad for WvW

1. Too small Maps forMounts:WvW maps are small, i always hated it that basically you go outside a keep gate and after 25 seconds u are at another keep or tower, forexample: Red at EB, you can reach your keep under 30 seconds there you can reach 1 tower under 15 seconds, 45 seconds 35 seconds, 25 seconds, now with mounts i engage a player while flipping camps peacefully but he gives a f*** about me cos he can reach any tower under like 20 seconds no matter what
  2. Way too much amount of HP: I cant dismount a player with backstab + steal combo common
  3. People without pof are basically useless now, you cant catch up with the raid without mounts
  4. Escape potential: Okey it can travel fast, but yesterday a mesmer closed 7k range in under 6 seconds with the help of the mount...
  5. Makes small groups even more useless now because big blobs can more easily def things, like you can no longer rapidly hijack towers with small teams cos the blob is comming with freakin cars
  6. It promotes even more PvE all i see around non prime times is medium sized flocks running brainlesly and flipping objectives
  7. Stomping: It a way too OP skill

This is not a QQ thread tho so please dont spread toxicity and all, this patch really killed WvW for me, but if it made WvW more joyful for you share you opinion why :)

ps: Scrapper barrier is bugged in wvw too?(like 10-12k barrier damn)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just get two things straight;

• The people who LOVE THE WAY MOUNTS ARE IMPLEMENTED are not here on the forum, they are busy ENJOYING the mount in the game!
  • The complainers on these forums are just a tiny minority of players.

Aside from that, I heard that Arenanet is scraping the barrel for resources now - why waste time and effort doing a change only a few people want?!

(Also, I like that the OP framed the question so that "yes" was the answer they wanted, well done OP - very sly).

@Menyus.4610 said:this patch basically ruined wvw for me :(

@Menyus.4610 said:i was very innactive in the past 8 months due to balance issues.

@Menyus.4610 said:But to be honest this is the game that no matter what happens

So you were inactive for 8 months because of balance issues, and claim that you will play this game no matter what, but nowWvW is ruined because of the mount? :confused:

Quality Troll post. :+1: :trollface:

@"Svarty.8019" said:Let's just get two things straight;

• The people who LOVE THE WAY MOUNTS ARE IMPLEMENTED are not here on the forum, they are busy ENJOYING the mount in the game!

Aside from that, I heard that Arenanet is scraping the barrel for resources now - why waste time and effort doing a change only a few people want?!

(Also, I like that the OP framed the question so that "yes" was the answer they wanted, well done OP - very sly).

Why do people always assume it's the minority that's always vocal about changes?

If mount was a good thing then it wouldnt be needing all these balance updates and bug fixes in the first month of implementation...

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Menyus.4610 said:i was very innactive in the past 8 months due to balance issues.

So you were inactive for 8 months because of balance issues, and claim that you will play this game no matter what, but nowWvW is ruined because of the mount? :confused:

So a player who only plays 1-2 hours a week should not be taken serious? :)

@steki.1478 said:

Why do people always assume it's the
minority
that's always vocal about changes?

If mount was a good thing then it wouldnt be needing all these balance updates and bug fixes in the first month of implementation...

Hmm, let's think... perhaps it's because it IS?

@Menyus.4610 said:

@"Svarty.8019" said:(Also, I like that the OP
so that "yes" was the answer they wanted, well done OP - very sly).lol?, im sure people be like oh i love mounts but kitten this question is so good im gonna vote on yes

You would be surprised!

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:Let's just get two things straight;

minority

Hmm, let's think... perhaps it's because it IS?

@Svarty.8019 said:(Also, I like that the OP
so that "yes" was the answer they wanted, well done OP - very sly).lol?, im sure people be like oh i love mounts but kitten this question is so good im gonna vote on yes

You would be surprised!

Uh, no, I hate to break it to both sides of whatever argument. The vast majority of the population does not give a shit about the mount. The people who play in spite of it do not really care either way. It has changed nothing that a simple balance pass couldn't have achieved.

If there was a substantial subset of the playerbase who really enjoyed the mount, you would have seen or heard about it in a different way. The same goes for if there had been something similar for the other side of the argument.

Are there not players who feel that the mount has encouraged them to play or ruined how they like to play? Sure, they exist, that is evident from this forum. We can all respect those of them who raise good points to those concerns. The vast majority of those, however, are mostly happy people who enjoy the ease of catching up to a squad without having a clue about how the people who have created that squad feels about it, and, some parts of the roaming community who are unhappy with how the hitpoints and Cc immunity impact their gameplay. Their feelings about catching up to tags is quite pointless if there is no tag. Similarily, there may be roaming issues tied to the mount, but those are not genuinely the 1-hit hitpoint pool or Cc immunity. The genuine, potential, roaming issues are rarely talked about here on the forums. If at all, but elsewhere.

If you look at the various discord servers out there, very little is said about the mount. No one really cares.

The only thing I see there or when talking to commanders or other content-enablers is that there is a mount and an undersized gem-bastion instead of Alliances/population balance and a GvG arena. That's it.

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:I hate

Haters gonna hate, mate. That's on you.

I find it hilarious that gankers are whining now because they can't get unfair fights when for SIX YEARS they justified their gameplay type as "Roaming" and looking for even sided fights.

Gankers just want to kill players who 1. aren't as skilled and 2. aren't geared for small group. That's bullying by any measure.

This epidemic of demands and whining is evidence of that!

I feel like they should add mounts to the one place that absolutely needs them - EOTM - the most aids "wvw" map to get around on due to sheer size and annoying paths to get to stuff.

On a side note - they were not a necessary addition to wvw. I don't feel like they were asked for or wanted. But they'er here not so....adapt and deal with it.Anyway I've found that mounts make it much quicker to get around the map - wipe a zerg - zerg is back for more fights in minutes = more bagsSomeone in your zerg dies? They can make it back to the group more quickly, the mount also makes it easier for them to evade roamers.

I think there needs to be a "rent a mount" option for those without mounts in wvw. like 1g/hour or something if they do not have pof or not have it unlocked yet. They don't need to have all the war kitty skills - they just need to be able to keep up with the zerg. My guardian the other day in party kept apologizing for no stab because she simply did not have a mount and was always so late arriving wherever we were. I imagine it's sort of miserable for non-mounted players to try and keep up with the zerg now.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

In addition ... these balance issues have been in the game since day 1 ... In fact, anyone sitting in the wings 'waiting' for balance just hasn't been paying attention to the game.

my favourite part is that the poll is worthless. Whether people like mounts or not in WvW, they are here to stay.

I voted to keep mounts. I tend to run very high speed thief builds, so actual travel time hasn't been affected much for me, but I do like not having to constantly do my travel rotation to stay at speed. :)

I do think, however, that there need to be some tweaks, namely:

1. Make an instant dismount skill that acts on both the player engaging and the one being engaged.
  2. Make the mount somewhat vulnerable to CC. Essentially give the Crippled effect if it gets hit with Cripple, Immob, or Chill.
  3. MAYBE lower the hp, although this may not be necessary if 2 happens.

@Svarty.8019 said:

Haters gonna hate, mate. That's on you.What's your problem? You are claiming something unsubstantiated and I point out the error while pointing you to some substance.

Your only retort to that is calling me a hater. Is the truth too hard to handle, so you have to resort to namecalling?

Look, I had not even seen this before raising my points, but you can see them point to exactly the same things I just did: (see the first 15 odd mins).

@steki.1478 said:

minority

Why did the most vocal wvw forum people label everyone that wanted mounts as pvers? It works both ways.

@Svarty.8019 said:

Haters gonna hate, mate. That's on you.

I find it hilarious that gankers are whining now because they can't get unfair fights when for SIX YEARS they justified their gameplay type as "Roaming" and looking for even sided fights.

Gankers just want to kill players who 1. aren't as skilled and 2. aren't geared for small group. That's bullying by any measure.

This epidemic of demands and whining is evidence of that!

Excuse me, I am a Roamer. Don't you put that evil of Gankers on me!

Roamers =/= Gankers. Gankers only PvP. Most could not take an objective if their life depended on it.

Roamers can do both, and actually try to help war score. And scout. And defend.

Look at that, I don't think the votes actually resulted in what OP wanted.

Anyway, I like the mount. It makes small crew defence easier and more action packed. Havoc teams quicker and more havocy. Zerg play is much faster when loosing or out manned. Scouting more safe. PiP farming faster and safer. That basically cover all aspect of WvW that I do.

The mount really hurt the small subset of WvW player who went into wvw with a PvP build in order to gank people on a zerg/pve build. I don't have much love for them as there is already a PvP mode for PvP players on PvP builds, and it is called PvP. "I cant dismount a player with backstab + steal combo common" is a bit of a giveaway.

People claim it hurt small groups but when we run small groups it has only been a boon. When we defend a map we can faster go from objective to objective, saving one keep only to run and save a tower/keep on the other side of the map. Taking down walls, lords, doors or capping circles take just as long as before, but running to them is faster with mounts. Same is ironically true for the attacking havoic side. While it is easier for active defence, it is also easier to do a lightning attack and take down a tower or even a keep on lightly defended maps.

A common theme with those speaking loudly against the mounts like it's the worst thing ever is that they seem to be people who were already not playing GW2 much anyways. Like the op admitted he has been inactive for the past 8 months. Same with some in the guild I'm in, the loudest ones against the mounts are ones that already had 1 foot out of the door and rarely played GW2 before the mounts were implemented.

Those actively playing GW2 mostly find the mounts ok, they'll be happier once some tweaks are made. Things like removing stomp and adding a mount skill that dismounts. Some tweaks to make mounts not affect combat too much will make it more widely acceptable. Mounts have already been adjusted down so as-is they aren't affecting fights much at all. Removing its ability to stealth really helped tune it down.

So be honest, if you are leaving the game due to the mounts, were you actually enjoying the game and playing WvW actively before the mounts?

Would you like to remove Mounts from WvW?They aren't going to remove mounts no matter how many times someone creates a poll about it. It was too much effort on their part to 100% remove it.

They will adjust WvW to make mounts work better (or, in the view of some, be less awful) for the next 3-6 months. And then, after another 3-6 months, they'll reevaluate whether it's been good for the mode or not. They might ask us then; they might not.

@steki.1478 said:

minority

It doesn't need balancing though. The reduction in how far it jumps seems to be a very unpopular change. The change to dropping off your mount vs jumping off it which allowed players to leap some walls and gates had to be changed... so what's left? Does it need a break bar? Anet is looking into it, but truth be told, adding one in isn't going to help the gankers one bit. A trap to instantly dismount players? Surprised it wasn't added in with mounts, but it's coming. People don't like superior battle maul acting like a stomp? Well it seems most people who post on here don't like downstate anyway, so the way the mount stomps is a blessing.

Last but not least, a dismount skill? Sure it makes sense, but that has nothing to do with balance; but truth be told, it's something that should have been added in from the get go. One mount pounces on another mount and knocks the person off.. makes sense.

What's left for balance? They didn't need balancing, they had their leap distance reduced which most seemed to not want. We also have to face facts here... I havn't seen to many people riding their mount to whatever objective, only to willingly get off an engage a ganker they likely can't kill. Actually, have not seen this once since the mounts hit.. I have not seen one person willingly get off their mount to engage a "roamer". So it seems to me the majority of the people wouldn't be behind any change that included a break bar or dismount skill. The people that want said things are in fact a minority. The minority should never be listened to for any reason what so ever.. ever, at all, at any time. Not unless the minority is dumping so much cash into the game, they can keep it afloat themselves.

Look, I had not even seen this before raising my points, but you can see them point to exactly the same things I just did: (see the first 15 odd mins).

Nothing in that video makes me want to put the Warclaw into a position that favours gankers. Teapot even states that too, at 7m36s ... and Roy seems to agree with him, going to far as to state, "I don't think Arenanet should balance anything around roaming".

Adding a knock-off skill is exactly what nobody except gankers wants.

I suspect Arenanet will favour the gankers* in the end because THEY play like gankers. I watched nearly every WvW livestream and they never defended an objective, never** manned a single piece of siege, and never mentioned the score. Classic ganker playstyle.

• for the purposes of discussions with me, gankers = roamers and vice versa.** if they did, it was extremely rare and probably a golem.