Email: Review Your ArenaNet Email Subscription Settings (+ Get free mask)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"MetalGirl.2370" said:Well I subbed to newsletter but settings get reset every time. I checked my mail because some people said you'd get an email for it but I got absolutely nothing.

I had the same issue - no settings sticking and no mail. :-1: So I turned them all on then clicked the big and red acknowledgement button at the bottom, and I finally got the emails - 4 of them. I clicked the "Confirm Your Subscription" link in each email and BAMM!!! the settings stuck within my account.arena.net page. :+1:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:Looks true. Even mentions it on that page in your account settings.

https://imgur.com/a/1eJmQ4i

@mortrialus.3062 said:I need my purple eyes! Purplize me!

You got the part where not til 1-8 weeks after April 29, right?

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:Looks true. Even mentions it on that page in your account settings.

@mortrialus.3062 said:I need my purple eyes! Purplize me!

You got the part where not til 1-8 weeks after April 29, right?

I shouldn't have to wait 1-8 weeks after adjusting my email settings to find out if I properly qualified.

@mortrialus.3062 said:I shouldn't have to wait 1-8 weeks after adjusting my email settings to find out if I properly qualified.

If you login to your account and the option remains selected, you're subscribed to the newsletter and thus qualified. The email some people are getting was to verify their email, which is only sent to first time subscribers.

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi everyone,

Thanks for getting back to us on this email campaign. We would like to provide a few answers to your questions below.

What do I need to do to be eligible to receive the gift?

• You need to subscribe to the three newsletters (ArenaNet, Guild Wars 2, and Guild Wars).
  • And be a subscriber as of April 29, 2019.

When will I get the gift?

• It will be distributed during the 8 weeks following April 29, 2019.

I am having problems saving my subscription settings on https://account.arena.net/settings. Can you please help?

• To be clear, if you can reload the https://account.arena.net/settings page and your settings display correctly, then your settings are saved correctly!
  • If it’s not the case, we need you to check if your browser settings may get in the way. Make sure that javascript is enabled. If you are using a blocker browser plugin such as Ublock Origin or Privacy Badger, temporarily disable it. Try saving your settings, reload the page and check if your settings display correctly.
  • If it still doesn’t work, try the following:
    • Go to the general newsletter sign up form: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/newsletter-signup/.
    • Subscribe with the same email address that you use on your game account.
    • This will trigger a confirmation email, so check your inbox and spam folders for an email from ArenaNet within a few minutes. The sender is “ArenaNet guildwars2@ncsoft.com” and the subject line is “Guild Wars 2 Mailing List -- Requires Confirmation”.
    • Within a few minutes you should have received the email. Open it and click the confirmation link.
    • Finally, login to https://account.arena.net/settings again. You should now be able to successfully save your newsletter settings.

Why is there a need to sign up for GW1 in the prefs when already signed up for the ANET and GW2 prefs.. makes no sense.But ok, re did this to include for GW1 so maybe now I will get a deluge of all previous newsletters, perhaps I could still win that shiny VW Beetle… (did anyone actually win that car btw, never saw or heard anything on that promo..)But anyhow it's done now, so I've waited.... waited.... waited some more...…. STILL WAITING!

Are we sure this was supposed be sent via email.. or pigeon mail :)

Guest Kevin Ip.7109

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Hmm, went to the general newsletter sign-up, signed up, and didn't receive any emails. Is this only for those who have not previously signed up? (I hadn't signed up for Guild Wars newsletters previously.)

The confirmation email is generally not sent to users who are already subscribed to one of the other newsletters. But if you want to verify that you're fully subscribed, go back to https://account.arena.net/settings at the end and make sure all of the newsletter subscription switches are green/on (reload the page to make sure).

The workaround using the general newsletter sign-up is only needed for users who are having trouble getting the account settings page to work.

Thanks for posting the tips. My particular problem ended up needing to disable AdBlock for the site. I had previously had similar issues with pictures and some other content not loading properly on the main 'guildwars2.com' site. Since these settings are all in the 'arena.net' domain, I had to do the same. After that, my update preferences button lit up like it was supposed to and stopped giving me errors.

@hugo.4705 said:got an issue, set all the settings for newsletter on okay, but each time I reload, the switch goes left and all are grey again.... :/

Noticed this myself now and found out how to fix it, check your mail they have sent a email you need to confirm the subscription.After that is done refershing will keep them green.

I found out about this promotion yesterday, and it turned out I wasn't subscribed to any of the newsletters. However, after subbing to them all I haven't received any confirmation email and the switches are still green. My guess is I subscribed to 1 or more newsletters when I created my GW2 account back in 2014, got the confirmation email, but unsubbed shortly after.

I did have a bit of trouble getting the account settings page to work. I got an error message like others when trying to subscribe to the newsletters. But, I noticed NoScript was blocking stuff. Everything's working perfectly fine since I had NoScript allow all on the page.

The switches are all green indicating I'm subbed to everything, and I can unsub to all of them and resub without any issues. Still no emails of any kind though. I guess it will be a little while before I start receiving the newsletters.

So yesterday I went to my account settings and turned on newsletters (they became green) and saved all three successfully. I made sure guildwars2@ncsoft.com wasn't blocked by my email preferences, yet no confirmation email arrived. I disabled my adblocker, tried a different browser, changed my language and nothing has been sent to me.

I read about a lot of people whose newsletter preferences switched back to grey when they logged out, but after logging in and out several times the newsletters continue to show they're enabled for me despite not getting an email. I signed up for the newsletter via https://www.guildwars2.com/en/newsletter-signup/ as a last resort and... still nothing.

There doesn't seem to be anything else I can do to get this to work. :(

@alexcasilio.6247 said:So yesterday I went to my account settings and turned on newsletters (they became green) and saved all three successfully. I made sure guildwars2@ncsoft.com wasn't blocked by my email preferences, yet no confirmation email arrived. I disabled my adblocker, tried a different browser, changed my language and nothing has been sent to me.

I read about a lot of people whose newsletter preferences switched back to grey when they logged out, but after logging in and out several times the newsletters continue to show they're enabled for me despite not getting an email. I signed up for the newsletter via https://www.guildwars2.com/en/newsletter-signup/ as a last resort and... still nothing.

There doesn't seem to be anything else I can do to get this to work. :(

If they are green your signed up so I dont see the problem.