Super Adventure Box Preparation

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Bloodstealer.5978" said:So multi key for F9... C (PRESS), C (RELEASE), SPACE (PRESS), SPACE (RELEASE) nothing overly complicated. Though not being a macro user for games I may indeed be doing something ultimately wrong.

Try instead:
C-down
Space-down
Space-release
C-release

"Dodge Jump" is a misnomer as it's more domp or jodge, a portmanteau, not a compound word.

Yeah I 've tried every conceivable combination to no avail.. GW2 just wont see the key assignment. I even tried making F9 just Dodge but it wont even recognise that.. it's as if GW2 just blocks or ignores macro key assignments.Never mind, thanks for the help Ilc.

I agree with @Ok I Did It.2854 tbh.. if it is an allowed use of a multi key bind, why not place it into our control settings arather than open the door to a third party piece of software.

I'm a huge SAB fan so I'd like to point out that whatever anyone is planning to do to enjoy the festival is absolutely the right answer :)

That said, I do have a couple of exceptions to the advice given . . :1) The infinite continue coin isn't really that helpful. It doesn't hurt, but if you like SAB you'll have a ton of baubles and you'll never run out of regularly purchased continue coins. This is my third or fourth year with SAB and I've never bought the infinite coin, yet I still have 1k bubbles with nothing to spend them on . . .2) You don't have to dodge jump. It does help, but it is not necessary to keybind it. I think there was one cheeve or something I needed it for in 2-3trib, other than that it was always optional. And you don't have to keybind it to make it work. I'd say don't worry about it, just play, it will work itself out . . .

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Yeah I 've tried every conceivable combination to no avail.. GW2 just wont see the key assignment. I even tried making F9 just Dodge but it wont even recognise that.. it's as if GW2 just blocks or ignores macro key assignments.Never mind, thanks for the help Ilc.It is still sounding more like a keyboard issue rather than a GW2 issue.

• Some keyboards (not sure if G213p is one) can have multiple settings, especially for the Fx keys. I had to explicitly remap mine so that e.g. F5 was always F5, instead (by default) either F5 or UNDO.
  • Logitech offers several styles of profiles, some that automatically recognizes the active program and some don't. The first sort usually requires using profiles stored on the computer (and those can sometimes get corrupted). In other words: double check that the logitech software is actually recognizing that GW2 is running (and using the relevant profile).

if it is an allowed use of a multi key bind, why not place it into our control settingsThey just recently changed the policy to explicitly allow this key combination. In the past, the wording was somewhere between ambiguous and implicitly disallowing it. Rephrasing the rules is easy.

In contrast, it takes extra work on their part to place it in control settings. Nothing crazy, probably, except... there's only so much time in the day, it's not an urgent issue, some of the work requires translation and UI people and they are always in short supply, etc.

rather than open the door to a third party piece of software.This doesn't seem like an issue, since anyone with a US$40 has macro software; it's not opening up any new doors.

@Westenev.5289 said:Three things I would suggest to players like me...

1) Play with friends who are memers, not players. Misery loves company, and sometimes there comes a certain joy when everyone is lost or can't make a jump.

2) Don't use taco. You're a yolo trailblazer who don't need no walkthrough.

3) Don't give up. Sure, a few ragequits are expected... but that's half of the experience!

4) Infinite continue coins could be initially useful, but after doing the zones a few times you'll be running Trib mode in 5 minutes no death speedruns. Just having 50 continue coins on hand is good enough (and you can refund them later).

That sums up exactly why some people love, love, love SAB... and others hate it with extreme prejudice.

Extreme is putting it very mildly :)

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Another useful note, food and boosters you're running either will get wiped, or in the case of primers possibly rendered null (don't know as I've not experimented with primers in SAB yet).

In summary, just be weary of bringing in toons with boosters running you don't want to lose.

Oh good point. I've got a few wvw xp/track boosters running into many hours atm.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Yeah I 've tried every conceivable combination to no avail.. GW2 just wont see the key assignment. I even tried making F9 just Dodge but it wont even recognise that.. it's as if GW2 just blocks or ignores macro key assignments.Never mind, thanks for the help Ilc.It is still sounding more like a keyboard issue rather than a GW2 issue.
  • Some keyboards (not sure if G213p is one) can have multiple settings, especially for the Fx keys. I had to explicitly remap mine so that e.g.
    F5
    was always
    F5
    , instead (by default) either
    F5
    or
    UNDO
  • Logitech offers several styles of profiles, some that automatically recognizes the active program and some don't. The first sort usually requires using profiles stored on the computer (and those can sometimes get corrupted). In other words: double check that the logitech software is actually recognizing that GW2 is running (and using the relevant profile).

if it is an allowed use of a multi key bind, why not place it into our control settingsThey just recently changed the policy to explicitly allow this key combination. In the past, the wording was somewhere between ambiguous and implicitly disallowing it. Rephrasing the rules is easy.

In contrast, it takes extra work on their part to place it in control settings. Nothing crazy, probably, except... there's only so much time in the day, it's not an urgent issue, some of the work requires translation and UI people and they are always in short supply, etc.

rather than open the door to a third party piece of software.This doesn't seem like an issue, since anyone with a US$40 has macro software; it's not opening up any new doors.

Yep the 213P does have function controls on them, perhaps email direct key etc.. so you unassigned the key first then assign its new multi key, making sure your working within the GW2 keyboard profile, then save the profile.One thing I did forget .. the standard GW2 keyboard profile uses V for dodge, which I changed locally within GW2 controls to C.. therefore as a final attempt changed the GW2 profile to ensure Dodge was correctly set to C.. as otherwise C was doing nothing.... but of course Space should of still been mapped for jump.So reset GW2 .. and nada, no dice. GW2 simply wont recognise the multi key.Regard to the 213P Logitech profiles... yes it looks for the specific keyb profiles for the game (as I said the standard keyb profiles... so if you have mapped other keys to do other things in GW2 you then ensure it matches the standard Logitech GW2 profile... or create a new one and import the GW2 profile into it - I have tried both ways.Good point though re whether LGS knows when GW2 is running in order to utilise the profile.. not sure how to check that other than when setting the key binds it highlights GW2 profile rather than default .. anyhow maybe someone in support can throw some light on this.. was the Logitech gaming software perhaps blocked after the last ban wave.. or perhaps your right its a something either I am doing wrong or the keyb/software/me are doing wrong :)

If this does get some form of resolvement, at least I would of learned something today :)

@"Bloodstealer.5978" I also use LGS, albeit with a different keyboard and mouse; neither have any trouble working with GW2.I'm still inclined to believe that it's Logitech Gaming Software not using the correct profile.

One way you can test if it's recognizing GW2 generally is to create a duplicate profile that works for say notepad. Program maybe the Y key to type "this is Notepad." If the software is doing its auto-swapping, then Y (a) would still open the Friends list in GW2, (b) would type "this is Notepad" in notepad, and © will just be a Y in any other program.

Just created a new profile for working in WORD.. set F9 to create a text blockStrangely enough nothing happens.. so yip I am either not setting this up properly (entirely possible) or the software is simply not recognising the programs running (even tried reinstalling the latest gaming software.. oh well back to Trib Mode suicide running.

EDIT - Also went into the default profile and assigned F9 to be V SPACE multi Key.. again nothing happens so whether LGS is recognising the GW2 profile or not something isn't working even when using the default profile...

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Just created a new profile for working in WORD.. set F9 to create a text blockStrangely enough nothing happens.. so yip I am either not setting this up properly (entirely possible) or the software is simply not recognising the programs running (even tried reinstalling the latest gaming software.. oh well back to Trib Mode suicide running

Sorry to hear that.At least, you've narrowed down the problem into something your niece-the-computer-whiz can solve for you (or maybe even Logitech support site?)

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Just created a new profile for working in WORD.. set F9 to create a text blockStrangely enough nothing happens.. so yip I am either not setting this up properly (entirely possible) or the software is simply not recognising the programs running (even tried reinstalling the latest gaming software.. oh well back to Trib Mode suicide running

Sorry to hear that.At least, you've narrowed down the problem into something you're niece-the-computer-whiz can solve for you (or maybe even Logitech support site?)

Yeah no bother, its only SAB trib mode.. I doubt DJ'ing will help me to get much further than 1 or 2 zones like last year anyways :)Appreciate the help though Ilc.

I really want the beedog to get the cat in my home instance. I have watched a couple of videos and shudder at the pylon/pole jumps. I was wondering about the infinite continue coin as I only have 10 continue coins on my account, plus about 600 baubles and 4 bauble bubbles. I'm going to do this on infantile, but there don't appear to be any clouds in that area so I think I'm going to fall and die a lot.

@Hesione.9412 said:I really want the beedog to get the cat in my home instance. I have watched a couple of videos and shudder at the pylon/pole jumps. I was wondering about the infinite continue coin as I only have 10 continue coins on my account, plus about 600 baubles and 4 bauble bubbles. I'm going to do this on infantile, but there don't appear to be any clouds in that area so I think I'm going to fall and die a lot.

It's helpful to do this with a partner. The mechanics of carrying the piranha allow your partner to 'spell' you while you're making a tricky climb (and of course, it helps for clearing the route). In the extreme, you can wait at the 'not cat' and your associate can bring the fish to you and drop it; you can pick it up to offer it to the cat for credit.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:It's helpful to do this with a partner. The mechanics of carrying the piranha allow your partner to 'spell' you while you're making a tricky climb (and of course, it helps for clearing the route). In the extreme, you can wait at the 'not cat' and your associate can bring the fish to you and drop it; you can pick it up to offer it to the cat for credit.

Thank you, I was wondering if anyone could pick up the piranha once dropped.

I am in dire need of help. TacO does not display those yellow lines I see in YT videos that are supposed to mark your path. Instead, all I see are green stars (like the ones used to indicate story objectives in the open world) at whose location there is nothing to interact with, so I assume they are path markers. I also see chest icons in the far distance, but that's all I see with TacO.

Furthermore, I cannot collect any of the bubbles - I stand in their location, but the character does not pick them up, not even upon using the Use key. (Edit: Okay, the collection is delayed 5 secs or more. Everything else feels delayed as well... why?)

What am I missing? Everything SAB related in the TacO settings is enabled (to my knowledge).

@Ashantara.8731 said:I am in dire need of help. TacO does not display those yellow lines I see in YT videos that are supposed to mark your path. Instead, all I see are green stars (like the ones use to indicate story objectives in the open world) at whose location there is nothing to interact with. I also see chest icons in the far distance, but that's all.

Furthermore, I cannot collect any of the bubbles - I stand in their location, but the character does not pick them up, not even upon using the Use key. (Edit: Okay, the collection is delayed 5 secs or more. Everything else feels delayed as well... why?)

What am I missing? Everything SAB related in the TacO settings is enabled (to my knowledge).

Sounds as if not everything is enabled.

With TACO on, click on the TACO icon (to the right of the crossed swords for PvP, top left in the game window)Filter Displayed Tactical Markers → Tekkit's Guides [x] → Super Adventure Box [x] →

• Toggle Normal Mode Pack [x] → recommend either checking all except the last or just the first one (normal route)
  • Toggle Tribulation Mode Pack [] (not recommended for first timers)
  • Toggle Hub Pack [] (optional, if you want to do the race or flags in the lobby)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Filter Displayed Tactical Markers → Tekkit's Guides [x] → Super Adventure Box [x] →

Okay, I don't have that one, although I downloaded and unpacked it into my GW2 TacO installation folder. Let me delete everything and reinstall... will check back in a bit.

Edit: Ahhh, figured out what went wrong. Apparently, I did extract Tekkit's archive, even though it explicitly says to not do so but to just move the ZIP file to said location. Oops!

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Filter Displayed Tactical Markers → Tekkit's Guides [x] → Super Adventure Box [x] →

Okay, I don't have that one, although I downloaded and unpacked it into my GW2 TacO installation folder. Let me delete everything and reinstall... will check back in a bit.

Edit: Ahhh, figured out what went wrong. Apparently, I
did
extract Tekkit's archive, even though it explicitly says to not do so but to just move the ZIP file to said location. Oops!

Easy to overlook that. (It's possible to get it to work even after unpacking and it's much, much, much easier to do what you did: delete & start from scratch.)Well done troubleshooting; I wouldn't have thought to ask about the packing/unpacking. (I'll know for the next time someone has trouble.)

@Ashantara.8731 said:Hmm, I am still experiencing a very bad delay in loading and actions with TacO activated. :/ Or is it the server today?

It sometimes hiccups when you first get started and occasionally when first loading. Your machine has to display a lot more on screen.That's why I usually turn as many options off as possible, so that I'm only seeing what I need for the current task. Kind of a pain to micromanage, only preferable than the visual noise (and loading delays) that comes without doing so.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Easy to overlook that.

Not really, if you read the instructions properly. =) I didn't, obviously, as I thought it would work like with any other archive (once I checked its contents).

It even says so in red text, if you follow the instructions. Ahem... well, it happens. ;)

Well done troubleshooting;

30 years of working with operating systems makes it routine. :#