Global Unidentified Gear Incoming, March 26th!

@"phs.6089" said:OK, I have one question left.Why UnIDs are still salvable?I know of invis bags etc. I just wonder why they are salvable, no other bag with gear is.Previously the salvage result could get you eyes of kornir and brandspark, now its gone.Maybe Arena.NET can look at this?

Becouse its not really a bag of gear its a item you dont know what it is, so can be salavaged.If you like to compare it to something its the salvage items.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvage_item

@BlueJin.4127 said:Now that I had some time with this... I REALLY don’t like this change.

Before:1) Salvage all greens and lower2) Salvage all rares

Now:1) Look for blue unID stack2) ID blue stack3) Look for green unID stack4) ID green stack5) Salvage all greens and lower6) Look for rare unID stack7) Look harder because rare unID stack is hard to find for some kitten reason8) ID rare stack9) Salvage all rares

Awful...

Easy fix for your rare problem type rare in your bags search bar.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Linken.6345 said:

@"phs.6089" said:OK, I have one question left.Why UnIDs are still salvable?I know of invis bags etc. I just wonder why they are salvable, no other bag with gear is.Previously the salvage result could get you eyes of kornir and brandspark, now its gone.Maybe Arena.NET can look at this?

Becouse its not really a bag of gear its a item you dont know what it is, so can be salavaged.If you like to compare it to something its the salvage items.

They are just salvagable items. After update UnIDs lost the meaning to be slavaged

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:OK, I have one question left.Why UnIDs are still salvable?I know of invis bags etc. I just wonder why they are salvable, no other bag with gear is.Previously the salvage result could get you eyes of kornir and brandspark, now its gone.Maybe Arena.NET can look at this?

Becouse its not really a bag of gear its a item you dont know what it is, so can be salavaged.If you like to compare it to something its the salvage items.

They are just salvagable items. After update UnIDs lost the meaning to be slavaged

unid's are just salvageable items you just dont know if its a heavy, medium, light armor, weapon or trinkets

@Linken.6345 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:OK, I have one question left.Why UnIDs are still salvable?I know of invis bags etc. I just wonder why they are salvable, no other bag with gear is.Previously the salvage result could get you eyes of kornir and brandspark, now its gone.Maybe Arena.NET can look at this?

unid's are just salvageable items you just dont know if its a heavy, medium, light armor, weapon or trinkets

Same as those, you mean?https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag_of_Masterwork_Gearhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag_of_Rare_Gear

@"Rasimir.6239" said:Almost seems like "who can open the most chests per playtime" isn't ANet's vision for how people play this game ...And yet all the latest maps give most of the rewards via chests, and they also nerfed the amount of champions at Istan. The last LS reward for the two meta is all about giving chests with rare unId bags. So they seems quite fine in putting rewards in there...well knowing that MF will be useless with those.By the way, there have been diminishing return for farming monsters for a long time as well, so it seems like ANet's vision is more about players not using their MF at all.

Its a giant nerf to the farm on PoF maps.Now Unids are twice or three times cheaper than before... I was selling green ones for 6-7 silvers, and blues for 3-4 silvers, now green are for about 2s and blue at 1.2s.Also they drop with the same frequency on PoF maps as before but the drop from them when you open them is WAY smaller than it used to and this directly affected the price on those. I have left these maps and gone back to the HoTs maps they are more profitable i am telling you, it screwed me over a big time since my MF is poor at 90% and was dropping and selling unid gear bags mainly for profit, which does not exist anymore, i have no idea where to make gold now.Worst update i experienced in my GW2 experience, why not just let unid gear drop and still allow it to be affected by MF?

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Same as those, you mean?

Nope those are gear bags its the same as https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unstable_Metal_ChunkYou dont know what metal you get.EditDo you see any unidentifed bag of gear droping anywere?Notice the word BAG

@Linken.6345 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Same as those, you mean?

Nope those are gear bags its the same as
You dont know what metal you get.EditDo you see any unidentifed bag of gear droping anywere?Notice the word BAG

Salvagable items don't drop gear. They are just to be slavaged.UnIDs drop gear, just like bags of gear, whatever they called, they are bags with gear in it.

@Manuhell.2759 said:By the way, there have been diminishing return for farming monsters for a long time as well, so it seems like ANet's vision is more about players not using their MF at all.Just playing the game you rarely stay in one place long enough for DR to kick in, so it's a non-issue for most people. It is an issue for those that prefer to farm, as regular farming grinds (as known from other games) don't give increased gains in GW2, but I suspect that while those players are very vocal, they are actually not a large part of the whole playerbase.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Same as those, you mean?

You dont know what metal you get.EditDo you see any unidentifed bag of gear droping anywere?Notice the word BAG

Salvagable items don't drop gear. They are just to be slavaged.UnIDs drop gear, just like bags of gear, whatever they called, they are bags with gear in it.

No its a unidentified item so no it dont drop gear it is the gear.

@Linken.6345 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Same as those, you mean?

Where are you getting with this? I'm askin why it's still salvable.The purpose have been lost. No more eye of kormir and brandsparks.And it acts as bag.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Same as those, you mean?

Where are you getting with this? I'm askin why it's still salvable.The purpose have been lost. No more eye of kormir and brandsparks.And it acts as bag.I actually do know people that prefer to salvage the unidentified gear directly, despite the fact that you get more value out of them if you do identify them first. To them, the convenience of treating them like a salvage item rather than like a piece of gear is more valuable than the straight gold value you get from dealing with identifying and sorting through the gear.

Basically unidentified gear is a hybrid item that is both a salvage item and a bag of gear, and it's the player's choice to treat it as one or the other.

• 2 weeks later...

On the QoL side of things, this implementation seems to have failed expectations. The reason being that only L80 gear gets converted to unidentified. But L80 characters receive a range of gear, frequently L75+. So only a fraction of the incoming loot actually gets converted. The rest continues to fill up bag space with hardly any slowdown. In relation to how much value was taken away by this change, it doesn't seem like a fair tradeoff. Here are some suggestions to bring things in line.

• For blue and green (and maybe yellow), change the output of unidentified gear to the same range that L80 players can receive as drops. Remove these drops from the table and convert them to unidentified gear.
  • Exotic items remain as-is, since L80 exotics can still be relevant for endgame gear or unique weapon skins.
  • Add a Basic Unidentified Gear drop for white items.