Fishing in GW2/Relaxing in game

Hello!I really think this game is missing a fishing profession! I really love to do fishing in all other games and find it relaxing.Perhaps they could add it one day?:)Give it some special achievements or rewards! A fishy weapon!What do you guys think? Or what do you do in this game to relax in general?:)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Naflie.3491 said:Hello!I really think this game is missing a fishing profession! I really love to do fishing in all other games and find it relaxing.Perhaps they could add it one day?:)Give it some special achievements or rewards! A fishy weapon!What do you guys think? Or what do you do in this game to relax in general?:)

I'm really not a fan of fishing in games, mostly because i don't like to stand idle and wait for a bobber to bounce. I'm not against it though. It would be cool if they could make a better fishing system than most other games, but fishing is fishing.

To relax in game I like to wander the oceans killing sharks and carving helmets from their stomachs and wearing them. O what fun times lol.

@Naflie.3491 said:Hello!I really think this game is missing a fishing profession! I really love to do fishing in all other games and find it relaxing.Perhaps they could add it one day?:)Give it some special achievements or rewards! A fishy weapon!What do you guys think? Or what do you do in this game to relax in general?:)

I would love to get fishing in game, as well as some more non combat related activities to do. The combat is great and all but fighting for like 98% of gameplay gets a little old.

Theres tons of topics about this now....

Bottom line: We already have fishing (2 different styles of fishing on 2 maps (Sandswept Isles (event) and Thunderhead Peaks (heart)) and ofc you can also just do underwater combat on fish creatures. Is it what you expected from fishing... perhaps not, but it does not mean fishing doesn't exist in game.

@Biff.5312 said:I've never found fishing in an MMO anything but a nuisance. As for relaxing - people do it all the time. Hang out in a city, engage in fashion wars, etc.

It can be done, but fishing mechanics need to have a reason besides serving for recipes, new mats could be farmed with diving places, like Pearls, fishing contest on LA harbour, lots of sandbox elements can be introduced on a themepark game.

It all deppends on how gets designed.... if it happens I fear that anet would make it a node to shove it with a fishing rod skin bought on the tp.... cause in design and implementing solutions Anet is not that good...

Go further than that.

I want there to be achievements, titles, and stupid silly skins for fishing. Who cares if people don't want it. Then don't do it. Sometimes people just wanna hang out or take a break and talk to people in guild chat instead of just afking around the visual clutter that are people nowaday. Better yea, Anet give me armor that I can make from fishing materials :]

Or a stupid cape like in Runescape.

Rather have the devs work on important things.

With Underwater combat mechanics already in the game, why are we not using that as the basis for fishing? Doing them one by one with a fishing rod will never satiate the blood lust and murder hoboing we're accustomed to. No..... if we're gonna do this, the Genocide has to be efficient, and the loots abundant.

@starlinvf.1358 said:With Underwater combat mechanics already in the game, why are we not using that as the basis for fishing? Doing them one by one with a fishing rod will never satiate the blood lust and murder hoboing we're accustomed to. No..... if we're gonna do this, the Genocide has to be efficient, and the loots abundant.

Fishing rods are obsolete when we have Engineers with an infinite supply of explosives!

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Go further than that.

I want there to be achievements, titles, and stupid silly skins for fishing. Who cares if people don't want it. Then don't do it. Sometimes people just wanna hang out or take a break and talk to people in guild chat instead of just afking around the visual clutter that are people nowaday. Better yea, Anet give me armor that I can make from fishing materials :]

Oh my god finally someone who understands me haha! Me wants fishhhh!

I've seen fishing executed very well. IMO not having vibration feedback from a controller ruins the experience so something else would do.

Final Fantasy 12 had an interesting fishing system where to catch a fish you had to input certain commands such as left, r2, triangle, triangle as well as many other combinations. It speeds up as you progress and the inputs become more complex the further you go.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Go further than that.

What a waste of resources ---