Chrono question

Neroon.1437

I was attacked by a chrono yesterday in a camp. I had 21,000HP and heavy armour and was down in 1 second flat!Looking on my log after I saw:Phantasmal Swordsman for 2800.... four timesMind Wrack for 3500.... Also four times

Now I don't play a chrono, but considering you can only have 3 illusions at once, and Phantasmal Swordsman has a 15 second CD I'm at a loss.... ish.

Best I can figure is that he cast it once, then used Continuum Split to jump back a second, and recast it, then used Mind Wrack (so 2 swordsmen, and 2 Mind Wracks) and has Chronophantasma traited to replace those two swordsmen.However would those two new swordsmen be effected by the Mind Wrack? That has a 12 second CD so couldn't have been recast.

Any Chronos out there can help me figure this out?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mind_Wrack

• Shatter Storm - Mind Wrack becomes an ammo skill.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_the_Ether

• Active: Heal yourself and reduce the recharge of phantasm skills.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chronophantasma

• The first time a phantasm would become a clone, it instead resummons itself and attacks again. Resummoned phantasms inflict a percentage of the original's damage.

The chrono summoned his Phantasmal Swordsman, Signet of the Ether a second Phantasmal Swordsman and both were re-summoned by Chronophantasma. Mind Wrack was likely used twice with 2 clones each for a total of 4 hits. Probably using the Sword 3 illusion too, so might not even have waited for the 2nd wave of Swordsman to convert to illusions. That would be the most straightforward assumption without seeing the combat log or more details.

There is a ton of interaction in mesmer/chrono skills, not to mention Continuum Split shenanigans.

Phantasmal Swordsman is from offhand sword. The phantasm leaps to you and attacks in place with 8x 130-range attacks. You'd have to be sitting still (or CC'd/Immob'd) to get hit by it for much.

Mind Wrack is F1 shatter. One hit per illusion & the mesmer itself counts as one. So up to 4 times.

This can all be done without using Chrono spec.

@Magolith.9412 said:Phantasmal Swordsman is from offhand sword. The phantasm leaps to you and attacks in place with 8x 130-range attacks. You'd have to be sitting still (or CC'd/Immob'd) to get hit by it for much..I know where it's from, and it does one hit, not 8, at a range of 130. It does give you 8 stacks of might.@"rng.1024" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shatter_StormThis trait coupled with Chronophantasma could allow for said scenario..The Shatterstorm thing would work well, and answer the question..@Cyninja.2954 said:A lot of stuff that makes sense..Thanks, all works out.

I guess someone has fast fingers :)

@Neroon.1437 said:

@Magolith.9412 said:Phantasmal Swordsman is from offhand sword. The phantasm leaps to you and attacks in place with 8x 130-range attacks. You'd have to be sitting still (or CC'd/Immob'd) to get hit by it for much..I know where it's from, and it does one hit, not 8, at a range of 130. It does give you 8 stacks of might.

Try it out for yourself... it leaps at target and does initial damage, then attacks in place 8 times. It shows up in the logs as 1x Illusionary Sword Attack followed by 8x Blurred Frenzy (if you're hit by all.)

If you meant he spawned the phantasm itself 4 times, ok... just not the impression I got from your OP.

Edit: I guess I should add, if he's on top of you and hits you when he spawns the phantasm, then that will show in the logs as Phantasmal Swordsman. If that's what you meant, then yea... dude above explained.

@Magolith.9412 said:

@Magolith.9412 said:Phantasmal Swordsman is from offhand sword. The phantasm leaps to you and attacks in place with 8x 130-range attacks. You'd have to be sitting still (or CC'd/Immob'd) to get hit by it for much..I know where it's from, and it does one hit, not 8, at a range of 130. It does give you 8 stacks of might.

Try it out for yourself... it leaps at target and does initial damage, then attacks in place 8 times. It shows up in the logs as 1x Illusionary Sword Attack followed by 8x Blurred Frenzy (if you're hit by all.)

If you meant he spawned the phantasm itself 4 times, ok... just not the impression I got from your OP.

Edit: I guess I should add, if he's on top of you and hits you when he spawns the phantasm, then
that
will show in the logs as Phantasmal Swordsman. If that's what you meant, then yea... dude above explained.

Ah, I see what you mean, the follow up attacks.However my log showed 4x illusionary Sword and 4 Mind Wrack followed by a few ticks of bleed as he finished me off.I was down and the illusions gone before they got chance to get the follow ups.

It was over so fast I'm now thinking he had that combo macro'd

@Neroon.1437 said:

Edit: I guess I should add, if he's on top of you and hits you when he spawns the phantasm, then
that
will show in the logs as Phantasmal Swordsman. If that's what you meant, then yea... dude above explained.

Ah, I see what you mean, the follow up attacks.However my log showed 4x illusionary Sword and 4 Mind Wrack followed by a few ticks of bleed as he finished me off.I was down and the illusions gone before they got chance to get the follow ups.

It was over so fast I'm now thinking he had that combo macro'd

Mind wrack count for each clone shattered, so if it says x4 means 4 clones got shattered in your face, probably 3 clones plus the mesmer itself which counts as an illusion for mind wrack.

Macros won't help you at all, probably that guy is just very fast at pressing the right keys and shatters. And he mastered that oneshot combo over and over.

But if you got it by sword5 multiple times it means you were standing still like a dumb and you didn't have good reaction time and that's why he killed you.