Scrapper

Ario.8964

@Mammoth.1975 said:

@Mammoth.1975 said:So a scrapper just capped my home point. I decapped him, fullcapped him, and stood there having a wet noodle match with him. His thief comes so I have a 1v1 with the thief while the scrapper is still pointlessly flailing away at me, thief runs, node still ours. Thief regens a bit, comes back and tries again, gets driven off again (I can't push the kill I don't have the mobility as a Necro). Happens one more time. From 266 to 500 I kept 2 of them trying to decap our node, because the scrapper couldnt do anything, but the thief thought he could. Thieves are -much- better at 2v1 than 1v1, but scrappers don't count, so he had to 1v1 me. That game basically summarises all these menders scrappers, and frankly, most of the demolishers scrappers.

And this just happened again, except instead of a thief it was another scourge, and this time the scrapper realised it wasn't worth fighting over after I killed the scourge. I still really want to know what people are playing when they decide it's time to come to the forums and complain about scrapper. Obviously it's a genuine problem for some classes.

I think the problem is they haven't seen an "easy-to-play" tank in some time, and don't know how to handle it. I barely see scrappers in platinum nowadays, so I suspect it's a problem for people unfamiliar with the spec.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Wulfgar.9715 said:This scrapper BS gets worse every day. Now in every second match you got 2 enemy scrappers who bunker two points, kicking you constantly out of the node and who won't die from getting hit by 3 players + trebuchet . GG Anet.

I play scrapper and I play warrior. I can and have deleted a scrapper in seconds and within 20 or so seconds. Guy was no slouch either. Top 200.

Sic em ranger can also 1 shot a scrapper. There's a guy called gank. Had a YouTube video about.

U just gotta use up it's 7 seconds of stab and it's 1 stun break and dodges. Then u cc and finish. Or you can 1 shot him if he's not looking if you are playing power mesmer, DE, sic em,1 shot tempest. All of these have high enough dps/stun to burst thru the passive and kill a scrapper on the spot. But like I said u gotta wait till cool downs..

As scrapper I get all kinds of hate messages especially when a guy shoots into my dome with out unblockable... Really just gotta learn the animations and look at their status bar.

If your team has zero cc and no dps. Sure u will lose. but really. Just switch class to a counter the moment u see a scrapper.

If you can't mutiple class... Well that's your own problem.

@crepuscular.9047 said:You can tell people are figuring out how to deal with scrapper, last night my scrapper was constantly getting destroyed, never before have i had so many deaths on a scrapper in a single match

No, this is probably because they hotfixed the bulwark barrier last night so it is just over half as good as it was.

@bbop.9706 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:You can tell people are figuring out how to deal with scrapper, last night my scrapper was constantly getting destroyed, never before have i had so many deaths on a scrapper in a single match

No, this is probably because they hotfixed the bulwark barrier last night so it is just over half as good as it was.

No. That's prob not it. Even with out fix a sic em ranger, fc warrior, burst mesmer, deadeye etc etc can basically 1 shot a scrapper when his cool downs are gone.

You can literally see videos of this on you tube or twitch. It's also in the forums. This is pre fix.

Just bad players don't understand when to use their skills write all these scrapper post.

@TorQ.7041 said:

@"crepuscular.9047" said:You can tell people are figuring out how to deal with scrapper, last night my scrapper was constantly getting destroyed, never before have i had so many deaths on a scrapper in a single match

No. That's prob not it. Even with out fix a sic em ranger, fc warrior, burst mesmer, deadeye etc etc can basically 1 shot a scrapper when his cool downs are gone.

You can literally see videos of this on you tube or twitch. It's also in the forums. This is pre fix.

Just bad players don't understand when to use their skills write all these scrapper post.

Which is why EU MAT the winning team was two chrono bunk, 1 scrapper, 1 support firebrand, and a Shiro+Glint Herald. The losing team had a holosmith instead of a 2nd chronobunker.

Everyone assured me that Scrapper is garbage, that it'll never win a Monthly Automated Tournament, and that they die so easily if you play a build that can dump 30k damage into them in the span of three seconds. So why couldn't all those "EU Better than NA" pros who are MAT veterans and previous winners do anything about it?

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"crepuscular.9047" said:You can tell people are figuring out how to deal with scrapper, last night my scrapper was constantly getting destroyed, never before have i had so many deaths on a scrapper in a single match

Which is why EU MAT the winning team was two chrono bunk, 1 scrapper, 1 support firebrand, and a Shiro+Glint Herald. The losing team had a holosmith instead of a 2nd chronobunker.

Everyone assured me that Scrapper is garbage, that it'll never win a Monthly Automated Tournament, and that they die so easily if you play a build that can dump 30k damage into them in the span of three seconds. So why couldn't all those "EU Better than NA" pros who are MAT veterans and previous winners do anything about it?

Looks at a double Chrono win and thinks damn, Scrapper be crazy.

I think the last monthly was before the latest gyro nerf too, no?

Also neither team was picking Spellbreaker to check Scrappers, probably because Chrono was the bigger threat. Scrapper gets a place due to Spellbreaker pushed out by Chrono. Kind of how the rock paper scissors crumbled.

You've already concluded whatever, but let's check on Scrapper after the changes

@Chaith.8256 said:

Looks at a double Chrono win and thinks kitten, Scrapper be crazy.

Also neither team was picking Spellbreaker to check Scrappers, probably because Chrono was the bigger threat. Scrapper gets a place due to Spellbreaker pushed out by Chrono. Kind of how the rock paper scissors crumbled.

You've already concluded whatever, but let's check on Scrapper after the changes

Chronobunk is stupid. Blurred Inscriptions should not provide damage immunity. Scepter 3 needs to be heavily reweighted into dealing condition damage over power damage.

But at the end of the day, both scrapper and chrono have turned the game into a bunker meta. And scrapper was absolutely a part of it. I never said Chronobunker was bad and was never going to win a MAT. But you and tons of other people downplayed scrapper's strength by saying it can't be judged as strong if it hasn't won a MAT yet.

The teams that brought spellbreakers lost to the teams that brought Scrappers in previous rounds.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Chronobunk is stupid. Blurred Inscriptions should not provide damage immunity. Scepter 3 needs to be heavily reweighted into dealing condition damage over power damage.

But at the end of the day, both scrapper and chrono have turned the game into a bunker meta. And scrapper was absolutely a part of it. I never said Chronobunker was bad and was never going to win a MAT. But you and tons of other people downplayed scrapper's strength by saying it can't be judged as strong if it hasn't won a MAT yet.

The teams that brought spellbreakers lost to the teams that brought Scrappers in previous rounds.

At the time no teams were considering bringing Scrapper. I admit it turned out to be a viable pick once the meta settled, against my prediction. Bulwark was promptly nerfed 33%, so it's already old news until more testing. I suspect it'll remain ok but take a hit in popularity.

To be fair the double res with gyro and double stomp to secure kills is still really strong, along with converting burns into aegis with a firebrand? That's pretty much burst mitigation for the team.

Can't exactly underestimate Scrapper + Firebrand but then Firebrand anything is kinda stupid.

Scrapper by itself should be really tolerable though.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

So you are going to compare corodinated teams to solo q? And you are basing the entire balance on 1 game? And 1 representation via a tiny sample size of a few players. Very logical...

I am no pro. I am at plat. I play holo,scrap, warrior and ranger. I have zero problems demolishing scrapers on ranger and warrior. Sic really shoots through any block and finish with 11k whirling impact. This was against top 100 players that play scrap in solo q. There's more going on in ATs than just dps. Scrapper is totally killable and can be out rotated. I ve been testing rev lately too. Not as effective but can out dps scrap heals.

I find that at no point in any of the post do you even consider some one else's opinions and really did not bother looking at videos that kills scrappers. Instead of suggesting x y z isn't viable you solely based your assuming on 1 AT game.

At the same time you have previous wrote against all the classes and their skills that kill a scrapper calling for nerfs. While saying scrapper is Op. Insanely ironic.

Instead of "every one assured me" maybe just maybe. Watch the kitten YouTube videos that show scrap being killed in seconds. Maybe you might learn something and just maybe see that there are multiple builds that can destroy scrap.

Since it seems like you have an in ability to find such thing this is a YouTube vid. Showing you how it's done

https://youtu.be/mI80zsNaW0M

These players r plat 1-2. Which I feel really should translates to them knowing how to use thier skills mechanically with map awareness. Compared to say below g1 where players with the wrong builds smash into scrapper and do nothing then come on forums crying for nerfs

And yes this is 1 dude. But there are many more videos. I d make a video but I don't have the time. And it's also a waste of time making it to show some one that you. You will find another excuse to want to Nerf a class that's not your main.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Chronobunk is stupid. Blurred Inscriptions should not provide damage immunity. Scepter 3 needs to be heavily reweighted into dealing condition damage over power damage.The two chronos in the winning team did run illusions over inspiration.

@Chaith.8256 said:

At the time no teams were considering bringing Scrapper.

Didn't sind tell stream that lefrere said scrapper was op and beat everything 1v1? I think.you were there.I admit it turned out to be a viable pick once the meta settled, against my prediction. Bulwark was promptly nerfed 33%, so it's already old news until more testing. I suspect it'll remain ok but take a hit in popularity.

@TorQ.7041 said:

So you are going to compare corodinated teams to solo q? And you are basing the entire balance on 1 game? And 1 representation via a tiny sample size of a few players. Very logical...

I am no pro. I am at plat. I play holo,scrap, warrior and ranger. I have zero problems demolishing scrapers on ranger and warrior. Sic really shoots through any block and finish with 11k whirling impact. This was against top 100 players that play scrap in solo q. There's more going on in ATs than just dps. Scrapper is totally killable and can be out rotated. I ve been testing rev lately too. Not as effective but can out dps scrap heals.

I find that at no point in any of the post do you even consider some one else's opinions and really did not bother looking at videos that kills scrappers. Instead of suggesting x y z isn't viable you solely based your assuming on 1 AT game.

At the same time you have previous wrote against all the classes and their skills that kill a scrapper calling for nerfs. While saying scrapper is Op. Insanely ironic.

Instead of "every one assured me" maybe just maybe. Watch the kitten YouTube videos that show scrap being killed in seconds. Maybe you might learn something and just maybe see that there are multiple builds that can destroy scrap.

Since it seems like you have an in ability to find such thing this is a YouTube vid. Showing you how it's done

These players r plat 1-2. Which I feel really should translates to them knowing how to use thier skills mechanically with map awareness. Compared to say below g1 where players with the wrong builds smash into scrapper and do nothing then come on forums crying for nerfs

And yes this is 1 dude. But there are many more videos. I d make a video but I don't have the time. And it's also a waste of time making it to show some one that you. You will find another excuse to want to Nerf a class that's not your main.

Dismisses mAT and responds with plat 1 youtube video. What in the?

@Quadox.7834 said:Didn't sind tell stream that lefrere said scrapper was op and beat everything 1v1? I think you were there.

Yeah, Lefrere's findings were not real by my own testing, Scrapper never had a positive matchup vs. everything 1v1 even pre-last patch, that's actually a very bold claim. As far as I know Boyce's Strength War is probably something 200-5 for duels against Scrappers played in a variety of ways. Sind was also mad that ArenaNet elevated another defensive spec to be viable, kind of venting about ArenaNet choices in general.

@mortrialus.3062 said:The teams that brought spellbreakers lost to the teams that brought Scrappers in previous rounds.

I'm watching the last eu MaT VoD right now and .. in the semi-finals I'm looking at K I D A playing a rifle Scrapper build getting his fudge pushed in by Revenants and Strength Spellbreaker (better players as well) pretty much start to finish. From 1:53:30 to 1:53:44, Boyce kills a Scrapper after swapping into a 1v1 in 14 seconds.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:The teams that brought spellbreakers lost to the teams that brought Scrappers in previous rounds.

I'm watching the last eu MaT VoD right now and .. in the semi-finals I'm looking at K I D A playing a rifle Scrapper build getting his fudge pushed in by Revenants and Strength Spellbreaker (better players as well) pretty much start to finish. From 1:53:30 to 1:53:44, Boyce kills a Scrapper after swapping into a 1v1 in
14 seconds

And? Boyce's team still got knocked out by K I D A's team. They lost. It's like back when everyone was whining about Mirage and rev was starting to win MATs again and complaining that this particular Rev trying to 1v1 the condi mirage proves revs aren't good.

Yeah it's clear it's too strong. Scrapper was able to easily hold a point being challenged by 2 enemy players, by itself, no problem. I've seen it many times now and i just returned to this game after 6 months off. I highly doubt all scrappers are magically "better" in skill than all other classes. it's simply OP. It's weird how GW can't seem to just correctly balance the game and leave it alone. They just OP one class, then OP another. Ticking off all the players who are both OP ( bc they dont want to lose it) and underpowered (who are sick of getting crushed). Is this really that much of rocket science? This constant balancing act is starting to reek of incompetence if you ask me. Get it RIGHT, once and for all. That's what the players want.

@Quadox.7834 said:

Cos mATs are different. Plat 1 and gold 3 are most of where people are. And this is what balance should be placed around. MATs are coordinated via comms. Having a team of people telling you over the voice chat is totally different than a solo q scrapper.

Further more. This shows that there are builds with enough bursts that can kill a scrapper in seconds. Regardless of rank. The reference for plat1 is that these players know what skills they are using. N yet they can be 1 shotted. It doesn't matter if you are legendary. If the other class can 1 shot u thru before u can do anything. U r dead. Can't press buttons when dead.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

I'm watching the last eu MaT VoD right now and .. in the semi-finals I'm looking at K I D A playing a rifle Scrapper build getting his fudge pushed in by Revenants and Strength Spellbreaker (better players as well) pretty much start to finish. From 1:53:30 to 1:53:44, Boyce kills a Scrapper after swapping into a 1v1 in
14 seconds

And? Boyce's team still got knocked out by K I D A's team. They
lost
. It's like back when everyone was whining about Mirage and rev was starting to win MATs again and complaining that this particular Rev trying to 1v1 the condi mirage proves revs aren't good.

So there's a missing link in your claim, and that is, how does a Scrapper getting countered and unable to matter, contribute to winning?Serious question. Because I can see the correlation but not the causation?Does this mean we should all try Scrapper because it passively makes you win more?

@Ralkuth.1456 said:

14 seconds

And? Boyce's team still got knocked out by K I D A's team. They
lost
. It's like back when everyone was whining about Mirage and rev was starting to win MATs again and complaining that this particular Rev trying to 1v1 the condi mirage proves revs aren't good.

So there's a missing link in your claim, and that is, how does a Scrapper getting countered and unable to matter, contribute to winning?Serious question. Because I can see the correlation but not the causation?Does this mean we should all try Scrapper because it passively makes you win more?

Everyone says "just rotate away from the bunker you can't 1v1 just go elsewhere and pick better match ups!" also applies to the scrapper and the one or two builds that can reliably 1v1 them.

K I D A didnt just run into boyce and get farmed all game and generally tried to avoid taking 1v1s with him, and boyce can't just do nothing but hunt down and try to spawn camp the scrapper all game.

@"kittyfur.6459" said:Yeah it's clear it's too strong. Scrapper was able to easily hold a point being challenged by 2 enemy players, by itself, no problem. I've seen it many times now and i just returned to this game after 6 months off. I highly doubt all scrappers are magically "better" in skill than all other classes. it's simply OP. It's weird how GW can't seem to just correctly balance the game and leave it alone. They just OP one class, then OP another. Ticking off all the players who are both OP ( bc they dont want to lose it) and underpowered (who are sick of getting crushed). Is this really that much of rocket science? This constant balancing act is starting to reek of incompetence if you ask me. Get it RIGHT, once and for all. That's what the players want.

Ah yes. A tank that is good at being a tank shouldn't be good at tanking any more. So it can go back to non-existence again.

What?

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"kittyfur.6459" said:Yeah it's clear it's too strong. Scrapper was able to easily hold a point being challenged by 2 enemy players, by itself, no problem. I've seen it many times now and i just returned to this game after 6 months off. I highly doubt all scrappers are magically "better" in skill than all other classes. it's simply OP. It's weird how GW can't seem to just correctly balance the game and leave it alone. They just OP one class, then OP another. Ticking off all the players who are both OP ( bc they dont want to lose it) and underpowered (who are sick of getting crushed). Is this really that much of rocket science? This constant balancing act is starting to reek of incompetence if you ask me. Get it RIGHT, once and for all. That's what the players want.

Ah yes. A tank that is good at being a tank shouldn't be good at tanking any more. So it can go back to non-existence again.

What?

What's so confusing? Many people don't like it when builds can hold vs 2, or hold forever vs 1 player because it is boring.

@TorQ.7041 said:

Cos mATs are different.If both teams in mAT final use scrapper then it's probably pretty damn good, you can't just dismiss it. Do you have an argument why, specifically, scrapper would be worse in a coordinated setting with voice comms.Plat 1 and gold 3 are most of where people are. And this is what balance should be placed around.Fundamentally disagree on that. You can take lower rankings into consideration, but balance around higher-levels. In the same way, the majority of players are in PvE but I still think PvP balance is more important than PvE, because it is harder to get right and a lack of it negatively affects players more. I've reached plat 1 with core mes, it really means nothing.

Further more. This shows that there are builds with enough bursts that can kill a scrapper in seconds. Regardless of rank.There are builds that can kill heavy golems in seconds, that's all you are saying. (if you are talking about power slb I would like to add that I personally think it is overtuned).The reference for plat1 is that these players know what skills they are using. N yet they can be 1 shotted. It doesn't matter if you are legendary. If the other class can 1 shot u thru before u can do anything. U r dead. Can't press buttons when dead.