new pc built, just for gw2 pvp

Goku.5480

im building a new pc just to play this game and the only game mode im interested in is pvp

mobo-rog maximus xi apexdram-32 gb ddr4-4800mhz trident z royalcpu-9900kgpu-2080ti sligw2 files will b n a 970 Pro M.2 NVMe ssd

is gw2 pvp worth it for a new pc built

@Goku.5480 said:im building a new pc just to play this game and the only game mode im interested in is pvp

mobo-rog maximus xi apexdram-32 gb ddr4-4800mhz trident z royalcpu-9900kgpu-2080ti sligw2 files will b n a 970 Pro M.2 NVMe ssd

That's dedication.

@Goku.5480 said:is gw2 pvp worth it for a new pc built

Bit late to be asking that now, isn't it? I hope for your sake it was. If nothing else with a rig like that you'll be able to enjoy a plethora of other games.

Between the recent DX9 to DX12 emulator and an nVidia card you can use for Reshade style GFX mods, you should be able to run with all the bells and whistles and still get amazing performance.

I kinda did the same thing... Used to play it in laptop... But thought a PC with a dedicated gpu would get awesome graphics... But alas, the graphics was the same... It uses the GPU less and the processor for almost everything... But I did notice the graphics improved in fractals... And I'm so eager to try my hands on raids... If anet either improves graphics or releases gw3, I'll be happy to get the most out of my PC ... Hot maps really did give me a nice experience after switching to PC.... POF not so much :pGlint lair , crystal area are cool in POF...

One more thing, make sure to get a qhd or 4k monitor to go along with it... U'll love it

If you're just gonna PVP, u're wasting the potential of the hardware... U can PVP with low spec hardware but make sure the internet connection is stable else u'll regret it

@Goku.5480 said:im building a new pc just to play this game and the only game mode im interested in is pvp

is gw2 pvp worth it for a new pc built

You pretty much got your answer, which is ofc, no, it's not worth it for 'just gw2.'

But, it will be great for gaming and anything else you want to throw at it.

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:I kinda did the same thing... Used to play it in laptop... But thought a PC with a dedicated gpu would get awesome graphics... But alas, the graphics was the same... It uses the GPU less and the processor for almost everything... But I did notice the graphics improved in fractals... And I'm so eager to try my hands on raids... If anet either improves graphics or releases gw3, I'll be happy to get the most out of my PC ... Hot maps really did give me a nice experience after switching to PC.... POF not so much :pGlint lair , crystal area are cool in POF...

One more thing, make sure to get a qhd or 4k monitor to go along with it... U'll love it

Laptop gaming./shun

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:Laptop gaming./shun

Yeah... If he's just gonna PVP, he doesn't need a PC... Laptop is more than enough for him... He didn't wish to enjoy the graphics, effects and animation with smooth fps

Sorry to derail the thread,

Semantics really. What does someone mean when they say 'need'?It really comes down to what they want and/or prefer.

I get it, sure, a laptop will run it and run it well.Of course, I was just messing with you for laptop gaming.I'd never willingly play any game on a laptop.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"Goku.5480" said:dram-32 gb ddr4-4800mhz trident z royalNormally I would nerd out on PC build part recommendations, but anyone that has
on a parts list is clearly trolling or insane.

Maybe he wishes to run gw2, AC Odyssey, anthem and fallout all at the same time that's why 32gb 4600mhz ram :p

He might be filthy rich... And was figuring out a way to spew money ;)

@Goku.5480 said:is gw2 pvp worth it for a new pc built

lmao no. The best part is that no matter how over-tuned your PC may be, it will never fully utilize any of its hardware because GW2 is optimized like a wet sock. In the long run, your high-end rig will probably perform no better than my 6-year old set up (especially if you intend for its purpose to be principally pvp-centric).