Unable to purchase gems [Merged] - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Unable to purchase gems [Merged]

124

Comments

  • Ya I want to spend 100 bucks to get mounts today. But no dice.

  • Trykie.4753Trykie.4753 Member ✭✭

    Having same problem this issue should be fixed. specially ur doing 1 day sale this month. Recived a reply that issue is being checked but for example for me bag slot sale alrdy ended so now i have to pay 120gems more to get the bag slot.

  • Mavein.3214Mavein.3214 Member ✭✭

    so if they dont answer my ticket before the sale is over do they honor the price?

  • I am unable to buy gems. I submitted a ticket (7270154: Unable to Buy Gems), but I am worried that support will not be able to address the issue before the sale on character slots ends.

  • Mavein.3214Mavein.3214 Member ✭✭

    Do they not work on weekends....going on 2 days now....sale ends in 1.5 hours

  • I am having this issue as well. I contacted support and they say they are looking into it. So lets see what they say

  • misterman.1530misterman.1530 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lord Azazel.8703 said:
    I am having this issue as well. I contacted support and they say they are looking into it. So lets see what they say

    Yeah, I started a new thread - didn't see this one. I opened a ticket as well.

  • Same problem Contacted support Still waiting.

  • tryed two different cards on my account and the error msg occurs i even phoned my bank to see if was some how getting blocked and they said the purchases you tryed to make are not even showing up on your account to begin with

  • Slothy.8176Slothy.8176 Member ✭✭

    Yeah I'm having the same problems T.T I used 2 cards even paypal an would keep giving me error again. Last week it work but this time around keep doing it to me again. All I want is to get me my Noble's Folly pass before it leave in like 30 mins. I put a ticket but I'm not even sure that going help me in time.

  • I'm unable to buy gems and therefore not able to get the share inventory slots on sale today...

  • Kron.6938Kron.6938 Member ✭✭

    I also opened a ticket, I guess this is a good way to have them work on the issue or not get income.

  • Kron.6938Kron.6938 Member ✭✭

    @headraver.4862 said:
    tryed two different cards on my account and the error msg occurs i even phoned my bank to see if was some how getting blocked and they said the purchases you tryed to make are not even showing up on your account to begin with

    Yeah, its like the API to Digital River is down, doesn't even submit it but comes back with an error, "Unfortunately an error has occurred, please try again later."

  • Crise.9401Crise.9401 Member ✭✭

    The problem with 1 day sales, I think they are 1 day anyways, is that by the time someone figures out the issue and/or gets to the ticket the reason for me to buy gems at all will be gone with the sale.

  • Nash.2681Nash.2681 Member ✭✭✭

    Already mentioned it in another thread on this topic (which oddly didn't get merged into this) in january- it is totally beyond me how a company that actually wants to earn money just keeps ignoring this problem.
    Since last summer people repeatetly complain about being willing yet being unable to purchase gems due to this error. And still Arena.Net seems to insist on people opening support tickets?! I mean, it's THEM wanting our money, so THEY should be the ones digging into the problem and fixing it in general and not expect us to ask them to help us giving them our money.
    I for one will certainly not go down on my knees and begging them to take my money, either they
    a) just fix it and give us a notification that everything works as intended again or
    b) at least start a support topic here where we can just drop our affected accounts and they keep doing their individual fixes (which smell like fishy workarounds to me, but no accusation w/o proof)

    I will certainly NOT open a ticket for it (I experienced first hand how "great" this works when my wife had some other payment issues a while back, long before this error occured. I certainly won't go through that bunch of false accusations, constant lack of understanding technical payment processes, ignoring statements of professional bank managers etc. again).
    I can only strengthen everyone affected in doing the same- vote with your wallet. Let them know here you're affected, but don't take the CS route. We might miss out on some great sales and other shiny/convinience stuff, but after all it's just a video game.

    XMG U716
    i7-6700 (Desktop version)
    16GB RAM
    Geforce 980m

  • Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭

    I had this issue after moving countries, it fixed once I correctly updated my location. I know this probably isn't the issue for most people here but it may help someone :D

  • Jojo.6140Jojo.6140 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2019

    Wanted to buy some gems in order to pick up some of the storage expanders that are currently on sale, but now im getting said error message. Oh well, i guess they dont want to earn money.

    As a sidenote, is there seriously no way to buy gems in the normal browser via the account.arena.net page? This seems to be like one of the most basic things to have, especially since the ingame-tp is so laggy lately.

  • Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭

    You can buy digital card gems online from official retailers.

  • having same issue now :<

  • Well there is a surprise, I come back to the game, try to buy gems to move servers and Anet has a broken payment system, that seems to have been going on for over 6 months, and there answer, instead of fixing the issue, is for everyone suffering with the problem to submit a support ticket, I was trying to buy 16k gems, $200 and I cant, and I refuse to submit a support ticket to get a fix that Anet should be fixing double time, as they are losing money from I am sure alot more people then myself over this error.
    Anet if you want mine and other peoples money, i would suggest you figure this out quick and get a fix in place. Probably changing from Digital River would be a good start.

  • @B O N K.6210 said:
    Well there is a surprise, I come back to the game, try to buy gems to move servers and Anet has a broken payment system, that seems to have been going on for over 6 months, and there answer, instead of fixing the issue, is for everyone suffering with the problem to submit a support ticket, I was trying to buy 16k gems, $200 and I cant, and I refuse to submit a support ticket to get a fix that Anet should be fixing double time, as they are losing money from I am sure alot more people then myself over this error.
    Anet if you want mine and other peoples money, i would suggest you figure this out quick and get a fix in place. Probably changing from Digital River would be a good start.

    The reason why we ask players to submit a ticket in these cases is that troubleshooting this kind of issue oftentimes requires sharing personal information, that we will not allow anybody to do on the forums for security reasons. Payment systems are also complex and we also don't want a back and forth on the forums, but an agent from the Customer Support team will help you if you do chose to contact them at help.guildwars2.com

    Just in case you haven't checked them yet, there's a few Knowledge Base articles that could be helpful to you:
    https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115016021188-Problems-When-Purchasing-Gems
    https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230515368-Managing-Payment-Information


    Stéphane Lo Presti
    Content Marketing Manager

  • @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:

    @B O N K.6210 said:
    Well there is a surprise, I come back to the game, try to buy gems to move servers and Anet has a broken payment system, that seems to have been going on for over 6 months, and there answer, instead of fixing the issue, is for everyone suffering with the problem to submit a support ticket, I was trying to buy 16k gems, $200 and I cant, and I refuse to submit a support ticket to get a fix that Anet should be fixing double time, as they are losing money from I am sure alot more people then myself over this error.
    Anet if you want mine and other peoples money, i would suggest you figure this out quick and get a fix in place. Probably changing from Digital River would be a good start.

    The reason why we ask players to submit a ticket in these cases is that troubleshooting this kind of issue oftentimes requires sharing personal information, that we will not allow anybody to do on the forums for security reasons. Payment systems are also complex and we also don't want a back and forth on the forums, but an agent from the Customer Support team will help you if you do chose to contact them at help.guildwars2.com

    Just in case you haven't checked them yet, there's a few Knowledge Base articles that could be helpful to you:
    https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115016021188-Problems-When-Purchasing-Gems
    https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230515368-Managing-Payment-Information

    Not to come across like a troll, but any other gaming company would have had this issue fixed and dealt with a hell of alot faster, its not good business practise to have something like that is costing you money, again its been over 6 months, I would love to see how much money has been lost because of it,

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Not everyone has issue; out of the hundreds of thousands/millions of players, only a few have issue with purchasing Gems. The last time someone posted about a problem was 2 weeks ago. I'm sure many, many purchased Gems for the Hummingbird.
    Perhaps, the problem is with individual cases, rather than systemic.

    Good luck.

  • CheesecakeChiari.7154CheesecakeChiari.7154 Member ✭✭
    edited April 21, 2019

    Just throwing in here that I'm having the same issue. It won't pull up the PayPal login, and trying to use CC gives an error. I don't know if my GameStop has any gemcards, let alone go out of my way to pick some up. :/ Can't even buy codes on Amazon to try to get around this.

    Sending in a Support ticket, but, man, guys.

    Edit: Husband having the same issue on his computer, lol.

  • Having the same problem today. With the added fun of wanting to buy the time limited War Eternal Supplies, which gets more expensive in a few days. I've submitted a ticket, I hope they get back to me soon.

  • @Saria.1460 said:
    Having the same problem today. With the added fun of wanting to buy the time limited War Eternal Supplies, which gets more expensive in a few days. I've submitted a ticket, I hope they get back to me soon.

    They got back to me in <24 hours with a ticket submitted on Easter, so hopefully they'll get to you pretty quick!

  • @CheesecakeChiari.7154 said:
    They got back to me in <24 hours with a ticket submitted on Easter, so hopefully they'll get to you pretty quick!

    Do you mind if I ask you what was the CS solution or what they told you? I tried buying gems for the War Eternal Supplies item and got "Unfortunately an error has ocurred. Please try again later!" message for half a second, sent a ticket and support got back to me in less than 24 hours but they said there wasn't any issue and told me to try again, and sadly I'm still unable to buy gems even though other people in my household using the same cc on the same pc have been able to on their respective accounts.

  • Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭

    My daughter had this too; they got back to her the same day and the next day she could buy gems. They did NOT say what the problem was. I'm guessing (just a guess) that it was because she visited me during SAB but lives in Texas. So it may have looked like her account was compromised.

  • I can't buy gems either. Instead of going to the checkout page I get redirected to the purchase page again.

  • Same, just raised a ticket.

  • For several days now I've tried to buy gems (with real $) and both credit card and paypal are rejected with a very generic error message (that is hard to read because it disappears too quickly).
    Is anyone else experiencing the problem?

  • Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭

    It's a common occurrence, just put in a ticket, they handle it within a few hours.

  • so i got the deluxe upgrade after playing to lvl 70 i got everything except the gems is this normal to take a few days and on the black lion trading it keeps saying requires verification unlocked in 4 days for the last week

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Gems are included with an Ultimate Edition purchase. No Gems in the Deluxe package.
    Ultimate Gems take ~72 hours to arrive. Verification email should arrive; have you checked your spam and junk folders?

    To access the Black Lion Trading Post: Five days

    The trading post limits (ability to buy or sell certain items) is removed 5 days after purchasing an expansion.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account#Limitations

    If you continue to have issue, you can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

    Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

  • Yeah sorry was the Ultimate. i just checked and it is only 3 days now thanks you for replying

  • @Peyoux.9125 said:

    @CheesecakeChiari.7154 said:
    They got back to me in <24 hours with a ticket submitted on Easter, so hopefully they'll get to you pretty quick!

    Do you mind if I ask you what was the CS solution or what they told you? I tried buying gems for the War Eternal Supplies item and got "Unfortunately an error has ocurred. Please try again later!" message for half a second, sent a ticket and support got back to me in less than 24 hours but they said there wasn't any issue and told me to try again, and sadly I'm still unable to buy gems even though other people in my household using the same cc on the same pc have been able to on their respective accounts.

    They didn't tell me the problem/solution. Just that they fixed it; same for my husband's account. I know I'm days late on this, but I do hope you got it figured out!

  • Same issue here, I already opened a ticket they told me that something was fixed, what exactly was the issue for god sake??
    How about you start communicating with us and tell us exactly what the issue is and how you are sorry and working on it at least? No?

    I waited few days and now I tried to actually purchase the gems, same exact error...

    Opened another ticket.

    I tried using Paypal and credit cart, same issue.
    It's definitely not my bank or Paypal blocking the transaction. They are using a very buggy payment service it seems.

    Well, I wanted to show gratitude by buying some gems and now I'm just frustrated.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The CS Team isn't the one that blocks purchase. It is the payment provider, Digital River. If DR does not share their reasoning, you can't expect the CS Team to make up a reason to tell you.
    DR handles millions and millions of transactions; we are probably lucky it gets fixed so rapidly.

  • @Astronaute.6743 said:

    Well, I wanted to show gratitude by buying some gems and now I'm just frustrated.

    We're sorry you're having troubles! Looking at your support ticket, it seems that the issue was fixed fairly quickly.

    I want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that we have a long Knowledge Base article that gives you some general information about payment issues: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115016021188-Problems-When-Purchasing-Gems


    Stéphane Lo Presti
    Content Marketing Manager

  • I Can not buy any gems when i try to order with my Credit Card i get a brief message that just flashes that there was some kind of Error. When i try and use Paypal i get a message saying sorry this offer is no longer available. So i don't know what is going on.

    Just take my money :astonished:

  • Skiravor.1257Skiravor.1257 Member ✭✭

    Same as the guy above. My bank is not even receiving the traffic from Digital River.

  • Tora.7214Tora.7214 Member ✭✭
    edited May 16, 2019

    i have bought gems in the past no problem, but recently i been unable to even see the Buy Gems tab, each time i try i get an error that says "Unfortunally an error has occurred. Please try again later!". i try redeeming a 2k gems code i bought but the Select Language tab doesnt show any language and the Redeem button stays grayed out
    I had a hunch and tried loging in with a VPN and aparently my suspictions were right, Venezuela seems to have been removed from the list of billing countries and banned from making gem purchases. if i select another country trough a VPN i do get payment options but im not sure if buying this way will get me banned. and if i try to redeem the code with a vpn im able to select language but after hitting Redeem i get an error message saying that something is wrong with the code (but it isnt i bought it from amazon )

    I´ve sent a ticket to see if i can have some dev help, its not my fault i live in this piece of work country, its enought with the quality of life we have to go trough daily but why it must also affect me on my favorite game?

  • Throwing my hat in here, same issues as everyone else in this post for the last 5 months, Paypal and credit card both get Unfortunately an error has occured, just put a support ticket in. Here's to hoping it gets fixed fast because the items that I want leave the shop, or I'll have to spend this $100 elsewhere.

  • Tix.7618Tix.7618 Member
    edited May 16, 2019

    Also came back to the game to play through PoF and LS4 but cannot buy gems to get the things - confirmed bank isn't getting hit at all. Submitted a ticket this morning but have not heard back yet.

  • 17 hours later, still no response to my ticket. Everyone who got responses in a few hours are super lucky. :(

  • Tora.7214Tora.7214 Member ✭✭

    @Crash Kid Kona.4560 said:
    17 hours later, still no response to my ticket. Everyone who got responses in a few hours are super lucky. :(

    same here :/ allready a day and no answer to my ticket :c

  • @Tora.7214 said:

    @Crash Kid Kona.4560 said:
    17 hours later, still no response to my ticket. Everyone who got responses in a few hours are super lucky. :(

    same here :/ allready a day and no answer to my ticket :c

    Same boat here :anguished: , had the same issue 5 months ago and got it fixed by CS, sad to see its back and not as prompt of a response this time

  • @artley.5267 said:
    I Can not buy any gems when i try to order with my Credit Card i get a brief message that just flashes that there was some kind of Error. When i try and use Paypal i get a message saying sorry this offer is no longer available. So i don't know what is going on.

    Just take my money :astonished:

    Working now after sending a ticket in on the 16/5. 2 days later.
    Thank you

  • CrushEm.4708CrushEm.4708 Member ✭✭

    Alt account here, unable to buy gems. My main account can buy them just fine using the same billing method, so this is clearly an account-related problem Anet needs to fix.

  • Tora.7214Tora.7214 Member ✭✭
    edited May 18, 2019

    got a reply yesterday asking me to provide screenshots of the errors i was getting, i did, now im still waiting for a new responce, i hope this is fixed soon, i was planing to use some of those gems to exchange to gold to help me with the skyscale collection and a new armor set for my elementalist

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.