Release us from the Djinn

Falan.1839

Unstick that map from the Unranked Selection please. People tend to play unranked during offseason since the matchquality is largely the same with far lower queuetime (at least I do) and that map is just way to meh to have Achievementhunters force you on it for months.

@Falan.1839 said:Unstick that map from the Unranked Selection please. People tend to play unranked during offseason since the matchquality is largely the same with far lower queuetime (at least I do) and that map is just way to meh to have Achievementhunters force you on it for months.

They might be just waiting for more results/feedbacks now that more people play it when Season has ended.

Other than that, ye.

Djinn is the only map in GW2 that was made by someone with a brain enough to tailor a PvP map to fit GW2's basic WASD options. Every other map is obnoxiously wide, flatter than Kansas, and/or oblong in the worst possible way. It is the only GW2 PvP map which allows players to minimally rely on scripted gimmicks like teleports and movement skills while still consistently juking people and optimally moving from one side of the map to the other.

• Speed Runes and swiftness alone can make any spec into a top tier roamer on that map without relying on class-locked movement crutches of things like Warrior Greatsword, Mesmer teleports or Shortbow 5 spam.
  • The terrain is broken up in ways which offer side routes and sightline blockage to degrees unseen in any other rotation map. The only thing that even comes close would be Kyhlo.
  • Nobody necessarily has to expose themselves to anything while crossing from one side of the map to the other. Even sneaking all the way around by the spawn area from near to far is not a huge burden due to the overall map size.
  • Only map aside from Niflhel (and maybe Foefire) that really caters to an opening rollout option which isn't just "1 home; 4 mid."
  • Map-based gimmick mechanic often goes entirely ignored so the whole match is just a brawl over point control.
  • Fights between points are still important because they always take place closely enough to the capture nodes proper that their outcomes almost always matter.

Giant Meteor: Unblockable, undodgeable insta-down skill. Huge tell. 900-radius AoE.

Waxing Doom: Places an effect that causes 33% increased damage to a target. The effect stays on the player throughout the game, able to build 3 stacks (99% increased incoming damage). Unblockable.

Disenchantment Field: Removes all boons from a 600-radius AoE every pulse. Only removes comditions from allies. Has a 1/2 second interval per pulse, lasts 15 seconds.

@Abelisk.4527 said:Giant Meteor: Unblockable, undodgeable insta-down skill. Huge tell. 900-radius AoE.

Waxing Doom: Places an effect that causes 33% increased damage to a target. The effect stays on the player throughout the game, able to build 3 stacks (99% increased incoming damage). Unblockable.

Disenchantment Field: Removes all boons from a 600-radius AoE every pulse. Only removes comditions from allies. Has a 1/2 second interval per pulse, lasts 15 seconds.

Please don't ruin this map.

@Abelisk.4527 said:Giant Meteor: Unblockable, undodgeable insta-down skill. Huge tell. 900-radius AoE.

Also worth noting that meteor goes through rev glint heal. Don't know if it's intended or not but it's important.

@Ario.8964 said:

Also worth noting that meteor goes through rev glint heal. Don't know if it's intended or not but it's important.

If it's insta down then it make sense it goes through glint heal since it's not damage to be converted to healing... I haven't tested this but I don't think you can glint heal Skyhammer either.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

If it's insta down then it make sense it goes through glint heal since it's not damage to be converted to healing... I haven't tested this but I don't think you can glint heal Skyhammer either.

The skill itself isn't technically an insta down, it just does a metric fuck ton of damage which generally takes people down instantly (It showed up as like 15k-20k worth of damage in my combat log iirc). Theoretically, it should be able to be healed via glint which is why it struck me as odd (only thing I've seen in all my time in pvp that went through the heal). Skyhammer is glint heal-able last time I checked but I may just be straight up wrong about that.

• 2 months later...

Most people use to choose it, so probably like it and that is what is bothering U.

But if people like it, why should be removed?

Not my favorite map but but when it appears on the selection used Tu have 40%votes at least, so some people seems to like it and that's why I think it shouldn't be removed.

@ApaWanka.2698 said:Most people use to choose it, so probably like it and that is what is bothering U.

But if people like it, why should be removed?

Not my favorite map but but when it appears on the selection used Tu have 40%votes at least, so some people seems to like it and that's why I think it shouldn't be removed.

People choose it to farm the new achievements, not ebcause it's fun. Achie hunters are runing offseason for others.