Pet merged skills is incomplete as per theme and promise

Crystal Paladin.3871

If ranger pet mechanic is really considered unique by anet, and ranger really gets the spirit of the pets after merging, anet should really consider the folowing so the gameplay would have some variety and core pets would be loved among rangerssince beast merging is the one and only selling pitch for rangers in POF release, it should be complete and not just a false sales pitch

Jaguar f2 stalking should be available after merging - 6secs stealth and +25% crit chance + 25% crit damagecheetah f2 savannah strike - shadow step ability after mergingMighty Roar - stalker - grant might - this isn't so unique but match the themeRending pounce- lynx-2x strikes - cool-increase dmg modifiers and rending pounce :pBlinding Roar - sand lion - this is a must... ranger doesn't have any blinding skills(go for the eyes is not worth it since it has 12 sec ICD and works only on a single target and pet f2 is sos unreliable and often misses the mark and only 240 radius easily missed and unreliable and trait and activating the f2 just to get it missed/wasted) except druid... we need thisIcy Pounce - snow leopard - this is a must since snow leopard is one of the spirits of the wild and to honor it, we must have it as a merged skill ;)Furious pounce - could help allies muchFang grapple - like a ninja grapples an opponent - i want thisssssss - pull and Whirl defence ... right now path of scars is so hard to land coz players move often and even so, it doesn't pull them close to us it leaves them far away so its less worth and its only a cc and not reliable similar to LB3 not reliable its mostly hit/missConsuming bite would be nice to have merged skill since it opens up options for a condi Soulbeast to be viable as meta and in raids/fractals coz other classes can dish out condi and SB can synergistically work with other class condi and inflict major damage to the raid/fractal bossPoisonous Cloud - devourerChilling howl - alpine wolfTerrifying howl - wolfDazing screetch - moa - must to havelightning assault - electric wyvern- this is mustttttt to have

At first, I thought they would take the pet's special skills and it didn't happen. It's the reason why post HoT pets are more used, because their skills are unique.

Have you guys tried all pets skills in BMode ? 75% of them are trash. Devourer evading back leap has this bug with the camera that tilts to the right, which is still not fixed. Why is Cat BMode Bite a single target, has lesser range in comparison to 3 target Kick from Rock Gazelle ? Why is Poison Gas on such a long cooldown (20 secs) in comparison to Choking Gas ((Which is a really busted up skill) Thief) or Poison Gas Shell (Engi) ? Why Poison Gas needs a target, instead to just make it an AoE field targeting ?

Those that say they are ok clearly didn't try to look other pets than the meta ones. They never retouched or fixed them, only nerfed some, that's it. Beastmode is unrefined and I feel it's a band aid to the Ranger pet mechanic problem. I don't think they will ever retouch it, the pets and beastmode, it would requires too much work from the base.

@Chrury.4627 said:So... you want the Pets' F2 skills available when you merge? Or as an effect when you merge? Sounds like just another reason to camp Beastmode to me.

I just want the unique skills available in beastmode so ranger would be flexible and more build variants available diff playstyle... If u fear ppl would camp beast mode, those skills could have longer cooldowns so ppl would use the skills and unmerge and use the pet companion or swap for another pet to adapt to situation

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

@Chrury.4627 said:So... you want the Pets' F2 skills available when you merge? Or as an effect when you merge? Sounds like just another reason to camp Beastmode to me.

I just want the unique skills available in beastmode so ranger would be flexible and more build variants available diff playstyle... If u fear ppl would camp beast mode, those skills could have longer cooldowns so ppl would use the skills and unmerge and use the pet companion or swap for another pet to adapt to situation

I think it would be more elegant with another solution.Merging in and out is what makes soulbeast actually fun. Giving tgem more reason to stay in beastmode is actually a bad idea IMO.They rather buff the F2 skills to be better.A very good example if why this is good is seen on smokescale. It has a very strong F2 for competitive play and very nice skills in beastmode.Canines have nice skills in beastmode but lack good F2 skills. Felines have bad beastmode skills except for condis and lack good F2 skills.I could go on with this.F2 skills should be a reason to swap out.

This is also why i am still an advocate for replace petswap with beadtmode but yeah thats offtopic.

First and foremost we need better core pets. Its the shacky foundation soulbeast builds on and druids rely on.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

I think it would be more elegant with another solution.Merging in and out is what makes soulbeast actually fun. Giving tgem more reason to stay in beastmode is actually a bad idea IMO.They rather buff the F2 skills to be better.A very good example if why this is good is seen on smokescale. It has a very strong F2 for competitive play and very nice skills in beastmode.Canines have nice skills in beastmode but lack good F2 skills. Felines have bad beastmode skills except for condis and lack good F2 skills.I could go on with this.F2 skills should be a reason to swap out.

This is also why i am still an advocate for replace petswap with beadtmode but yeah thats offtopic.

First and foremost we need better core pets. Its the shacky foundation soulbeast builds on and druids rely on.

I agree with InsaneQR here. Pet's skills should be unique and should not be available in beastmode.I would love the soulbeast to have pet swap in beastmode but not because i think soulbeast need to camp merged, but because right now the swap pet is a clunky mess and soulbeast do not need that weakness or negative motivation to swap to make it fun

F2 should be reworked in all the pets (core and what not) to actually bring utility to them, we don't need another spammy skill (looking at you eagly and hawk) which jus increases our bleeds for moar dps.

I exposed some ideas in one of the threads to rework the ranger but there are many more in the forums:

• Canines to cast combo fields with the F2 and smokescale to join them.
  • Felines to have the stealth effect with additional effects in the attacks depending ont he pets.
  • Moas to cast a protective dome
  • etc....

Merging with pet should be camped for Soulbeast. That's basically the whole premise behind it, two become one. You merge with the soul of your pet and gain abilities from it. It's stupid to merge only for a few seconds then unmerge only to have to wait and merge again. I hate hopping back and forth between the two.

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

@"Chrury.4627" said:So... you want the Pets' F2 skills available when you merge? Or as an effect when you merge? Sounds like just another reason to camp Beastmode to me.

I'm actually thinking this should be a strong mechanic of Soulbeast in that all those skills are ammo based but require an action to "replenish" that is only accomplished outside of the merge. The act of merging and separating should be restrictive while the effects obtained somewhat substantial.

But a huge problem with GW2 in general is everything (from the boons to the elite skills) are watered down to such a degree that even innocuous abilities like half-controlled pet skills have to be near-useless, only useful when stacked with a plethora of other skills, traits and boons, which ultimately contribute to the spam nature of the game.

Basically what I'm saying is, the game is spam-natured and thus has to be considered with concepts like the OP's.