Would you like to remove Mounts from WvW?

Menyus.4610

whether we don't want mounts or not in wvw; in the end, Anet still will do what they want in their own interests. Not for our best interest.

We wanted Anet to address and to resolve the root cause of wvw problems; they chose to once again avoid them by adding mounts.

That says it all

(while toxicity- unhealthy environment and negative experiences continues......)

georgewashington1-2x.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:I'm a thief main and I like the mount.

Firstly, when playing deadeye it takes a lot of pressure off of me when I've been marked by a sentry etc, as a 30s duration on marked for a stealth based spec is basically a death sentence if any other players are around. Mounts offset this somewhat by making marked not so much of a hard counter; I cap sentries while mounted and marked. It means I have to disengage and wait out the debuff if someone comes along, but it means I'm not a free kill due to a mechanic I can't do anything about either.

Secondly, mounting up is also a lot faster than travelling in stealth between areas, which is way more convenient and it saves dodges and cooldowns for actual fights. Since you can now see me moving between areas, this means that if you have scouts you'll get fair warning I'm in the area before I try to kill something. It also gives those roamers that can dismount players easily (like soulbeasts and revenants) a fair crack at killing me as I travel. So while it's an advantage to me, it can also work to the advantage of the other team too.

Thirdly, it makes for much more entertaining roaming. I still have the stealth opener, which if I'm careful and play well will likely result in a down. Regardless of whether I get the stomp or not, I've likely blown most of my stealth utilities and my shadowstep doing so, which means if I've been pressured at all while trying to stomp my best option is then to get OOC. Before mounts, if I went OOC just before I left stealth I'd regain the ability to stealth before you caught up to me. Now that stealth duration is lower on dodge, I'm forced to mount up after going OOC to wait for cooldowns, but your mounts move faster (I'm almost always in enemy territory) and you can now see where I am, giving you an advantage you didn't have before. I've been caught by a couple of players because of this, and while I lost I had fun doing it, so it was OK to me.

Fourthly, it ends all arguments about ganking being unfair because it removes any excuse for being killed while travelling. Now if I manage to dismount and kill you, I deserved the kill.

Well tbh thief roaming "died" when they added reveal on mark, why would u roam with a thief if with thief taking a t1+ camp takes like 2-4 minutes, on war it is like 1 minute

It's much faster taking camps if you make use of the pierce from spotter's shot to damage everything between you and your mark. Also using daggerstorm with assassin's signet popped will deal a surprising amount of damage in camps, I've seen that kill veteran scouts by itself.

Firstly, when playing deadeye it takes a lot of pressure off of me when I've been marked by a sentry etc, as a 30s duration on marked for a stealth based spec is basically a death sentence if any other players are around. Mounts offset this somewhat by making marked not so much of a hard counter; I cap sentries while mounted and marked. It means I have to disengage and wait out the debuff if someone comes along, but it means I'm not a free kill due to a mechanic I can't do anything about either.

Secondly, mounting up is also a lot faster than travelling in stealth between areas, which is way more convenient and it saves dodges and cooldowns for actual fights. Since you can now see me moving between areas, this means that if you have scouts you'll get fair warning I'm in the area before I try to kill something. It also gives those roamers that can dismount players easily (like soulbeasts and revenants) a fair crack at killing me as I travel. So while it's an advantage to me, it can also work to the advantage of the other team too.

Thirdly, it makes for much more entertaining roaming. I still have the stealth opener, which if I'm careful and play well will likely result in a down. Regardless of whether I get the stomp or not, I've likely blown most of my stealth utilities and my shadowstep doing so, which means if I've been pressured at all while trying to stomp my best option is then to get OOC. Before mounts, if I went OOC just before I left stealth I'd regain the ability to stealth before you caught up to me. Now that stealth duration is lower on dodge, I'm forced to mount up after going OOC to wait for cooldowns, but your mounts move faster (I'm almost always in enemy territory) and you can now see where I am, giving you an advantage you didn't have before. I've been caught by a couple of players because of this, and while I lost I had fun doing it, so it was OK to me.

Wow, an actual thief roamer response, not a ganker. Thank you.

We will hash over your confusion with the use of verbs and nouns in reference to "gankers" for now but I truly am curious why he's not a "ganker" when he's doing exactly what everyone labels as such.He's in enemy territory, stealthed and killing people.

I genuinely am curious what seperates him from the rest?Or is it just ran off assumptions that "gankers" do nothing but kill players?Even then, its open world PvP so nothing wrong with that either.

This is kinda what I mean when I call ganking vs roaming a semantics thing, the difference is basically whether the person views the activity favourably or not. I'll cap camps and kill dolyaks to cut supply lines, call enemy group movements in map chat when I see them, and if I can sneak into an open enemy tower then cap it myself I will. But if I get caught, I'll hide in the tower and kill as many people as I can before they force me out or kill me, and I'll happily one shot people on catas and trebs just to punish their group for not paying attention.

My current favourite game is to permastealth behind the enemy zerg, killing backliners where I get the chance but mostly to wait for downs, mount up, stomp, then stealth up again.

That is exactly the difference between Roaming/Havoc and Gankers to my mind. The kills have a purpose toward
objectives
either by taking them directly or helping a tag with the effort. And I got no problem with that. Killing people just trying to get a daily done, or running to catch up with a tag that's not even in a battle yet (no OJs) that just implies he just joined the map, not so cool. Now, if there is OJs, you can make the call that guy died in the battle and is running back. That's a bit more grey area.

Then I usually attack them, if they turn back and fight, great, if not, I let them go. I tagged them, if they die at the OJs I get credit and they got back to the battle so maybe they got some credit before dying. Win Win for both of us, or as much as you can get in a digital warzone anyway.

Its not like you can see if he's dailies are done before killing him...

Ganking is something that all players do, I can't count how many times a zerg ganked me for taking Bravost, Veloka, WC or Klov sentries.

Ya poor innocent seph. Ganked at a sentry. Oh ya you can't get ganked at a sentry or trying to take a camp but lets ignore that. And no not everyone ganks and by prior comments I know why you get "ganked" at those sentry's. It's not even the zerg that gets you. You were already up that servers butt for like 20 min with your half bunker with extra dps because you don't need to go full bunker in wvw like a spvp ele harassing players so you got about 8 or 9 looking for you. Then you die come back over and over. Just had that vs sbi yesterday. 20 times the same guy over and over taking on 4 or 5 running away a kill here and there and I would kill him w a few players so many times I was gettting no wxp. Now I would never be able to solo dps him down probably because he was more bunker then he had to be but ya totally thought of you on these forums with his playstyle.

You sound angry.., Maybe a break is in order?

He said Zerg..

But yeah., a Zerg is necessary for one?

But because they are Zerglings moving to a point that makes it ok?

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

Fourthly, it ends all arguments about ganking being unfair because it removes any excuse for being killed while travelling. Now if I manage to dismount and kill you, I deserved the kill.

Well tbh thief roaming "died" when they added reveal on mark, why would u roam with a thief if with thief taking a t1+ camp takes like 2-4 minutes, on war it is like 1 minute

It's much faster taking camps if you make use of the pierce from spotter's shot to damage everything between you and your mark. Also using daggerstorm with assassin's signet popped will deal a surprising amount of damage in camps, I've seen that kill veteran scouts by itself.

We will hash over your confusion with the use of verbs and nouns in reference to "gankers" for now but I truly am curious why he's not a "ganker" when he's doing exactly what everyone labels as such.He's in enemy territory, stealthed and killing people.

I genuinely am curious what seperates him from the rest?Or is it just ran off assumptions that "gankers" do nothing but kill players?Even then, its open world PvP so nothing wrong with that either.

This is kinda what I mean when I call ganking vs roaming a semantics thing, the difference is basically whether the person views the activity favourably or not. I'll cap camps and kill dolyaks to cut supply lines, call enemy group movements in map chat when I see them, and if I can sneak into an open enemy tower then cap it myself I will. But if I get caught, I'll hide in the tower and kill as many people as I can before they force me out or kill me, and I'll happily one shot people on catas and trebs just to punish their group for not paying attention.

My current favourite game is to permastealth behind the enemy zerg, killing backliners where I get the chance but mostly to wait for downs, mount up, stomp, then stealth up again.

That is exactly the difference between Roaming/Havoc and Gankers to my mind. The kills have a purpose toward
objectives
either by taking them directly or helping a tag with the effort. And I got no problem with that. Killing people just trying to get a daily done, or running to catch up with a tag that's not even in a battle yet (no OJs) that just implies he just joined the map, not so cool. Now, if there is OJs, you can make the call that guy died in the battle and is running back. That's a bit more grey area.

Then I usually attack them, if they turn back and fight, great, if not, I let them go. I tagged them, if they die at the OJs I get credit and they got back to the battle so maybe they got some credit before dying. Win Win for both of us, or as much as you can get in a digital warzone anyway.

Ganking is something that all players do, I can't count how many times a zerg ganked me for taking Bravost, Veloka, WC or Klov sentries.

Ya poor innocent seph. Ganked at a sentry. Oh ya you can't get ganked at a sentry or trying to take a camp but lets ignore that. And no not everyone ganks and by prior comments I know why you get "ganked" at those sentry's. It's not even the zerg that gets you. You were already up that servers butt for like 20 min with your half bunker with extra dps because you don't need to go full bunker in wvw like a spvp ele harassing players so you got about 8 or 9 looking for you. Then you die come back over and over. Just had that vs sbi yesterday. 20 times the same guy over and over taking on 4 or 5 running away a kill here and there and I would kill him w a few players so many times I was gettting no wxp. Now I would never be able to solo dps him down probably because he was more bunker then he had to be but ya totally thought of you on these forums with his playstyle.

He said Zerg..

Oh you two must be dating coming to his defense like that. My bad. Ya, zergs are always waiting in our own territory to "gank" a guy taking a sentry not in the course of playing. Everything is ok. If you want to choose to be that guy behind enemy lines go right ahead but ya eventually you are going to attract uneven attention and to then for him say I got ganked by the zerg and every one ganks is just a fallacy. Never had a problem with any playstyle only after mounts when one small sub set of players constantly complained solely because it was affecting their ganking type play.

So.. bypassing the personal attack.

Please define enemy lines. If you are in your own territory, is that considered ‘friendly territory’?

Personal attack? Was more a snarky reply to the snarky You mad bro go to you room type you started with but w/e. Enemy lines is basically almost ebg exclusive now because everyone except black gate plays the mode wrong. You are supposed to hold what you start with and advance. Which is 4 towers ebg and keep your garry and the keep you get on each bl. That was the design to keep all 4 maps active but most servers dedicate most resources to ebg and their own bl and you'll look and each server owns all 3 keeps on their bl which promotes the everyone wants to be in ebg. So enemy lines would be taking your tempest or stealth class and keep harassing players between typically the smc you own or further and do the keep/spawn approach to gank players like pre mounts. There is no reason to go behind enemy lines alone unless you like to gank or flip camps i guess but camp flippers flip and wp not hang around like these ganker types. Friendly territory is what you plan on keeping and upgrading and defending even tho you may flip the outer 2 towers of an opponent it's not friendly territory because you realistically can't upgrade them past t0.

(Psst: i’m On BG so I guess I play the game right.... your words.)

So, you can’t hold territory outside of your ‘third’ is what you are saying? That’s not allowed in your perspective?

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

objectives

He said Zerg..

Oh you two must be dating coming to his defense like that. My bad. Ya, zergs are always waiting in our own territory to "gank" a guy taking a sentry not in the course of playing. Everything is ok. If you want to choose to be that guy behind enemy lines go right ahead but ya eventually you are going to attract uneven attention and to then for him say I got ganked by the zerg and every one ganks is just a fallacy. Never had a problem with any playstyle only after mounts when one small sub set of players constantly complained solely because it was affecting their ganking type play.

Please define enemy lines. If you are in your own territory, is that considered ‘friendly territory’?

lol you 2 must be dating was so offensive and removed. you guys are real sad whoever reports these things and the admins are sadder for removing such offensive comments. safe space stat

That’s interesting. Normally they remove any post quoting as well.

Oh, btw, I don’t have time to report that stuff. Someone else must have been offended.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

objectives

He said Zerg..

lol you 2 must be dating was so offensive and removed. you guys are real sad whoever reports these things and the admins are sadder for removing such offensive comments. safe space stat

That’s interesting. Normally they remove any post quoting as well.

Oh, btw, I don’t have time to report that stuff. Someone else must have been offended.

Sounds juicy, what happened?I missed the comment, was it spicy or just completely out of context?

@gavyne.6847 said:

So be honest, if you are leaving the game due to the mounts, were you actually enjoying the game and playing WvW actively before the mounts?

Here's the thing: players like the idea of WvW. See how popular PUBG and Fortnite are? Capturing objectives, roaming and having large fights. That's why they're here. What players generally don't like is the lack of balance and everything that creates frustration. Why would it be acceptable that one player runs at twice the speed of another, is immune to every CC and can escape any fight just because he spent money to buy expansion? Now if you did buy expansion of course you're loving it because you get so much relative advantage over others. Next expansion they create something else that is must-have. New tier armor, new consumables, trinket, augments whatever. You know it doesn't change the game in any way, just creates another pay gate. I didn't leave the game after two expansions and new professions. I liked WvW and thought I can deal with others having more options than me. I didn't want to spend money over nothing because I have no interest in PvE and I'm not going to spend that money to pass some arbitrary stat-check. They intruduced gliders. OK, more mobility and escape options to enemies in cliffs, but I can deal with it landing on haystacks. I said to myself if they ever put mounts on WvW I'm out. I don't trust the company running this game.

@"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:This is kinda what I mean when I call ganking vs roaming a semantics thing, the difference is basically whether the person views the activity favourably or not.

I think the meaning is evolving. it used to mean a group of people ganging up on one person. now people use it to describe unwinnable matchups vs any amount of people. I'm guessing in the near future people will use it to say: "ah man that other zerg just ganked our zerg, that really sucked eh".

@erKo.9586 said:I love mounts in the game, but not in WvW - and I'm a 95 % WvW-Player.

I actually only voted cause I find the actual mount useless... I would not mind if Warclaw skills are reworked.

Tags and zergs use mount to ktrain rush nothing more.... the actual gameplay is more ktrain and runway than ever just like anet always dreamed of no fights Eotm....

Mounts could be a thing even siege mounts, what we have here is nothing even for what advertised as usual....

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:This is kinda what I mean when I call ganking vs roaming a semantics thing, the difference is basically whether the person views the activity favourably or not.

I think the meaning is evolving. it used to mean a group of people ganging up on one person. now people use it to describe unwinnable matchups vs any amount of people. I'm guessing in the near future people will use it to say: "ah man that other zerg just ganked our zerg, that really sucked eh".

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me tbh, but I see where you're going with it. To me ganking is indistinguishable from better tactics on the opponent's part, so complaining about it without adapting to it is essentially just being a bad loser in my opinion.

quote-if-you-find-yourself-in-a-fair-fig

^ This is kinda my stance on roaming in general tbh, if the enemy saw you coming you didn't plan well enough.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:This is kinda what I mean when I call ganking vs roaming a semantics thing, the difference is basically whether the person views the activity favourably or not.

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me tbh, but I see where you're going with it. To me ganking is indistinguishable from better tactics on the opponent's part, so complaining about it without adapting to it is essentially just being a bad loser in my opinion.

quote-if-you-find-yourself-in-a-fair-fig

^ This is kinda my stance on roaming in general tbh, if the enemy saw you coming you didn't plan well enough.

cant disagree with that.you sir are both a gentleman and a scholar.

I like to say that all is fair in WvW. I'm competitive, but I'm not the sort of rabid competitor that gets upset about losing and sees opponents as actual enemies. In fact, I tend to make more friends on the enemy teams than on my own because I often start talking with opponents that put up a good fight!

Having said that, I'm not looking for fair fights. The random "anything goes" nature of WvW is part of the attraction for me. If I wanted more balanced fights, sPvP with its 5v5 and (admittedly imperfect) matchmaking system is at least designed to provide some semblance of a fair fight. I don't see the point in complaining about players killing players in a PvP game mode. It's just the nature of the game.

I definitely don't like the new gameplay, but I don't have the illusion warclaw will be removed. I'm mostly annoyed that our single WvW dev will probably be busy with the necessary warclaw fixes for the next 6 months (better than leaving it broken, it's just a lot of work to get it right). It would be really nice if he got some help just for polishing and cleaning up all the bugs (various glitches into keeps, unreliable blinks, etc.) that have been plaguing us. It's not flashy stuff but I'd be really grateful.

• 2 months later...

Since I know ANet isn't going to remove a potential skin seller, the least they could do is make it so people can't literally Evade through an entire zerg and get away with it, and maybe make it so you have them by default. A small, but significant amount of my squads are left behind by mounted people, and when they get picked off by mounted enemies, I can't really blame them when I see their blue dot disappear and the squad has a lower number (left the game).

Mounts have divided the WvW playerbase further between the Haves and Have-Nots.

It would seem to be a smart business plan to let WvW have Gliders/Mounts free as a sort of "sample" to entice players to upgrade to PoF to use them everywhere else. Or maybe even Rentable gliding/mounts to act as a currency sink that starts off as a small price (maybe like 1g for an hour) but are one-time account purchases up to an infinitely purchasable, more expensive (5g per hour) so people can still experience it but highly emphasise that they upgrade to HoT/PoF to save that money.

Mounts are just a new convenience system that they've been adding in the game to cater to the casual playerbase. Mounts in wvw reduce the sense of importance of distance (think after a wipe and needing to return to the zerg). This might have been a good addition for people liking convenience and those who log into wvw for 1 hour every day to grab their daily, but it's awful design choice for the dedicated playerbase. Giving players what they want, not what they need.

I told you ANet. The more you give in to these forum participants, the more they will demand. It never ends.

After giving in to like 80% of their nerfing requests on the mount, now these active and vocal forum participants (which by the way comprises of just a tiny mini fraction of the player base) think " wth, since ANet has given in so much to our requests, might as well try our luck to remove it " lol

ANet doesn't need polls to know what MOST players want. When their player base starts to shrink drastically after certain changes. it couldn't be more obvious that something is wrong. Many casual players, and I really mean many, don't voice out what they are not happy about in the forum, they just stopped playing or take a break or go back to other mmos.

Take me, for example, I am with the game since launch but my playtime is less than 5000 hours. During my active years, including these two years, on average I spent about $50 to $80 every month on gem purchase. Real money, not gold conversation. I don't farm gold. Once, I even bought $200 worth of gems to convert them to gold just to buy the bifrost from the TP. When I enjoyed playing the game, that's nothing. I spend much, much more every month on my personal grooming and cosmetics.

But lately, I only login once every few days and for just 30 mins or an hour the most. And, I stopped spending money in this game after the recent nerfs and tedious content implementation. I don't enjoy playing this game anymore. I don't create topics in the forum and cry out for changes or nerfs. No. I just stopped playing and stopped spending. Simple. And, there are many like me.