Bug Reports: LWS4 Episode 5: All or Nothing

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been getting quite a weird issue with the last chapter of the story (Crystal Dragon; some spoilers ahead). After skimming through the thread, it doesn't seem to have happened to anyone else.So, I get disconnected during a cutscene. After Kralkatorrik's big attack, shielded by Aurene, you go down to deliver the alleged finishing blow. At 30ish %, there is a first cutscene where Kralk tries a last breathe attack, countered by Aurene. Starting from here, I don't have any sound (don't know if this is on purpose?). Then there are some weird cuts, where you see Kralk slowly withdrawing. I see three of them, then the screen turns totally black. After a minute or two, I get the 'you've been disconnected' message, and I'm back to the character selection screen; but it's dark (I only see the panel and the character slots).I've been trying on different Wifis, same results. I've done the last scene like 5 times two weeks ago, and get disconnected always at the same moment. I've retried today, hoping that with last week's patch it would be solved, but I experienced the same thing. Anybody's been going through that too?

I'm just guessing it's a bug, but Mini Frodak Steelstar presents in a more "flesh", human form on the wardrobe preview, which got me excited. It might get people excited to have a "humanoid" dwarf as a mini (like me). Mini works as intended, but it might be missleading for people that decide by previews.

(Sorry for any typos, english isn't my first language)

• 1 month later...

a month and a half atleast after people brought it up on the thread and the disconnect at the end of the all or nothing crystal dragon fight is still a thing. I just tried it 3 times including restarting the client and nothing, didnt work, disconnected at the end of the cutscene just like everyone else

@bubbalubber.2810 said:a month and a half atleast after people brought it up on the thread and the disconnect at the end of the all or nothing crystal dragon fight is still a thing. I just tried it 3 times including restarting the client and nothing, didnt work, disconnected at the end of the cutscene just like everyone else

I've had exactly the same thing. I've tried to finish the mission four times now and the exact same every time. Deleted the cache, restarted PC, checked ports, etc. but still the issue persists. This was brought up in January and received a 'we're looking into it' response, nothing since. That's about a negligent as it's possible to a developer to be.

Same issue as @athos.9034 is having by the looks of things.

• 2 weeks later...

@Draxian.7945 said:

@bubbalubber.2810 said:a month and a half atleast after people brought it up on the thread and the disconnect at the end of the all or nothing crystal dragon fight is still a thing. I just tried it 3 times including restarting the client and nothing, didnt work, disconnected at the end of the cutscene just like everyone else

I've had exactly the same thing. I've tried to finish the mission four times now and the exact same every time. Deleted the cache, restarted PC, checked ports, etc. but still the issue persists. This was brought up in January and received a 'we're looking into it' response, nothing since. That's about a negligent as it's possible to a developer to be.

Same issue as @athos.9034 is having by the looks of things.

I've been trying to finish the Crystal Dragon instance for a few weeks now. I get DCed at the same time as everyone else during the final cutscene. I've tried repairing my client, spamming abilities during the cutscene, etc. It's pretty ridiculous that there is such a huge game breaking bug, and there is literally zero communication. I'm not sure what we are supposed to do once the new chapter comes out. Do we come on the forums and keep asking for a fix, and risk getting spoilers? Or do we just turn off chat in game, don't go to any fansites, and hope that Anet will fix this eventually?

Just an update on the Crystal Dragon disconnect issue:

I finally finished the instance without getting DCed at the cutscene. I started a previous story chapter (to wipe progress on the current chapter), and then switch back to the current chapter. This is more than likely what fixed it. I also made sure to not be in photon forge mode when the cutscene started, and to keep spamming skills/buttons while the cutscene played. I'm pretty sure these last two didn't matter, though, and the main fix is to just reset progress on the current chapter.

Resonance, the south tank, is the fussiest, worst quest I've played in this game (or maybe ever). I've watched videos, tried for at LEAST an hour, and it doesn't matter what I do. By the time the fire shoots, the first patch at the tank is gone. I've made sure to use only 5 patches, gone around the fence, through the fence, both. The timing should NOT be that fussy. At this point, I'm done even trying. I can't advance my story and this ceased being fun a long time ago.

• 3 weeks later...

The amount of Camera Shake I am experienced during the "Finish Kralkatorik" phase is insane and unplayable. It seems to be massively flickering multiple opposing (at least that's how it looks on the mini map) camera angles and directions at hight speed to intense nauseating effect. I've crashed at least once trying to deactivate it.

In the middle of another attempt now. Didn't crash toggling on/off, but the crazy camera effects continued during some followup cutscene/section. I turned it off and there's a lot of missing terrain and my framerate is incredibly low.

as for a "bug" I dont know if this was mentioned already, but as of the patch the xp i get in pof just vanishes because the skyscale masteries are not hidden.... I dont care much about spirit shards, but still this is just bad. it would be great if you could hide the mastery like you did with the raid masteries, until you actually unlock the mount.

I am on the step in 'Bleed' to test blooded spear on Branded in Dragonfall. But I don't have a spear. I had a full stack of ember things in my special slot when I made the spear and it did not take their place. I used the embers up and still not spear. Now I cannot complete the story step.

Edit: FIXED Oops. Boy I feel dumb. I had to go to the area where indicate and of course it showed up. and this is the SECOND time I am doing the story.

• 2 weeks later...

One of gw2 threads seem to hang when doing meta in dragonfall on a skyscale:ntdll.dll!NtClearEvent+0x14 KERNELBASE.dll!ResetEvent+0xb Gw2-64.exe+0x1bea5d`` Gw2-64.exe+0x257092 Gw2-64.exe+0x21d89e Gw2-64.exe+0x219896 Gw2-64.exe+0x21f11e Gw2-64.exe+0x1d155e Gw2-64.exe+0xe14f7d Gw2-64.exe+0xe10bd4 Gw2-64.exe+0xcff98c Gw2-64.exe+0xd8878f Gw2-64.exe+0x6412ea Gw2-64.exe+0x629e2d Gw2-64.exe+0x61a1ac Gw2-64.exe+0x613782 Gw2-64.exe+0x39a2ee Gw2-64.exe+0x39852e Gw2-64.exe+0x3981a9 Gw2-64.exe+0x39983f Gw2-64.exe+0x397bac Gw2-64.exe+0x1c2541 Gw2-64.exe+0x3510d9 KERNEL32.DLL!BaseThreadInitThunk+0x14 ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart+0x21

ntdll.dll!NtYieldExecution+0x14 KERNELBASE.dll!SwitchToThread+0x24 Gw2-64.exe+0x257097 Gw2-64.exe+0x21d89e Gw2-64.exe+0x219896 Gw2-64.exe+0x21f11e Gw2-64.exe+0x1d155e Gw2-64.exe+0xe14f7d Gw2-64.exe+0xe10bd4 Gw2-64.exe+0xcff98c Gw2-64.exe+0xd8878f Gw2-64.exe+0x6412ea Gw2-64.exe+0x629e2d Gw2-64.exe+0x61a1ac Gw2-64.exe+0x613782 Gw2-64.exe+0x39a2ee Gw2-64.exe+0x39852e Gw2-64.exe+0x3981a9 Gw2-64.exe+0x39983f Gw2-64.exe+0x397bac Gw2-64.exe+0x1c2541 Gw2-64.exe+0x3510d9 KERNEL32.DLL!BaseThreadInitThunk+0x14 ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart+0x21

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...