Griffon Mount requirements. No sir, I don't like them. - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Griffon Mount requirements. No sir, I don't like them.

Comments

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rogue.4756 said:
    Why so angry? It isn't a difficult process. Doesn't even take all that much time. Can be a bit expensive. For me since I don't craft , I sold my mats to pay for it.

If the OP is willing to buy the griffon unlock from the store.. in game cost should not be a barrier.. credit card will do the same thing for both options :0

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

The OP said a few times that gold was not an issue. They already HAVE the items needed with gold. They are missing the events requiring groups.

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2019

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:
    Mmos are timesinks, not for people with limited time.

Stop passing your views on MMOs as some kind of absolute standard. MMO are games, first of all. If game contains boring timesyncs devoid of actual gameplay ("move to a certain point according to some guide, press a button" is NOT gameplay), it's just bad game design, not a "MMO game design". It's simply not a game, it's a chore inserted there to cut expenses on developing some interesting game mechanics which would make your journey to the prize engaging. It's not some kind of "special gameplay" used in MMO we need to respect, it's a lack of gameplay for which we should call Anet out.

So.. your saying the griffon collection entails a lack of gameplay or that it's a chore.. so would you prefer what the OP is petitioning for then instead.... cos that's would make the content really interesting, so very rewarding, a real challenge.
    Either way, sorry to burst your bubble but MMO's.. and I mean many if not all of them require a certain amount of content to act as time sync's.. they act as a buffer to the devs in order to keep the flow of content under some form of schedule.. otherwise we would be sat here complaining of nothing to do because content cant be developed fast enough for us... and yeah there is also a requirement to try to keep players logged in for as long as possible in the hope that we might be tempted to spend real money in the cash shop.. dang ANET for being a business not a charity!!
    That is not a lack of gameplay it is a necessity, besides players see content in different ways.. sure the griffon could be considered a chore to some whilst others may actually enjoy it and find it fun, I know I did.

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Redavv.2643Redavv.2643 Member ✭✭

I haven't seen anyone all this time say something bad about the griffon and the quests that you need to do,
    I really enjoyed the suprise at the end of the story and i really enjoyed the quests and things you have to do to get the griffon only bad thing is the 250 gold but i can understand it.
    Its a game so play it :D there are many things to do in GW2 some are hard others time consuming in the end it depends what you like to do.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Seems the OP got their wish! Check out the gem store today!

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 1, 2019

@Randulf.7614 said:
    Seems the OP got their wish! Check out the gem store today!

LOL--don't bother his with the April Fools post.

• Kururu.8140Kururu.8140 Member ✭✭✭

@Spamwagon.1972 said:
    Honestly - I HATE the requirements to acquire the griffon mount. I don't want to do them, and frankly - I won't, EVER do them. However, I would like the advantages of a griffon mount, and would be happy to pay real money to get them. Please offer the griffon mount on the real money transaction store for whatever you feel is an appropriate price. I am certain that many people would appreciate it. Let me reiterate - I will NEVER..... NEVER do the current requirements for the griffon mount.

NEVER. It actually makes me angry.

Alright, well I guess you will NEVER get it. It would be completely unfair for those of us who actually spent the time and effort to go and get it. It doesn't matter if you dislike the requirements, Anet will never bend to your will. Take it or leave it.

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

I got two- one for both of my accounts.
    shrugs
    I'm guessing this is some kind of April fools.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dami.5046 said:
    shrugs

OP is from the 29/3 so no its not a april fools.

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Linken.6345 said:

@Dami.5046 said:
    shrugs

OP is from the 29/3 so no its not a april fools.

They were early then.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

@Spamwagon.1972 said:
    Upon the CHORUS of urging - I tried to get the crystal oasis bounty done tonight. Spent 3 hours talking in map chat and looking at an empty LFG queue, and did NOT get it done. I didn't enjoy that experience, and that's why I would like to just pay arenanet and be done with this tedious nonsense.

I originally thought it was crazy at first to have to rely on others to get the mount. But it really is not that bad. You need to step back and get out of your own way and just accept what you need to do.

If you have a commander Tag start your own LFG. If not and there is not a specific group posted then try and find a bounty train. Once you get on a train talk to the commander see if he will help you out most will. If that all falls short try and find a PvE guild and ask their help. What I am saying is you have options and if you choose not to utilize them then you really can't complain. Map chat can work sometimes but its hard to tell if you are in an almost empty map sometimes unless you get the "would you like to change maps" notification.

I myself only have limited time to play at night 2hrs or so and I was able to get it without much problem. Like some have said there is absolute Zero chance this will be sold in the gem store. Have you tried getting the beetle yet because there are a lot of similarities to obtaining the griffin.

What time zone are you in and what time frames do you typically play?

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Excursion.9752 said:
    I originally thought it was crazy at first to have to rely on others to get the mount. But it really is not that bad. You need to step back and get out of your own way and just accept what you need to do.

If this game were Skyrim you'd have a point, but given it's an MMO, why would it surprise anyone that group content might be required? This mount isn't like any of the other mounts in PoF, the fact that it costs 250g would be the 1st clue :)

The Beetle mount also requires some group content, and in a very small way, so does the Warclaw, unless you're able to solo the Lord and cap a keep by yourself.

I remember feeling a bit of anxiety when I started working on mine, figuring that by now there would be very few players looking to complete this collection. Turns out I was quite wrong. All I needed to do was activate my /mentor tag and broadcast on map what I was doing, and in every case within a few minutes people would trickle over; some I presume for the collection, others I would imagine just wanted to help (cuz GW2 peeps are awesome)

If you aren't getting any bites, then just move to a different part of the collection. I certainly wouldn't have waited 3 hours.

Also, currently the SAB event is taking place, so now is definitely NOT the right time to try and get groups. Wait until the festival is over (mid April?) to maximize your chances of success.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:

If this game were Skyrim you'd have a point, but given it's an MMO, why would it surprise anyone that group content might be required? This mount isn't like any of the other mounts in PoF, the fact that it costs 250g would be the 1st clue :)

The Beetle mount also requires some group content, and in a very small way, so does the Warclaw, unless you're able to solo the Lord and cap a keep by yourself.

I remember feeling a bit of anxiety when I started working on mine, figuring that by now there would be very few players looking to complete this collection. Turns out I was quite wrong. All I needed to do was activate my /mentor tag and broadcast on map what I was doing, and in every case within a few minutes people would trickle over; some I presume for the collection, others I would imagine just wanted to help (cuz GW2 peeps are awesome)

If you aren't getting any bites, then just move to a different part of the collection. I certainly wouldn't have waited 3 hours.

Also, currently the SAB event is taking place, so now is definitely NOT the right time to try and get groups. Wait until the festival is over (mid April?) to maximize your chances of success.

If you read that part again they dident put up a lfg request or mentor tag s/he just sat there looking in the lfg window for a group it seems.

• By having it on the TP, that would invalidate those that have achieved it via collections. I did 99% of it on my own, an ex guildie helped a bit. I did the egg collections first, then the others whilst saving gold up along side it. When I did the final bit and got the screen saying I got the gryphon, I fell back on my chair and punched the air with both arms. That is my greatest accomplishment to date.

I'm sure someone will help you out. It is tedious at first, believe me. However, when you DO get it, the sense of accomplishment is uplifting.

• zengara.8301zengara.8301 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2019

Honestly havent read all comments. But its basically one of those things that everyone agree is BS, but if you have done it, you forget how BS it is and almost want others to suffer, just because you either dont want everyone to have griffon, or because lack of knowledge for how BS it really is.

Everyone back when Griffon was released said the events will be almost impossible to complete in the future, waited a few months before getting it so just getting enough people to do these events was pretty hard, and it is one of those things that literally are impossible to complete on your own based on AOE.....And this is from someone who used to solo Arah paths with a thief.... it was BS back then, prob a lot worse now, since it requires people.

Besides, it truly is boring having a griffon is very different than getting for example a legendary. The whole "you need to work for it" mentality when it is not a cosmetic, seems very weird, specially in this game.

• AlexxxDelta.1806AlexxxDelta.1806 Member ✭✭✭

@zengara.8301 said:
    Honestly havent read all comments. But its basically one of those things that everyone agree is BS, but if you have done it, you forget how BS it is and almost want others to suffer, just because you either dont want everyone to have griffon, or because lack of knowledge for how BS it really is.

Everyone back when Griffon was released said the events will be almost impossible to complete in the future, waited a few months before getting it so just getting enough people to do these events was pretty hard, and it is one of those things that literally are impossible to complete on your own based on AOE.....And this is from someone who used to solo Arah paths with a thief.... it was BS back then, prob a lot worse now, since it requires people.

I see plenty of comments in this thread agreeing that things like the gold cost and the Facet bounty need to be looked at by Anet. What almost everyone agrees on though is that OP's "gem store" solution is a horrible one and shouldn't ever be considered by Anet.

• Tekoneiric.6817Tekoneiric.6817 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2019

While I do think the gold requirement is a bit excessive I had the gold available when I went through the quest to get it. Overall I found getting the griffon easy and had it done in no time. I got it fairly quick after the guides came out. It really wasn't any more hard than getting the roller beetle. My only real gripe about the griffon and other mounts is the limited dye channels on the default skin. I don't understand why people think the quest is hard.

• Tekoneiric.6817Tekoneiric.6817 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Spamwagon.1972 said:
    It would be nice if you offered a BYPASS option on the gem store, once a character finished the Path of Fire Campaign, to allow them to acquire the Griffon Mount.

Many people do not enjoy group content or jumping puzzles/collections - those people are impeded from getting a Griffon Mount, unless they engage in activities that they don't like.

This is completely unlike any other aspect of the game. Large game mechanics (like mounts and masteries) are granted to the player either through traditional play through the campaign (solo friendly), or by a multitude of different solo friendly options.

Please offer a gem store option, or integrate the griffon into the solo campaign - whatever (you guys are more creative than I am). Just please allow another solo method to acquire it.

I soloed it for the most part with my scrapper. The only part I think really requires any help is the dead house meta and I'm sure there are still people doing that event. I always solo story content.

• sitarskee.5738sitarskee.5738 Member ✭✭✭

I actually enjoyed the process. Have a nice and griffonless day.

• BlueJin.4127BlueJin.4127 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2019

@zengara.8301 said:

Besides, it truly is boring having a griffon is very different than getting for example a legendary. The whole "you need to work for it" mentality when it is not a cosmetic, seems very weird, specially in this game.

I enjoyed the Griffon collection very much. I sure as heck don’t “not want others to have the Griffon” nor do I “want others to suffer like me (I had fun with the Griffon collection)” or whatever. And I had no trouble getting groups for group contents when I did the Griffon collection 6 months ago. The problem isn’t that there are no more players for group contents; it’s that new players don’t know the proper way to get groups for these contents or just aren’t willing to put much effort. I still help players who claimed to have been stuck on a group content for “weeks” and it takes me minutes to help these players get into groups.

From my experience, the majority of these players who are stuck for “months” on group contents are vastly exaggerating. They don’t know to check all maps for bounty trains, or aren’t willing to join a train and wait for the Facet’s turn, or get upset if they don’t get a group right away, etc. I even offered to help the OP, but I haven’t received a single whisper requesting help.

Maybe Anet will need to change the group contents months or years from now, but at least for now, it doesn’t take months to find groups if the player knows how or are willing.

^^

• I too found the requirements for the griffon mount excessive and tedious. The griffon is such a quality of life increase that I just sucked it up like someone suggested earlier in the thread.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@zengara.8301 said:

The collections are easily doable. The issue is that there are players who insist on joining existing groups rather than create their own. Those players will just sit there looking at the LFG and assume that it’s impossible.

• Karnasis.6892Karnasis.6892 Member ✭✭✭

@Spamwagon.1972 said:

Many people do not enjoy group content or jumping puzzles/collections - those people are impeded from getting a Griffon Mount, unless they engage in activities that they don't like.

Why are you playing a multiplayer game with no desire to play with others? And you can get most of the griffon collection done alone and then just save the group stuff for last.

Even if you have limited time you could do one meta and then do whatever it is you like to do and then eventually you'd get the griffon without spending money or start a pay 2 win version of GW2

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:
    . My only real gripe about the griffon and other mounts is the limited dye channels on the default skin

That's standard for every mount ANET creates, past and present. Unfortunately they do that to promote buying skins, as usually the first skin they release for any mount has the identical model and textures, just with 4 useable dye channels..

It's blatant, but then again we don't pay a sub fee, so it's hard to begrudge them

• zengara.8301zengara.8301 Member ✭✭✭

@BlueJin.4127 said:

@zengara.8301 said:

I enjoyed the Griffon collection very much. I sure as heck don’t “not want others to have the Griffon” nor do I “want others to suffer like me (I had fun with the Griffon collection)” or whatever. And I had no trouble getting groups for group contents when I did the Griffon collection 6 months ago. The problem isn’t that there are no more players for group contents; it’s that new players don’t know the proper way to get groups for these contents or just aren’t willing to put much effort. I still help players who claimed to have been stuck on a group content for “weeks” and it takes me minutes to help these players get into groups.

From my experience, the majority of these players who are stuck for “months” on group contents are vastly exaggerating. They don’t know to check all maps for bounty trains, or aren’t willing to join a train and wait for the Facet’s turn, or get upset if they don’t get a group right away, etc. I even offered to help the OP, but I haven’t received a single whisper requesting help.

Maybe Anet will need to change the group contents months or years from now, but at least for now, it doesn’t take months to find groups if the player knows how or are willing.

Yeah seems like it is very true on the event part. Tried it myself, seems like a lot of ppl helped and the group was literally coordinated within minutes. Even faster than back when griffon was kinda new. I honestly still found most of the achievements boring though, and do think it shouldn't be as costly/hard to receive a griffon. But I should delete my previous post

• Weindrasi.3805Weindrasi.3805 Member ✭✭✭

@Spamwagon.1972 said:
    I have already bought the items requiring a gold investment. No big deal. I have done all of the eggs in the first zone (forget its name.. crystal desert?) and many in other zones as well. In fact, I am probably about half way done, but I cannot bring myself to finish it. The whole time I was doing these things - I was NOT enjoying myself.

I just don't want to chase a bunch of silly bounties, or go and get all the eggs. I find it boring and senseless. This is my personal.... subjective... interpretation of what is "FUN".
    I don't think the griffon collection is "FUN", but I would like to have a griffon. I will not do the griffon collection - I don't like it. I don't understand the concept of "suck it up" in a medium that is for entertainment. It's like you guys are telling me to "quit griping and go watch aqua man... its good for you!" . Well... I don't really like aqua man, and don't have any interest in watching it - why should what I consider entertaining mirror what you consider entertaining?

It only makes sense that I would like to pay Arenanet for the privilege of having what I would enjoy at the expense of what I do NOT enjoy.

If it were just about you, it wouldn't be an issue. The problem is, Arenanet letting you buy a griffon would negatively impact everyone else. Games that become pay-to-win go downhill RAPIDLY. What you are asking for would not be a one-time, isolated event. It would continue. It would cause GW2 to get massive criticism, lose players, and ultimately fail. The reason GW2 is so successful is because it caters to the people with time limits and budget limits--and it doesn't give people an advantage in-game just because they have more money.
    As for your argument that getting the Griffon isn't fun, and games should be 100% fun, well... people have different ideas of fun; and the vast majority of the playerbase either enjoys or does not mind the griffon unlock process. Since arenanet can't make the game 100% fun to 100% of people, it's going to go with the majority. And you aren't in the majority.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@zengara.8301 said:
    I honestly still found most of the achievements boring though, and do think it shouldn't be as costly/hard to receive a griffon.

I disagree. It is optional. If it were required to advance the story, then I could see this point.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• I still fail to see how my desire to spend money on the game to bypass aspects of it that I don't like - is bad. Noone has made a convincing argument to the contrary. XP/Item boosts are readily available in the store for people who want to level more quickly (i.e. bypass content). This is nothing new. I don't want to dance a merry jig for a mount - I just want to buy it. That seems totally legitimate to me.

• Calvsie.3675Calvsie.3675 Member ✭✭✭

Try a Nexon MMO. This sounds more like their sort of thing.

“You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.”
    ― Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

@Spamwagon.1972 said:
    I still fail to see how my desire to spend money on the game to bypass aspects of it that I don't like - is bad. Noone has made a convincing argument to the contrary. XP/Item boosts are readily available in the store for people who want to level more quickly (i.e. bypass content). This is nothing new. I don't want to dance a merry jig for a mount - I just want to buy it. That seems totally legitimate to me.

Not having this mount dont make the game unplayable for you tho so its an option for you to get it or not.

• AlexxxDelta.1806AlexxxDelta.1806 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2019

@Spamwagon.1972 said:
    I still fail to see how my desire to spend money on the game to bypass aspects of it that I don't like - is bad. Noone has made a convincing argument to the contrary. XP/Item boosts are readily available in the store for people who want to level more quickly (i.e. bypass content). This is nothing new. I don't want to dance a merry jig for a mount - I just want to buy it. That seems totally legitimate to me.

I will try, again, to put it as simply as I can. Pandering to people like you will eventually ruin the game for the rest of us. Let's say that gem unlock existed. Most of us got the griffon without paying a dime while you did. It would make sense financially for the company to make future content even grindier to "encourage" more of us to do the same as you. In a sense you would be sabotaging yourself since you are giving them monetary incentives to make more content that "makes you angry", in order to get more of that dough you are willing to spend.

• vyncius.6105vyncius.6105 Member ✭✭✭

@Spamwagon.1972 said:
    Honestly - I HATE the requirements to acquire the griffon mount. I don't want to do them, and frankly - I won't, EVER do them. However, I would like the advantages of a griffon mount, and would be happy to pay real money to get them. Please offer the griffon mount on the real money transaction store for whatever you feel is an appropriate price. I am certain that many people would appreciate it. Let me reiterate - I will NEVER..... NEVER do the current requirements for the griffon mount.

So thats what AngryZoric have been talking about in teatime. Toxic casual

• Hesione.9412Hesione.9412 Member ✭✭

@Spamwagon.1972 said:

They simply did an immediate level to 80. They have no achievements. They have no masteries. What content have they bypassed? Your example is not comparable to the path involved in getting the griffon mount.

You don't seem to like MMORPGs. Having long-ish quest lines to get good rewards is a key feature of these.

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭✭

So let's list all the other things that people probably don't like how long/expensive/difficult they are and would rather just shell out cash to get.

Just to name a few:
    Legendary armor from all three game modes
    Legendary backpacks
    Legendary trinkets
    Crimson weapons
    The glowy carapace stuff.
    Auric weapons
    dragonblood weapons
    Stellar weapons
    Treasure hunter achievement

I don't like the requirements for these. No sir, I do not. Too grindy. Too difficult.(Been working on the season 2 achievements for that for YEARS.

Okay now back to being serious. There are some things that just DO take awhile. They are not MEANT to be something you whip out the wallet and buy. And actually I'm fine with that. Gw2 isn't Candy Crush where if you can't pass a level you throw money at it and continue.

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭

pay real money to somebody else to grind it for you.

Problem solved

• @Spamwagon.1972 said:
    It would be nice if you offered a BYPASS option on the gem store, once a character finished the Path of Fire Campaign, to allow them to acquire the Griffon Mount.

Please offer a gem store option, or integrate the griffon into the solo campaign - whatever (you guys are more creative than I am). Just please allow another solo method to acquire it.

I suspect that if nothing said this far will sway the @OP’s opinion, I am unlikely to be any more successful since most of the arguments I can think of have already been posted, some quite eloquently. However I did want to stop and appreciate for a moment the raw irony of this final statement. Acquiring the griffon (in the interest of transparency I have acquired 3 so far using alt accounts) IS part of the “solo campaign”. It is an epilogue to the story completed with PoF. The vast majority of my own play time is spent in solo play. And like the OP neither do I like jumping puzzles, although unlike the op, I am willing to at least hire a good Mesmer to assist, and when I say assist, I mean drag my non-jumping virtual self around.

But having said that, @OP if you want to simply throw real world money at it perhaps think of it this way. Figure out how much cash you are willing to commit at this point. Determine how many eggs you have left that you are unwilling to jump to, and how many events you have to do still. Put a price on each that you believe to be reasonable or even a tad generous, and then make a post on this forum something like this (this is only an example, please do not misread this and think I am asking for this or establishing actual value)

PAYING MY WAY TO THE GRIFFON, looking for Mesmer & motivated commanders

20Gold / egg

200gold / successful map event

There. Some enterprising Mesmer/commander can do it all for you, all you have to do is pay them as they do it and tag a few things for credit at each event. You get your pay to win, someone else gets good gold, and Anet doesn’t have to compromise their stance on this matter.

• @coso.9173 said:
    i don't like the gold requirement, i've never ever had 200g or more in the history of playing this game :(

Uhm, what? On a free test account i made (when it was first introduced to help new players with their experience) I easily earned over 300 gold from doing dailies and selling materials on a single character with limited trading post access and no daily login rewards. What are you spending gold on in this game to not earn gold hand over fist? Mind you, I wasn't even trying too hard to earn the gold, it just worked out that way. If you go out of your way to do things to earn gold (fractals, map farms, etc) you can earn waaaaaaay more gold. Not to mention if you also have a full account and not a free one.

Greck Howlbane - Firebrand
    Sorrow's Furnace For Life

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

My 2c: the requirements really, really aren't that bad. But then I was 'raised' on WoW mount grinding. The Griffon is an absolute walk in the park to get compared to that. I'm probably the most casual of casual players, and it took me less than a month to get all of it done, including some gold grinding - 200G is chump-change, really. But, yes, I found the proces fun. If you hate it, don't do it.
    But sure, if you want a for-real-money buy option, I'm fine with that too. Anything that gets more money in is good.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Moira Shalaar.5620 said:

But having said that, @OP if you want to simply throw real world money at it perhaps think of it this way. Figure out how much cash you are willing to commit at this point. Determine how many eggs you have left that you are unwilling to jump to, and how many events you have to do still. Put a price on each that you believe to be reasonable or even a tad generous, and then make a post on this forum something like this (this is only an example, please do not misread this and think I am asking for this or establishing actual value)

PAYING MY WAY TO THE GRIFFON, looking for Mesmer & motivated commanders

20Gold / egg

200gold / successful map event

There. Some enterprising Mesmer/commander can do it all for you, all you have to do is pay them as they do it and tag a few things for credit at each event. You get your pay to win, someone else gets good gold, and Anet doesn’t have to compromise their stance on this matter.

Good suggestion, but it should be advertised in the Players Helping Players forum.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• @kharmin.7683 said:.
    Good suggestion, but it should be advertised in the Players Helping Players forum.

You are quite correct. I mistyped previously, meant simply “the forum” but should have taken the time to be more specific. Thanks.

• Harper.4173Harper.4173 Member ✭✭✭

@Spamwagon.1972 said:

Yes sir! It's too bad you HATE them. I LOVE them, and have already done them. Frankly - i'd do them again just for a different mount.

I do however believe NOBODY who hasn't bothered to do the requirements should have the advantages of the griffon mount and would be HAPPY to pay real money to keep it that way and keep people from BUYING THEIR WAY INTO THINGS THEY CANNOT EARN BECAUSE THEY CAN'T BE BOTHERED.
    Please do not offer the mount on the real money transaction as no fee is appropriate to skip game content. If you don't like something don't play it, but don't expect to get the associated reward.
    I am certain a lot of people agree. I will NEVER understand players that want to buy their way to a better situation. Why are you playing?

It actually makes me angry.

• Dear Arenanet,

Please just be aware that I am still willing to happily pay a fee to unlock the griffon mount. That hasn't changed, despite all the ugliness aimed my direction over that stance.
    Feel free to weigh in.

Respectfully,
    (player known as) Spamwagon

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

You do not deserve it if you dont want to play for it. Spammy. It would be the ruin if the game if truly everything was unlockable for money. an absolutely foolish request and slippery slope. If you truly wanted it, then youd put in the effort. Its not as hard or insurmountable as you erroneously paint it as being. Man up and actually try doing it. Follow the dulfy guides and its over before you know it. The Beetle took longer for me due to all the timed bosses needed.

@Spamwagon.1972 said:
    Dear Arenanet,

Please just be aware that I am still willing to happily pay a fee to unlock the griffon mount. That hasn't changed, despite all the ugliness aimed my direction over that stance.
    Feel free to weigh in.

Respectfully,
    (player known as) Spamwagon

Well maybe its time to go on a holliday to a place were a gw2 player lives and let him/her do it while you provide food and drinks?
    Your paying a fellow community memeber to do it instead of anet, that is already implemented btw.

• castlemanic.3198castlemanic.3198 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have several thoughts on this thread, i'll try to be brief with them.

the requirements to get the griffon (and yes, some of the roller beetle collection too) need to be re-evaluated because unless players are there the first week after the mount is released, there's rarely going to be as large a group or as easy an access to groups at the time those mounts have been released. while it will always be possible, the ease of access to the completion of these events is significantly reduced.

I'm iffy, to say the least, about unlocking the griffon, or any mount, via the gemstore. nothing in the gemstore has had distinct mechanical advantages given to players. the most, in that front, are the xp/level 80 boosters (which reduce the time to get to max level and is not a mechanical benefit), waypoint unlocks (reduce the time to obtain them and is not a mechanical benefit), boss/event portals (which reduces the time to get to said events, is not a mechanical benefit). however, the griffon provides a distinct mechanical benefit, and paying for that benefit with real world money gets into some gray area that I hope ArenaNet are unwilling to go into.

I personally had fun with the griffon storyline, but the achievements to finish that storyline were only okay for me because i did it when everyone was trying to get it at the time. the roller beetle was significantly less fun for me even though i finished it the same day the patch was released.

to think about it from another angle, what does the griffon really provide apart from increase mobility? while it is something that is actively mechanical, it doesn't really affect me if someone else has an easier time with getting the griffon. While i remain adamant that I do not wish for the griffon to become a gemstore item, having the griffon is simply fun, and i'm not one to deny another person of something that is fun simply because i feel they should have to 'earn it', which is a nonsensical notion for a video game that is supposed to be about fun.

If you join a debate and provide little to no proof when the other side provides lots of evidence, you can't then declare yourself the winner of that debate. Veterans can make signatures apparently.

• I think as a fun and useful idea a guild could get together and have a "Get-yer-Griffon" weekend where they help the clutzes and shy folk in this game get a Griffon of their very own. They could charge a small fee per person and the profits could go toward something fun for everybody. If not the Griffon, maybe this could be an idea for when the new Mount is released...just a thought.

• @Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    This is one of those bonus end game luxuries you have to earn in game.

Lisa looks at computer screen seriously. What if you have the motivation to do the end game stuffs but you are clutz...and cannot finish the story, and do not know anyone in game, and are shy??? Not everything is cut and dry.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.