Did WvW per level rewards get nerfed?

OutOfOrder.3719

With the changes to drop rates and magic find, has the rewards in WvW become even worse than before?

I remember getting low tier exotics when I would level up in WvW.

Now I'm lucky to get 1 unidentified rare when it's normal to get 2 unidentied uncommon greens.

Although pip rewards are good on their own, it sure felt more rewarding than it is now.

I have roughly 215% magic find and I was wondering if any one else felt the drop rate from leveling up in WvW has been reduced?

The intention of the change was to make rewards more even for everyone, so there is not a huge gap between new players and veterans (more than 1 year).

However, it sure feels like the rewards drop rate when leveling up in WvW for all players has been Nerfed.

@"OutOfOrder.3719" said:With the changes to drop rates and magic find, has the rewards in WvW become even worse than before?There's no evidence of that.

Now I'm lucky to get 1 unidentified rare when it's normal to get 2 unidentied uncommon greens.You'd have to provide more data to establish what is normal and what is unusual.

Although pip rewards are good on their own, it sure felt more rewarding than it is now.We humans are extremely good at remembering every bad streak... and horrible at remembering lucky streaks. We even have a tendency to think of "average" as "not that good (because it's less than very good), so we discount the even longer streaks of average results.

I have roughly 215% magic find and I was wondering if any one else felt the drop rate from leveling up in WvW has been reduced?I can guarantee that, at any given moment, there is a huge portion of players who feel that the drop rates for [fill in the blank] were nerfed, reduced, or otherwise less.

Feelings, however, aren't data that we can use to establish the likelihood of the claim that there's been any sort of change.

The intention of the change was to make rewards more even for everyone, so there is not a huge gap between new players and veterans (more than 1 year).The change only affected whether Magic Find applied to Pieces of Unidentified Gear (blue, green, or rare), and the drop tables of those containers; nothing else was changed.

However, it sure feels like the rewards drop rate when leveling up in WvW for all players has been Nerfed.Again, there's not enough data to evaluate that claim.

What they need is new useful upgrades when u rank up in wvw. Im almost 1200 rank and I have almost maxed everything. At 1700 you gain access to the fancy glowly armors and such. So thats 500 ranks of sheer nothingness. Is there not a person at Anet with one day to propose something for players within 500 ranks?

Don't get me wrong, I like this game its still pretty fun, but wow. And after 1700? I've seen people with ranks over 5000 and these players get literally nothing in return for their enthusiasm for the game and these people are the best advertisers as they are usually the ones creating interesting experiences for newer players.

Couldn't somebody at some point spend one weekend not drinking the beers and try to help these players who have pretty much sustained the wvw aspect which is in the games name but does little enough.

I can't really say about drops, but I can say with 100% certainty that I have not seen an Ascended Item from rank ups since HoT hit and introduced the badges.

The chance at Ascended Armor was part of what got me into the mode. My first two ascended armor parts came from WvW rank ups.

I've also been seeing more exotic and ascended drops as of late (I think somewhere around 294% MF) from bodies of all types.

As for level rewards, I think I've gotten a couple ascended rings within the past week.

None of this is hard evidence, but I personally feel like I'm getting better drops lately. With the price of yellows having gone up quite a bit since the MF change, it's a decent time to make gold.

@"Lobsters.3869" said:What they need is new useful upgrades when u rank up in wvw. Im almost 1200 rank and I have almost maxed everything. At 1700 you gain access to the fancy glowly armors and such. So thats 500 ranks of sheer nothingness. Is there not a person at Anet with one day to propose something for players within 500 ranks?

Don't get me wrong, I like this game its still pretty fun, but wow. And after 1700? I've seen people with ranks over 5000 and these players get literally nothing in return for their enthusiasm for the game and these people are the best advertisers as they are usually the ones creating interesting experiences for newer players.

Couldn't somebody at some point spend one weekend not drinking the beers and try to help these players who have pretty much sustained the wvw aspect which is in the games name but does little enough.

As a person who has almost 4000 wxp I'm not sure where the 'nothing' comes from. Seriously I simply don't play WvW for any sort of rewards. It's all gravy at the end of the day. I play wvw exclusively because that's the part of gw2 that I love most. PVE? ugh... I could go there and get 'more shinies' but that's not what it's all about for me. If you ask pretty much any real seasoned wvw person (however many of us are left that is), you'll find that we simply don't really care about "rewards" other than the reward of kicking enemy butt when we can...

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or cause an argument... it's just how most of us old timers feel ;)

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

@Lobsters.3869 said:What they need is new useful upgrades when u rank up in wvw. Im almost 1200 rank and I have almost maxed everything. At 1700 you gain access to the fancy glowly armors and such. So thats 500 ranks of sheer nothingness. Is there not a person at Anet with one day to propose something for players within 500 ranks?

As a person who has almost 4000 wxp

So you are almost to rank #1??

?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Lobsters.3869 said:What they need is new useful upgrades when u rank up in wvw. Im almost 1200 rank and I have almost maxed everything. At 1700 you gain access to the fancy glowly armors and such. So thats 500 ranks of sheer nothingness. Is there not a person at Anet with one day to propose something for players within 500 ranks?

As a person who has almost 4000 wxp

So you are almost to rank #1??

?

almost!!! yaaaa

@"OutOfOrder.3719" said:With the changes to drop rates and magic find, has the rewards in WvW become even worse than before?

Now I'm lucky to get 1 unidentified rare when it's normal to get 2 unidentied uncommon greens.

Although pip rewards are good on their own, it sure felt more rewarding than it is now.

I have roughly 215% magic find and I was wondering if any one else felt the drop rate from leveling up in WvW has been reduced?

The intention of the change was to make rewards more even for everyone, so there is not a huge gap between new players and veterans (more than 1 year).

However, it sure feels like the rewards drop rate when leveling up in WvW for all players has been Nerfed.

As a personal opinion, I don't think something was reduced.I remember a commercial highlighting the low prices of a product by the phrase " Cheaper than this means for free". Quoting this and applying it to the WvW reward we can say "Reduced rewards means no rewards". This is the reason I think the rewards are not reduced. Because the actual rewards in WvW are so small that reducing something means annihilating them.

@"Lobsters.3869" said:What they need is new useful upgrades when u rank up in wvw. Im almost 1200 rank and I have almost maxed everything. At 1700 you gain access to the fancy glowly armors and such. So thats 500 ranks of sheer nothingness. Is there not a person at Anet with one day to propose something for players within 500 ranks?

As a person who has almost 4000 wxp I'm not sure where the 'nothing' comes from. Seriously I simply don't play WvW for any sort of rewards. It's all gravy at the end of the day. I play wvw exclusively because that's the part of gw2 that I love most. PVE? ugh... I could go there and get 'more shinies' but that's not what it's all about for me. If you ask pretty much any real seasoned wvw person (however many of us are left that is), you'll find that we simply don't really care about "rewards" other than the reward of kicking enemy butt when we can...

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or cause an argument... it's just how most of us old timers feel ;)

To Balt’s point: it’s not that we don’t want rewards. It’s just that if it was rewards that were driving those of us who have played the mode consistently, we wouldn’t be playing WvW.

To the OP: the drops I have received over the years in WvW have been cyclical. I’ll go weeks without an ascended drop, then get an armor piece and a weapon within a day of each other.

And I am honestly glad I am not getting many rings....

You likely are in a ‘dry’ patch but more than likely it’s just business as usual.

@LetoII.3782 said:

Salvage 'em. The stabilizing hoozawotsits are good gold
or
you can make dancing girls for your guild hall with them, my personal choice

Matrixes. Though the chance from rings is really low...

But yeah... I need em for my heavy armor..

Have light and medium. I shouldn’t have taken that dang break....

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Salvage 'em. The stabilizing hoozawotsits are good gold
or
you can make dancing girls for your guild hall with them, my personal choice

Matrixes. Though the chance from rings is really low...

But yeah... I need em for my heavy armor..

Have light and medium. I shouldn’t have taken that dang break....

There's dancing men too if that's your thing