[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Hey Arenanet, with one of your latest patches, you changed the item loot with unidentified gear. I think this was a good idea, but it brings up another "problem".The space in my inventory is limited, but i often use the "salvage Stack"-option, but this selects all items up to the amount of Kits. I always want to open the unidentified gear items -> sometimes you get an "higher item".But now, lets say i open 15 unidentified gear (inventory full), i can't use the "salvage Stack" option anymore, cause it would salvage 10 of the unidentified gear items. I have to salavage each item manually.

Can you please bring a "unselect option" within the "Salvae Stack"-Method? Thank you.

@"Sepobi.2984" said:Hey Arenanet, with one of your latest patches, you changed the item loot with unidentified gear. I think this was a good idea, but it brings up another "problem".The space in my inventory is limited, but i often use the "salvage Stack"-option, but this selects all items up to the amount of Kits. I always want to open the unidentified gear items -> sometimes you get an "higher item".But now, lets say i open 15 unidentified gear (inventory full), i can't use the "salvage Stack" option anymore, cause it would salvage 10 of the unidentified gear items. I have to salavage each item manually.

Can you please bring a "unselect option" within the "Salvae Stack"-Method? Thank you.

Buy some account wide slots put the unided blue, green and yellow there and you wont salvage them.EditCheaper option if you only play on 1-3 toons is to buy another bag slot for each and invisible bags fill it up with usefull stuff and the unided your carrying around and that works too.

Can the LFG Fractal sections be available based off your AR and not personal fractal level. Its frustrating not being able to look/queue for the appropriate group... i had to get someone to join my party to queue and get them to leave. I've 50AR and a personal fractal level of 14 which should allow me up to nearly the end of T2 at level 40.

Please add character related key bindings and weapon set related key bindings.Different professions and weapons have its own unique skill sets that are very inconvenient to bind on the same keys.

Key bindings should be changing when you swap weapons and when you select other characters.

That is one of basic MMO mechanics, why we still do not have it?

Wood Economy Rebalance and Artifice Wood Cost Rebalance PLEASE

Please rebalance the wood economy ( more specifically wood per plank ratio )Unlike Ore which can be found above ground, underwater, and through tons of different salvage options as well as loot bags.Wood can only be found above ground and very limited salvage and extremely rarely in loot bags.

Artifice especially is hurt the most with the extreme crafting cost of wood items.

To put it into perspective most Artifice items require 6 planks.1 plank = 3 woodThat is 18 wood per basic item. Then you how dowel which costs 1 more plank. Which makes it 21 wood per item.1 Tree gives 3 - 4 wood ( most often 3 ).Which means 1 staff takes 7 trees to make!

If you identify recipes for every combination you only get about 46 levels.To get to level 75 artifice you need essentially more than 500+ wood.

Solution

1. 2 wood = 1 plank
  2. All artifice wood costs reduced by 1 - 2 planks.
  3. 6 Plank Artifice cost items reduced to 4
  4. 5 Plank Artifice cost items reduced to 3

Another option is to Double or Triple the XP gains to artifice crafting when crafting items.That way you can craft left items to level up the Artifice crafting tree.

This would help Artifice wood economy immensely.

Some small things:

• Enable the right click functionality of bonus chests on chests earned through Beetle Races and Timed events. It's only annoying because these are the only bonus chests that you can't accept with a single right click.
  • The "Sign up for the race" prompt that appears when you enter the starting area of a race should autoclose shortly after you leave said area.
  • A keybind to directly go into decorator mode in the guild halls.
  • The decoration select window should retain the search prompt between closing and opening again until I exit decorator mode.
  • Not sure if it's mechanical issue or if it can be fixed at all, but it can be really annoying when an enemy keeps the player in combat long after its death, despawning or simply moving out of accessibility and so virtually losing aggro to the player.

@"Kaidan.6509" said:Wood Economy Rebalance and Artifice Wood Cost Rebalance PLEASE...

This isn't a Quality-of-Life change. It's a feature update.If you are having trouble levelling artificer, this might be of use to you.

@hugo.4705 said:Weapon swap for all professions.

Do you mean how Elementalists and Engineers can only equip one set? Yeah, it's not exactly QoL, but a core feature of those professions. Not gonna happen.

Ability to filter by number of items in your bank or material storage. I often want to see what material slots are full, or near capacity. Since there is already an option to filter by name, maybe add something like > 240, <5, = 250 as options to the filter which show stacks greate than 240, less than 5, or that have 250 (these are example numbers - end user can put in any numbers they want)

@MikeG.6389 said:

@"Kaidan.6509" said:

This isn't a Quality-of-Life change. It's a feature update.If you are having trouble levelling artificer,

Guides are not useful because the reality of the situation is it is poorly balanced, to begin with. The requirements for Artifice, in general, are much higher than any other profession. Since the supply is much lower and the requirements are much higher.

In order for Artifice to be balanced with other professions in terms of leveling vs quantity of materials needed. It needs major reduction in materials in relation to how much materials are obtainable from the map. Which is only half of the ore. So it would make sense the requirements should be half.

Please add these features to the graphics section of the options panel:

1. Hide minis. Hide all player minis except your own. This will help reduce lags especially in large scale events and wvw.
  2. Adjust level of detail of other player's skill effects. We should be able to scale the quality of effects as needed to reduce lag and screen clutter due to particle effects and flashes.

@Kaidan.6509 said:

This isn't a Quality-of-Life change. It's a feature update.If you are having trouble levelling artificer,

Guides are not useful because the reality of the situation is it is poorly balanced, to begin with. The requirements for Artifice, in general, are much higher than any other profession. Since the supply is much lower and the requirements are much higher.

In order for Artifice to be balanced with other professions in terms of leveling vs quantity of materials needed. It needs major reduction in materials in relation to how much materials are obtainable from the map. Which is only half of the ore. So it would make sense the requirements should be half.

It seems you didn't follow the link, which is fine. Here is another one that shows you why artificer is not more expensive to level up than the other weaponcrafting disciplines. It draws prices real time, so there shouldn't be any arguments against relevance. But fine, I don't want to argue about that.

What you want is still not a simple Quality-of-Life change, but a feature update. And of something that you only have to do once on an account, really.

Has anyone made the suggestion of just making the Warclaw utilize the masteries of the Raptor in PvE? I get it, its a wvw mount, but i'd like to run around on my big kitty, and not basically be penalized for it. I mean, its actually slower than the Raptor... I would suggest a mastery you have to get in PoF, like as an addition to the Raptor mount line of Masteries.. could take 4 more points, and just be like "The Warclaw now benefits from Canyon Jump, and moves faster in Tyria." or maybe even just its own Mastery in the PoF tab. i dont mind the 1 skill not being much more than just a big spike of damage, just the fact that its slower and has like, no leap, when cats are very well known for pouncing and leaping... eh, anyway... a Mastery for Warclaw to make it function similarly to Raptor(when it already kinda does anyway) but ONLY in PvE, would be great.

QOL suggestions: How about Ascended gathering, logging, and harvesting tools ... include a second or possibly 3 glyph slot!!in the BLTC, i would like a tab to not show things i already have , such as: dyes, minis, etcA day/night timer might be good to have.build templates would be good also. i think y'all are working on it!The ability to switch mounts without having to dismount, and then remount the next one.An extra slot or two at the bottom of the screen so that we can quickly use consumables, without having to open inventory, use items, then close inventory. Or, assign certain iventory slots with keysand, if we throw away junk, get rid of the dialog box asking if you want to destroy item, ITS JUNK!Ohh! INFINITE TRANSMUTATION STONES!

QoL Suggestion: It would be nice to have a toggle button in the Black Lion Trading Post to show owned or omit owned items or skins. It would be similar to the "Only Show Available" Option that we can currently use in filters. Example for QoL : I occasionaly like to search for Miniatures, Recipes, and/or Dyes then sort the search by price to determine if I can afford to purhase something new. However, I then have to scroll over each item to see if that item is unlocked on my account. If I could toggle off the show unlocked/owned items, my search would be much more efficient.

Rollerbeetle QoL improvement: when we whip out this mount, please let us start with at least half an endurance bar full, instead of an empty one. I do not think that is too overpowered. I understand the delay they built in but for me this is pretty much why I never use the beetle, not even in the desert. By the time I can finally speed that thing up, I would have been halfway where I want to go with my Raptor. I do use that mount endurance buff but even with that it just takes too long to rev it up.

I think the beetle already has enough other drawbacks , i.e. the tough maneuvering at high speed, and the fact that it slows down humongously when going up hill. Please let us get to speed with this mount faster then we can now.

NB: I am fine with the fact that the speedboost needs (and uses up) an entire Endurance bar: it's just starting up with a completely empty bar that kinda kills this mount for me.