Updated Upcoming Warclaw bug fixes/changes

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:after reading all this changes. i seems like anet didn't properly thought out the implementation of a mount in WvWIf you read the last almost 7 years of changes, its almost like nobody thought out anything for GW2.

Lets just go back to soulbound legendaries, combining two items to apply a skin on the desired gearstat, WvW zergs you cant even see because of culling and a single guild chat.

Everything is too op! And thats just the tip of the iceberg.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@gavyne.6847 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Only a quick update on mount stuff this week: We're adding a 5 second cool down on the Warclaw Mount skill if you dismount/are dismounted for any reason.

Good change Ben, smaller changes like these are much better than big ideas. Now remove stomp from skill 1 and add dismount to it, then we're set.

Almost agree.

I think dismount should be added to battle maul baseline and it should retain the stomp with mastery but only one targeted target.

No ranged dismount. That will just enable gankers and trolls.

And as skill 3 is currently useless, I'd rather see that turned into a skill where you can slowly (think chilled speed) tow siege to a new location.

And once they fix breaking into towers, I'd like to see the original jump distance back.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Only a quick update on mount stuff this week: We're adding a 5 second cool down on the Warclaw Mount skill if you dismount/are dismounted for any reason.

Good change Ben, smaller changes like these are much better than big ideas. Now remove stomp from skill 1 and add dismount to it, then we're set.

And once they fix breaking into towers,
I'd like to see the original jump distance back.

Well... you can still break into desert structures with current skills as well, so I don’t think we’ll see those changes anytime soon.

And a continued issue exists with it and Mesmer portals in at least one EBG tower which has been an issue since... well... always.

Never mind the Garry exploit in alpine.

These have existed pretty much since the start and haven’t been fixed for whatever reason. I don’t think the mount leap is going to change back as it has been the easiest fix to an exploit.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:Warclaw is gradually losing its usefulness with the cascading downgrades over the last month.

@Jaidy.1824 said:

GJ Adding a mount to wvw and nerf it to oblivion. Just remove the entire mount would be a better option.

People asked for:

• Mount. check
  • Ability to avoid gankers check. Get three, DareDevil level dodges
  • Speed buffs for all classes without sacrificing anything in their builds check. Even in enemy territory, speed is greater than the swiftness buff

And the things that were an issue: exploits into keeps with the mount? still an issueAbility to troll capture points with impunity currently still an issue, may changeAbility to avoid any melee player they don’t want to have to deal with still an issue

So... I think that they have seen the negatives that mounts have brought and are trying to reel them in without eliminating the first three items.

People said they only wanted a fads way to get back to the fights... Welp. That’s what you are getting and will continue to have. Without the rest of the toxicity creating features.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

How does this help at all? It's just a pointless minor aggravation for everyone and every play style. 2 things it will affect are someone killing a downed and 2 secs later mounting if they only hit the downed and are not in combat and all you gotta do is retreat a bit for 3 more secs and remount. Anyone looking to catch another mounted player now gets 5 extra seconds if they miss and the still mounted players gains more distance. What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this?

Which play style is that [what do you mean by every play style]?It's meant to curb continous insta stomps with mounts. You can still stomp with it. It is promoting unhealthy play styles so they have to deal with it bit by bit.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

How does this help at all? It's just a pointless minor aggravation for everyone and every play style. 2 things it will affect are someone killing a downed and 2 secs later mounting if they only hit the downed and are not in combat and all you gotta do is retreat a bit for 3 more secs and remount. Anyone looking to catch another mounted player now gets 5 extra seconds if they miss and the still mounted players gains more distance. What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this?

Which play style is that [what do you mean by every play style]?It's meant to curb continous insta stomps with mounts. You can still stomp with it. It is promoting unhealthy play styles so they have to deal with it bit by bit.

If a guy wants to be that vulture to kill a downed and remount hang around how is 5 secs gonna stop that. And of course when exactly does this scenario happen where you mount stomp remount mount stomp over and over never making contact with a non downed or getting hit by an opponent/aoe putting yourself in combat and how does 5 whole seconds deter this. Maybe play style was the wrong phrase but everyone at some point will dismount accidently or attempt a gank and get evaded by a mount and be stuck for 5 secs for no logical reason because of the idea it's the 1 guy chain mount stomping over and over all in less then 5 secs each time. It's a pointless change. Even pre mounts there was always the guys who fell behind cleaning up the downs.

You are right, maybe 5s is not enough, and others have suggested having it removed and replaced by a dismount instead would be more meaningful.

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:vulture stomping

lol - please someone make meme video about "vulture stomping" before it is nerfed

while you're making changes to warclaw - make it so ppl can't contest captures while leaping around on it pls. Had some terribad ele do this to me at camps all over a bl - it is annoying to have to waste skills to dismount them at camps with large capture circles where they can kite enemies around and easily get out of range along the outer perimeter

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:And the things that were an issue: exploits into keeps with the mount? still an issueAbility to troll capture points with impunity currently still an issue, may changeAbility to avoid any melee player they don’t want to have to deal with still an issueOnly that first one is even an actual issue (and iirc exploiting your way into structures is an issue predates the warclaw), the other two are just "I'm too lazy to bring a ranged weapon".

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:And the things that were an issue: exploits into keeps with the mount?
still an issue
Ability to troll capture points with impunity
currently still an issue, may change
Ability to avoid any melee player they don’t want to have to deal with
still an issue
Only that first one is even an actual issue (and iirc exploiting your way into structures is an issue predates the warclaw), the other two are just "I'm too lazy to bring a ranged weapon".

In your opinion, yes.

The same could be said about those that didn’t want to bring a non Zerg build into WvW and complain about getting ganked before.

Any skill, ability or trap that can be used to dismount someone instantly will lead to an even bigger sway in favour towards thieves who can already dance around huge numbers of players with no risk to themselves. The warclaw pounce is one of the only decently effective weapons against this insanely unbalanced WvW gank class, and allowing them to instantly dismount people gives them even more power.

@rapthorne.7345 said:Any skill, ability or trap that can be used to dismount someone instantly will lead to an even bigger sway in favour towards thieves who can already dance around huge numbers of players with no risk to themselves. The warclaw pounce is one of the only decently effective weapons against this insanely unbalanced WvW gank class, and allowing them to instantly dismount people gives them even more power.

How is the pounce an effective weapon against thief if you have to down them first?

@rapthorne.7345 said:Any skill, ability or trap that can be used to dismount someone instantly will lead to an even bigger sway in favour towards thieves who can already dance around huge numbers of players with no risk to themselves. The warclaw pounce is one of the only decently effective weapons against this insanely unbalanced WvW gank class, and allowing them to instantly dismount people gives them even more power.

Lol hit the thief twice and prob solved,pure l2p issue.very rarely see permastealth de/dd these days.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Only a quick update on mount stuff this week: We're adding a 5 second cool down on the Warclaw Mount skill if you dismount/are dismounted for any reason.

WvW only I assume? I noticed the jump off dismount change affected pve too.

Well.... it is a WvW Mount. That’s likely why the coding carries over to keep it different and thus, easier to code changes.

And... it’s a WvW Mount. Honestly, it offers nothing to PvE minus a skin.

All the mounts are fundamentally the same. Warclaw can't be CC'd because the pve mounts it's cloned from have their own special "freedom of movement" ruleset

@LetoII.3782 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Only a quick update on mount stuff this week: We're adding a 5 second cool down on the Warclaw Mount skill if you dismount/are dismounted for any reason.

WvW only I assume? I noticed the jump off dismount change affected pve too.

Well.... it is a WvW Mount. That’s likely why the coding carries over to keep it different and thus, easier to code changes.

And... it’s a WvW Mount. Honestly, it offers nothing to PvE minus a skin.

All the mounts are fundamentally the same. Warclaw can't be CC'd because the pve mounts it's cloned from have their own special "freedom of movement" ruleset

ho wait they didnt plan to put mount in WvW at the start of developping PoF? LUL

@yorick.1305 said:

@"Clownmug.8357" said:I still don't understand the necessity of the dismount skill. Is it that problematic for players to have to fight an opponent that can only run away or jump around in circles?

If that circle is a capture circle then yes.

There are still three dodges. And if someone can’t use those judiciously, on their way back to a Zerg, then that’s on them.

So you're saying the dismount skill can be dodged? Because I've seen nothing from ANET to indicate this. Please point me to that information.

I would not know if it can be dodged. But let me ask you how many skills are there that are un-dodge-able?

TLDR: only three CC effects can prevent dodges. But the skills that apply them are dodgable.

Considering this, I would have no reason to suspect that the mount wouldn’t be able to dodge said dismount skill.

And for now, the mount cannot be CC’d.

That's very interesting. I hope that is what ANET is planning, as I think if they want to introduce counterplay to mounts (dismount ability) then that too should have counterplay via dodging.

Agreed. Those that are upset about the mount being ‘nerfed’ need to remember that the mount introduction itself was a huge hit to a particular play style and while most people would agree that play style could be considered, let’s just say ‘toxic’, it was a play style that people enjoyed.

The mounts abilities led to some likely unintended consequences (as it’s abilities have been adjusted) which is being brought back into what is considered to be a somewhat tenable compromise.

The mount will still give speed and dodges allowing people to get back to the Zerg faster and safer than before the mount, but it won’t be a ‘free pass’,

Not enjoyed by the poor soul on the receiving end of it!

Give me a PvP game where it is a very enjoyable experience to die.