Future change to Raid Reward Delivery

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey folks,

With the next raid release, I've made a change that will move raid rewards out of the Boss Statue world-chest and into a bouncy chest that will be delivered when a boss encounter is successfully completed. This is to ensure that people who disconnect or otherwise leave an instance without interacting with said chest will still receive their rewards. The chests themselves will still appear, and there will still be some loot on them (in the form of unidentified gear) but all the rewards you'd normally expect to see in that chest have been relocated to the bouncy chest.

Thanks!

.b

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Byron Miller.4629 said:Hey folks,

With the next raid release, I've made a change that will move raid rewards out of the Boss Statue world-chest and into a bouncy chest that will be delivered when a boss encounter is successfully completed. This is to ensure that people who disconnect or otherwise leave an instance without interacting with said chest will still receive their rewards. The chests themselves will still appear, and there will still be some loot on them (in the form of unidentified gear) but all the rewards you'd normally expect to see in that chest have been relocated to the bouncy chest.

Thanks!

.b

Same thing for fractals?

When will the loot change... To something worth playing for please. Right now it isnmt that great and I think it could be better to boost the hype for raids.

Especially CMs and their dofficulty. Should be also more encouragement for them . Because 1 time get it? Got my achievement next time I do it... Here is you unid and low chance of ascended rip

@Fenom.9457 said:Ahh for a second I’d hoped it might somehow be related to making legendary armor with unique skins more attainable for everyone some way or another

If legendary armor is something you want and don't want to raid, you can obtain it through PvP or WvW. The skins aren't as fancy but it's functionally exactly the same as the raid legendary armor. I've personally changed the appearance of my WvW legendary armor to something else since I care more about the stat changing and easy rune/infusion swapping.

Of course, this is a problem if you don't like PvP or WvW. Still, it's a decent alternative if you aren't into raiding and just want the functionality of legendary armor. The downside is it takes a minimum of 21 weeks to make. But hey, you'll never have to craft armor for the character you make it for ever again. =)

@"Fenom.9457" said:Ahh for a second I’d hoped it might somehow be related to making legendary armor with unique skins more attainable for everyone some way or another

Are you asking for the specific skins or the stat/upgrade swap? Or both?

Zedd already covered the other options for the stats swap. I don't think Anet will suddenly change "legendary raid skin from doing raids" to "legendary raid skin from doing arbitrary stuff outside raids." In the same fashion Ad Infinitum will stay locked behind fractals and Aurora will stay locked behind LS season 3.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Ahh for a second I’d hoped it might somehow be related to making legendary armor with unique skins more attainable for everyone some way or another

Why?

Always hopeful

I wasnt making myself clear. Why are you hoping for that? All other "locked" rewards are fine but this one isnt?

@Zedd.8239 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:Ahh for a second I’d hoped it might somehow be related to making legendary armor with unique skins more attainable for everyone some way or another

If legendary armor is something you want and don't want to raid, you can obtain it through PvP or WvW.So, basically, same as with raids, through content that a vast majority of players simply do not play.

Of course, this is a problem if you don't like PvP or WvW. Still, it's a decent alternative if you aren't into raiding and just want the functionality of legendary armor.The proble is with the "decent" part. It is indeed an alternative, but for most players it's exactly as unappealing as the original method.

So, while it is nice for WvW players, it doesn't really help with the issue for most of the PvE ones.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

If legendary armor is something you want and don't want to raid, you can obtain it through PvP or WvW.So, basically, same as with raids, through content that a vast majority of players simply do not play.

Of course, this is a problem if you don't like PvP or WvW. Still, it's a decent alternative if you aren't into raiding and just want the functionality of legendary armor.The proble is with the "decent" part. It is indeed an alternative, but for most players it's exactly as unappealing as the original method.

So, while it is nice for WvW players, it doesn't really help with the issue for most of the PvE ones.

Why exactly one needs legendary armor if they don't raid or wvw?