SAB 2020: a suggestion

Dear devs,

it is unknown to us whether you have future plans for SAB or whether it will remain as it is forever. But in case you are considering to add new playable content for SAB, my suggestion would be to simply remove the World 4 hut from the hub and make World 3 the final chapter for this content. That way, you'd have less work and we could finally save the princess. ;)

Just a thought. :)

@hugo.4705 said:Hmm, whereas I want to agree.... I would like to see the two complete worlds: As the weapons set name told us, I want to fight The crimson assassin and the kaiser snake. So, a great buzz + revamp of Sab for 2020. My personnal through is I agree to lose 1 more month waiting for the next ls, if it allows them to finish that festival. One of the major priority for me. We compare a content doable in 4 days by speed runners every 3 months (ls) with a whole new style of activity here for 1 month each YEAR, sab is more important for me, 6 years, and still unfinished.

It is not a joke anymore, for many players it's CONTENT.

I get where you come from.But for another many players it still is a joke, one in poor taste still. That said, i won't deny others their fun, but i implore anet to balance the energy put into a secondary festival, when the primary festivals, or heck, even the current living world is suffering from a slow pace of content. When was the last 'current event'? Too long, in my opinion.

I think if they ever plan to continue they should still make world 3 and 4, but maybe just make them 2 zones instead of 3, and a third zone dedicated to the boss fight. Maybe 1 or 2 checkpoints worth of pathing at best.

E.g., world 3, zone 1, a cavern with running water and falls. A descending/spelunking kind of level where the torch and shovel are key tools. At the end a cove with a shipwreck and a cartoony skeleton pirate.Then zone 2 which leads back into a jungle-like area, with some aztec-ish structures.Then the level ends in one such temple, which then leads into zone 3, which is a boss fight with the Kaiser Snake, which could be a parody of quetzal.

Then world 4, zone 1 leads into the darker realms and mountains. Zone 2 leads into a village where the Crimson Assassin is the boss. Zone 3 will be the keep where the villain and princess are.

And underneath the mask of the BBEEAT we find.. dhuum dhuum dhuuuuuuum! A PARODY OF JOKO (fully intended to mock him, of course)

But in all seriousness. SAB is fun from time to time as long as i get to turn of all audio. Yet, I'd rather see SAB die, and get a current event between every living world release. But that's because i still believe all energy should go to the real game first, and only then the festivals with wintersday and Halloween at the top of the list.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:But in all seriousness. SAB is fun from time to time as long as i get to turn of all audio.

What? Thats the best part. Playing that 10-15sek music track over and over again when you hit your head against the tribulation mode wall.then waking up in the middle of the night dreaming from SAB and have that sweet little music track in your head.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:But in all seriousness. SAB is fun from time to time as long as i get to turn of all audio.

What? Thats the best part. Playing that 10-15sek music track over and over again when you hit your head against the tribulation mode wall.then waking up in the middle of the night dreaming from SAB and have that sweet little music track in your head.

I don't mind the graphics, although I'm no fan of them. I quite hate the graphics when i see them out in the open world. It just contrasts too much. But the graphics i can stand, inside SAB.

Now, the music, on the other hand.I would rather have Dhuum sing an opera, while accompanied buy the wailing shrieks of the damned supported by music played on saws and rusty nails.. than ever turning on the audio in SAB.

disclaimer: I'm exaggerating, Dhuum's wailing isn't that bad compared to SAB

Honestly I don’t care that much, as a number of players don’t. The lore explaining SAB works technically, but it just doesn’t fit in right. It seems off to me, and besides that the content is more annoying than anything else. This is just me, but there are those of us who absolutely do NOT want to lose any time towards the next episode waiting for more of this

@"Fenom.9457" said:Honestly I don’t care that much, as a number of players don’t.

I didn't, either, until I actually gave it a real go this year. Before that, I only entered it once to get the Bee Dog cat for the home instance, and I felt that this was the most painful, most annoying content ever.

The lore explaining SAB works technically, but it just doesn’t fit in right.

It fits in as little (or as much) as the rest of Asuran technology. I am more annoyed by their constant computer tech taking away my part of making discoveries and finding solutions than I am by their SAB simulator that doesn't affect my gameplay in the actual world of Tyria.

It seems off to me, and besides that the content is more annoying than anything else.

Maybe if you gave it a try with a positive attitude, getting to learn the mechanics etc., it would make you enjoy this festival's content as much as I have learnt to enjoy it within the past week (no one was more surprised than I was). :) I already finished all the achievement^ and am now a proud owner of the "Honors in Applied Jumping" title.

^) except for all of the Tribulation Mode ones, which I might save for later or never do, because that is truly testing one's patience ;)

@lokh.2695 said:But there is a plan for future SAB content. It's an anual festival now, frozen in time with no changes to content ever. So, the plan is to bury it along with all the other abandoned content.

The fact that every festival got updates last year and this time around kinda broke that awful cycle. Would have agreed with you besides a smug chuckle otherwise

@gateless gate.8406 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@gateless gate.8406 said:We are approaching
SIX YEARS
since the release of World 2.

SIX YEARS.

Any yet there are still players who imagine world 3 is coming one day. It boggles the mind . . .

An Asura can dream.

Tbh I would be super excited about it myself but dread it at the same time. I don't think there is any way they could implement it after all this time in a way that wouldn't be a letdown, or if it was implemented in a way that appealed to me I think a lot of other ppl would be really unhappy with it . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@gateless gate.8406 said:We are approaching
SIX YEARS
since the release of World 2.

SIX YEARS.

Any yet there are still players who imagine world 3 is coming one day. It boggles the mind . . .

An Asura can dream.

Tbh I would be super excited about it myself but dread it at the same time. I don't think there is any way they could implement it after all this time in a way that wouldn't be a letdown, or if it was implemented in a way that appealed to me I think a lot of other ppl would be really unhappy with it . . .

This is my first year doing SAB but I would be interested in more SAB content no matter what it is.

What I've been wanting is an endless super adventure tonic. I'm surprised they haven't made one yet.

Individual tonics for various SAB creatures would be nice, but I'd settle for a single tonic that gives a random transformation. I really want to run around as a super beedog or bunny. Maybe even a SAB snake or monkey. Perhaps as next year's reward for completing the (Annual) Super Adventure Box Nostalgia achievement.

Various SAB transformations already exist in the game and at least some include costume brawl skills. But you can only get transformed into a random SAB creature by interacting with a super adventure box 'o fun, and the transformations only last about 30 seconds.

@Blocki.4931 said:Honestly this year the trampolines and bouncing mushrooms are broken more than ever. That needs to be fixed for next year. Gotta love bouncing, then randomly you don't bounce next time and walk off. Awful. Absolutely awful.

Oh good, so I'm not the only one that noticed this. Not sure what they did, but my girlfriend was having so much trouble with them as her first introduction to SAB and as I was doing Trib, they just weren't working very well like the did the previous two years I did it.

Hmm, whereas I want to agree.... I would like to see the two complete worlds: As the weapons set name told us, I want to fight The crimson assassin and the kaiser snake. So, a great buzz + revamp of Sab for 2020. My personnal through is I agree to lose 1 more month waiting for the next ls, if it allows them to finish that festival. One of the major priority for me. We compare a content doable in 4 days by speed runners every 3 months (ls) with a whole new style of activity here for 1 month each YEAR, sab is more important for me, 6 years, and still unfinished.

It is not a joke anymore, for many players it's CONTENT.

If instead of 3 months between ls, we have 4 months, the last one can be used to develop sab, so would be finished for march 2021.W3 and 4 like w1, because w2 is too long (around 9 sub zones)

*changed the end, because the comment was removed for 1 word.