put more loot inside Towers and castles

Balsa.3951

I find it amusing that you get the same reward for flipping a paper keep in a few mins compared to T3 keep which probably take forever yet 'scaling' exists regarding killing players who've been alive for longer including event completion (bronze/silv/gold).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zephyra.4709 said:I find it amusing that you get the same reward for flipping a paper keep in a few mins compared to T3 keep which probably take forever yet 'scaling' exists regarding killing players who've been alive for longer including event completion (bronze/silv/gold).

The advantage of flipping the higher tiered keep is that you rob your opponent of the increased ppt . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:This isn't a terrible idea, but I would argue that wvw should do more to attract ppl who like to fight bc fights and less to attract ppl who like loot. We all have pve for that . . .

Maybe beter would’be to remove all loot from structures and give treasure chest every 1h of structure holding, eachbstructure would give unique items and mats compared with other structures.

That just encourages ppl to siege up their structures and hide inside . . .

I think they've got rewards right as it is: Award participation over time and define participation as pretty much any constructive thing anyone might feel like doing . . .

That’s ironic isn’t it? Ppl wanted more pvp in wvw and less pve but when u encourage people to actively defend keeps and produce pvp people complain again?

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:This isn't a terrible idea, but I would argue that wvw should do more to attract ppl who like to fight bc fights and less to attract ppl who like loot. We all have pve for that . . .

Maybe beter would’be to remove all loot from structures and give treasure chest every 1h of structure holding, eachbstructure would give unique items and mats compared with other structures.

I think they've got rewards right as it is: Award participation over time and define participation as pretty much any constructive thing anyone might feel like doing . . .

That’s ironic isn’t it? Ppl wanted more pvp in wvw and less pve but when u encourage people to actively defend keeps and produce pvp people complain again?

I know right!? It's almost as if all they want to do is run around on an open map looking for weaker opponents to kill or they can gang up on.

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:"people with shinies drop more loot" is better :trollface:

Allow full loot for killing other players. Take their items just like in oldschool runescape. Then we'll see all the players running around shaking with real fear. It's the only way to encourage pvp and get all of the pvers with their legendaries to quit the game.

@getalifeturd.8139 said:

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:"people with shinies drop more loot" is better :trollface:

Allow full loot for killing other players. Take their items just like in oldschool runescape. Then we'll see all the players running around shaking with real fear. It's the only way to encourage pvp and get all of the pvers with their legendaries to quit the game.

Bcs true pvpler like run around in under pants ?

@Balsa.3951 said:Bcs true pvpler like run around in under pants ?

It's called risk vs reward. If you want your advantages of ascended or legendary stat swap then you risk it. If you want to run around in exotics purchased with the excess badges of honor wvwers have then do so. It's up to you but of course Arenanet would never add such hardcore mechanics to a casual game. Players wouldn't even leave spawn in this game if such a thing existed. Goes to show that all the real pvp goes on in other games.

@"Balsa.3951" said:there should be way more reason to get the main castle in EBG under control. loot boxes which refresh every half hour if u hold objectives and a lot of loot if u take one

Look, i get it, people want to incentivise attacking things. It's the glamorous side of WvW, but you HAVE to consider defending at the same time. I think it's important that defending be recognised and rewarded.If attacking is overemphasised to such a great degree, it won't be long before we hear, "just let them cap it because we get more for recapping than for defending" .

@"gavyne.6847" said:Taking T3 keeps are such a pain that most just avoid them completely. Currently the "reward" for attacking T3 keeps is to hope to draw enemy groups to you so you can have a fight.

Unfortunately sometimes enemies just decide to stay inside the keeps and you end up wasting a lot of time waiting for them to come out. Whatever rewards they add to WvW, they really need to be more about player engagement.

The incentive to attack T3 stuff is to knock off their Waypoints. That's the key-with waypoints their time-to-entry to your side of the map is reduced, you make life difficult for them, embarrass them, demoralise them.

Attacking T3 things is an onus that is placed upon commanders. As you note, much of the time players will hang about inside T3s, scouting, defending - that's not by choice. That's usually because they have no commander. Attacking only happens when a side has a commander.

Conversely, if you make the rewards about player engagement, as you suggest, you will advocate a meta of "standing in a field" trading kills and ignoring structures entirely. Whatever they implement MUST encourage both player interaction AND objectives - if they want the game played as intended.

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Ppl avoid defended keeps precisely bc it limits pvp . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

so ur logic is nobody inside a keep is pvp except the npcs..... OKEY

@Svarty.8019 said:

@"Balsa.3951" said:there should be way more reason to get the main castle in EBG under control. loot boxes which refresh every half hour if u hold objectives and a lot of loot if u take one

Look, i get it, people want to incentivise attacking things. It's the glamorous side of WvW, but you HAVE to consider defending at the same time. I think it's important that defending be recognised and rewarded.If attacking is overemphasised to such a great degree, it won't be long before we hear, "just let them cap it because we get more for recapping than for defending" .

thats exactly why i wrote that by holding keeps a treasure chest or something else will spawn periodic. The idea is to make holding and attacking harder to archive objectives more rewarding

@getalifeturd.8139 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:Bcs true pvpler like run around in under pants ?

It's called risk vs reward. If you want your advantages of ascended or legendary stat swap then you risk it. If you want to run around in exotics purchased with the excess badges of honor wvwers have then do so. It's up to you but of course Arenanet would never add such hardcore mechanics to a casual game. Players wouldn't even leave spawn in this game if such a thing existed. Goes to show that all the real pvp goes on in other games.

thats anyway to far away from topic.

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

You don't seem to be very interested in an honest discourse on this topic, which is confusing since you are the OP. Why did you begin the topic if you were not seeking feedback from others . . ?

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

You don't seem to be very interested in an honest discourse on this topic, which is confusing since you are the OP. Why did you begin the topic if you were not seeking feedback from others . . ?

U be heard don’t worry , also I’m happy it seems I be heard as well and anet plan on implementing something not so far from my suggestion.

Devs want to add rewards for attacking defended objectives instead of win trading, rewards for attacking a defended keep should be better than rewards for an empty keep, rewards should scale with structure level, still in paper design phase and devs hope to start prototyping soon

@Balsa.3951 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

U be heard don’t worry , also I’m happy it seems I be heard as well and anet plan on implementing something not so far from my suggestion.

Devs want to add rewards for attacking defended objectives instead of win trading, rewards for attacking a defended keep should be better than rewards for an empty keep, rewards should scale with structure level, still in paper design phase and devs hope to start prototyping soon

I think players just want to be high rewarded by figthing smallers groups while their group has tons of scourges, fb, hammer spam revs etc...then say we areall about fights we dont care about strutures rewards....

I do like the incentivation of creating pvp arround strucutres, and the rewards system dev's talked about looked very interesting.

Rewards should scale based on how many people you defeated to take/complete an objective.

Your small 6 man havoc took a tower while under assault from 15 defenders? >>> More loot

Your 50 man zerg took an undefended tower in less than 2 mins? <<<<< significantly less loot

WvW should not reward bad behavior.

@"GUFF.5692" said:Rewards should scale based on how many people you defeated to take/complete an objective.

Your small 6 man havoc took a tower while under assault from 15 defenders? >>> More loot

Your 50 man zerg took an undefended tower in less than 2 mins? <<<<< significantly less loot

hey hey hey, how do i know where the enemy is? if my enemy don't come to defend their tower/ keep, that's not my fault, why do i get punishment? bad behavior? you mean if i ram the gate and like when it down to 50% and there's no one come then i should stop and leave because if i continue on ramming and capping it that's a "bad behavior"? your suggestion makes no sense and will instantly kill WvW.

@EmeraldNight.4307 said:

@"GUFF.5692" said:Rewards should scale based on how many people you defeated to take/complete an objective.

hey hey hey, how do i know where the enemy is? if my enemy don't come to defend their tower/ keep, that's not my fault, why do i get punishment? bad behavior? you mean if i ram the gate and like when it down to 50% and there's no one come then i should stop and leave because if i continue on ramming and capping it that's a "bad behavior"? your suggestion makes no sense and will instantly kill WvW.

I wanted to give arguments on what you say to prove you wrong. Then i Read your post again and Saw you had none....so i will Just say'no'

Then they have to code in some kind of participation system. Otherwise people will flood the map to get into the structure for their loot. The Warclaw queues were nothing compared to the kittenstorm that would bring.

We already have a participation system, so simply sitting around won't do much. However we might need a participation system per map.More ppl in WvW would be an awesome thing; of course the mode would have to be adapted to accomodate the amount of players. More ppl in WvW, who are not of the elitist mindset would also generally help the mode a lot.

What we currently have does not scale, and it's sad we've been sitting on that kind of solution for a long time.

• 2 months later...

@GUFF.5692 said:Rewards should scale based on how many people you defeated to take/complete an objective.

WvW should not reward bad behavior.The problem is this discourages support roles because they don’t tag as well.