Fishing in GW2/Relaxing in game

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"zityz.6089" said:Only add in fishing if its over the top like in Yakuza 6.

I always cite FFXV as the best fishing-game experience I've seen so far. It was a better fishing simulator than JPRG, at least.

If it's just the "cast line, wait for bobber" thing, hard pass. It's boring and unnecessary.

Though now I might have to check out Yakuza 6. :P

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Naflie.3491 said:Hello!I really think this game is missing a fishing profession! I really love to do fishing in all other games and find it relaxing.Perhaps they could add it one day?:)Give it some special achievements or rewards! A fishy weapon!What do you guys think? Or what do you do in this game to relax in general?:)

Rather have the devs work on important things.

Enforcing useless content/mechanics is Anet moto....

I mean, I did enjoy the social aspect of fishing in Runescape... but, why would anyone want to fish in Gw2? It's not like we need food, and if you really wanted to afk fish while watching netflix, you could probably roleplay it for the same result by afk'ing near any body of water...

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:We already have spear fishing. Jump in and stab them fish!

Not like we do anything with fish anyway. Cooking's never going to hit 500. /shrug

In fact cooking 500 is apparently on its way.

Not holding my breath for it, but maybe we'll get sushi recipes. :)
And Cantha and Tengu to go with it

Canthan recipes :}

Hi. Don't know much about fishing in other games, but missed it here in some situations too.

At the Festival of the 4 winds i found the boattrip a wonderfull relaxing thing - and it would have been genius, if we could have done fishing there. Maybe this year? If we can't take a pole in our hands while sitting on that boat-chairs, let us rent one, thats fixed at the ships rail (or gunwale? not sure if thats the right term, have to translate it).2 different please, one small for small fishys (and asuran hands) and one big for big ones (and real Norn).

Another example is sun's Refuge, where i try to get a full stack of elonian red trouts (spawn sometimes instead of the salmons, if a quest is unlocked). Would be nice, if i could simply hang out a fishing line there, -but- then a connection to the Jahai-Mapchat should be available. Like for the homeinstances to the citys they're in, that would be fine, too. Fishing in a private instance, totally cut off from any communication is not the burner, i guess.(Oh, and by the way... on Helloween i missed the 7-bony Jokoranha spawning every 10th red trout or so... prepared for it, but didn't happen)

So, yes - chill to catch some fishys, different ones in different regions and/or different times - great!And then anet can sell me a fishing-chair. Complete with a charcoal grill, lighter cube, apron and barbeque tongs.Maybe that chair will give a bufffood extension... the time, u sit on it will be added to the food u eat there (or ate before). At least, when u eat the fish - or got cooking at 500? Hope (little bit off topic, but...) they don't forget to implement that chair (as well as the night watch stool) into wvw. Want to scout on top of the rampart a little bit more - comfortably.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! I will wait for fishing in GW2 forever. Only reason I'm still around is I'm waiting for:

• Fishing
  • Player housing

Either of those will get me extremely hyped.Thing is, stuff like Raiding and similar long-time group based commitments die out as you age/get that new job/just don't have time. I raided intensively for a year and a half, quit the game for a year because of burn out/real life lack of time.

Things like Fishing/Player Housing that can be progressed on at my own pace year after year - this is what'll keep me in GW2 for years to come. Assuming they get added. I have faith. :D

Love this game <3