Future change to Raid Reward Delivery

@phs.6089 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:Ahh for a second I’d hoped it might somehow be related to making legendary armor with unique skins more attainable for everyone some way or another

If legendary armor is something you want and don't want to raid, you can obtain it through PvP or WvW.So, basically, same as with raids, through content that a vast majority of players simply do not play.

Of course, this is a problem if you don't like PvP or WvW. Still, it's a decent alternative if you aren't into raiding and just want the functionality of legendary armor.The proble is with the "decent" part. It is indeed an alternative, but for most players it's exactly as unappealing as the original method.

So, while it is nice for WvW players, it doesn't really help with the issue for most of the PvE ones.

Why exactly one needs legendary armor if they don't raid or wvw?Why exactly one needs legendary armor if they do raid or wvw?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:Ahh for a second I’d hoped it might somehow be related to making legendary armor with unique skins more attainable for everyone some way or another

If legendary armor is something you want and don't want to raid, you can obtain it through PvP or WvW.So, basically, same as with raids, through content that a vast majority of players simply do not play.

Of course, this is a problem if you don't like PvP or WvW. Still, it's a decent alternative if you aren't into raiding and just want the functionality of legendary armor.The proble is with the "decent" part. It is indeed an alternative, but for most players it's exactly as unappealing as the original method.

So, while it is nice for WvW players, it doesn't really help with the issue for most of the PvE ones.

Why exactly one needs legendary armor if they don't raid or wvw?Why exactly one needs legendary armor if they do raid or wvw?

To have convenience to change start on go

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

To have convenience to change start on goWell, there you have your answer.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

To have convenience to change start on goWell, there you have your answer.

And if you dont raid or wvw what do you need to change your stats for?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@phs.6089 said:

For legendary weapon i need to do openworld, for griffon i need openworld, for warcraw i need wvw. For backpack fractaks or wvw.

For armor you need raids or wvw or pvp. Yes you can buy weapons for gold but you can do the same with armor.

Oh and i do need legendary armor because I use 7 diferent stat combinations not to mention 8 diferent runes and infusions. Just weapons and trinkets take 70 slots in my inventory so there wouldnt be enough space for another 7 sets

Edit: And also if you dont need it and we dont need it then there is no reason for anet to dedicate recourses to change that

@Awesumness.1823 said:

Are you asking for the specific skins or the stat/upgrade swap? Or both?

Zedd already covered the other options for the stats swap. I don't think Anet will suddenly change "legendary raid skin from doing raids" to "legendary raid skin from doing arbitrary stuff outside raids." In the same fashion Ad Infinitum will stay locked behind fractals and Aurora will stay locked behind LS season 3.

Skins. It can be extremely hard content from comepitive or fractals or a ton of grinding in PvE. I’d just love to have all legendary gear (in appearance too). It needn’t be as prestigious as the raid version, but I wish there was something

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Ahh for a second I’d hoped it might somehow be related to making legendary armor with unique skins more attainable for everyone some way or another

Why?

Always hopeful

I wasnt making myself clear. Why are you hoping for that? All other "locked" rewards are fine but this one isnt?

The other locked rewards are behind content that is far more accessible, it’s much easier to play alone or find a nicer group that to lose lots of time with raids. What I mean is not that the process of getting the skins should be easier, but the process of getting started. Finding 4 for fractals or jumping straight into PvP, WvW, or General PvE is easier and less stressful. I just want an armor set with uniquely legendary skins obtainable anywhere besides raids

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Ahh for a second I’d hoped it might somehow be related to making legendary armor with unique skins more attainable for everyone some way or another

Why?

Always hopeful

I wasnt making myself clear. Why are you hoping for that? All other "locked" rewards are fine but this one isnt?

The other locked rewards are behind content that is far more accessible, it’s much easier to play alone or find a nicer group that to lose lots of time with raids. What I mean is not that the process of getting the skins should be easier, but the process of getting started. Finding 4 for fractals or jumping straight into PvP, WvW, or General PvE is easier and less stressful. I just want an armor set with uniquely legendary skins obtainable anywhere besides raids

Anet has somewhat recognized this as an actual issue in the past (regardless of the very strong feelings of the regular raiders), but they don't have any foreseeable solution either - grouping up for raids is innately hard for a variety of reasons, including but not only having to find 10 people to group with.

I think the raiders also grossly underestimate how much people who play other modes actually value collecting skins, specially such unique ones that have on/off combat modes, no matter (again, people usually have a problem with considering their personal feelings to be the rule) if the armor is ugly or not to any raider personally. No, stat swapping is not enough, some people do want the skins - and yes, as a regular raider with legendary armors I can safely say by now it is much harder to group with people in raids than it is for any other mode, even though the content is not much harder than even T4 Fractals (actually easier in many cases).

The only possible point I can see is not clear cut on this issue is whether or not Anet can/should do anything about it. In my humble opinion, the social part of raids is an integral part of raiding. The minutes you spend with your teammates in the locker room before a sports match might not be called "doing a sport" but you can be sure it's an important part of it that you will remember. Anything Anet does to streamline the process and negate the social aspect of grouping with other people for raids, is going to likely be detrimental to the core experience of raiding in itself. Raids without socializing, even if socializing with pugs while waiting the LFG, is just a fancy boss rush mode where everyone has to rehearse their role. I'd much rather (like it seems you would be OK with) that they release more unique skins with toggle combat transformations for the other modes. This is something they said they would not do, but things change and who knows...

@Fenom.9457 said:

Zedd already covered the other options for the stats swap. I don't think Anet will suddenly change "legendary raid skin from doing raids" to "legendary raid skin from doing arbitrary stuff outside raids." In the same fashion Ad Infinitum will stay locked behind fractals and Aurora will stay locked behind LS season 3.

Skins. It can be extremely hard content from comepitive or fractals or a ton of grinding in PvE.The Raid specific skin should stay raid locked just as Ad Infinitum should stay fractal locked and Aurora should stay Season 3 locked. Those rewards are intertwined with their respective content and related collection steps. Perhaps a new set with a new look could be locked behind content other than PvP, WvW, Raids, and Fractals.It needn’t be as prestigious as the raid versionI can't tell you what to think, but trust me when I say very few people think the raid specific look is prestigious, much less the process of acquisition.

Why?

Always hopeful

[...] I just want an armor set with uniquely legendary skins obtainable anywhere besides raids

I like this idea, but I don't think this forum is going to gain the traction for such an ask. Although, what truly worries me about a new type of legendary armor is the extremely monotonous and time gated tasks it'll require, similar to Aurora and the Diviner's jewel.

@Linken.6345 said:And if you dont raid or wvw what do you need to change your stats for?The same reason as anyone else - to use a different build. Seriously, raids and WvW do not have monopoly on this.

@"Awesumness.1823" said:It seems this thread is under the "Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids" section, so maybe the people asking for stat swap on gear that's obtained outside of "Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids" should start a thread in that respective forum? :)There were several such threads. All were moved to raids subforum for some reason, however.

@Awesumness.1823 said:

Skins. It can be extremely hard content from comepitive or fractals or a ton of grinding in PvE.The Raid specific skin should stay raid locked just as Ad Infinitum should stay fractal locked and Aurora should stay Season 3 locked. Those rewards are intertwined with their respective content and related collection steps. Perhaps a new set with a new look could be locked behind content other than PvP, WvW, Raids, and Fractals.It needn’t be as prestigious as the raid versionI can't tell you what to think, but trust me when I say very few people think the raid specific look is prestigious, much less the process of acquisition.

Why?

Always hopeful

[...] I just want an armor set with uniquely legendary skins obtainable anywhere besides raids

I like this idea, but I don't think this forum is going to gain the traction for such an ask. Although, what truly worries me about a new type of legendary armor is the extremely monotonous and time gated tasks it'll require, similar to Aurora and the Diviner's jewel.

Yes just to be clear, I am not asking for the raid set to be obtainable anywhere else, a new set associated with some other content is what I’d like. Something more accessible than raids but still very hard to acquire since it’s legendary. Maybe a time commitment rather than the hardest content in game? Grinding over beating top of the line tough stuff less times?

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

For me vriffon is locked behind extremly hard content because i am falling asleep after 5 minutes in open world. There is no other way to get it.On the other hand you can BUY legendary armor from other players just as you can buy legendary weapon on trading post. Instead of searching in trading post you search in lfg.

Why?

Always hopeful

For me vriffon is locked behind extremly hard content because i am falling asleep after 5 minutes in open world. There is no other way to get it.On the other hand you can BUY legendary armor from other players just as you can buy legendary weapon on trading post. Instead of searching in trading post you search in lfg.

I supposed that’s true, but it costs far more, and you can’t quite straight up buy it, there’s more to it. I do understand what you’re saying about the griffon, but each piece of content is easier than raid fights at least.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:For me vriffon is locked behind extremly hard content because i am falling asleep after 5 minutes in open world. There is no other way to get it.On the other hand you can BUY legendary armor from other players just as you can buy legendary weapon on trading post. Instead of searching in trading post you search in lfg.That's not entirely true, you know. You can't straight out buy crystalline heart for cairn, for example. If you won't put some work into it yourself, you will never get it no matter how high you will pay. Same with Mursaat and Deimos - these may be easier than Cairn's, but still not something that can be obtained by gold alone.

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

Yes just to be clear, I am not asking for the raid set to be obtainable anywhere else, a new set associated with some other content is what I’d like. Something more accessible than raids but still very hard to acquire since it’s legendary. Maybe a time commitment rather than the hardest content in game? Grinding over beating top of the line tough stuff less times?

Wvw armor is already the grinding legendary armor set over beating the top of the line tough go get it.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:For me vriffon is locked behind extremly hard content because i am falling asleep after 5 minutes in open world. There is no other way to get it.On the other hand you can BUY legendary armor from other players just as you can buy legendary weapon on trading post. Instead of searching in trading post you search in lfg.That's not entirely true, you know. You can't straight out buy crystalline heart for cairn, for example. If you won't put some work into it yourself, you will never get it no matter how high you will pay. Same with Mursaat and Deimos - these may be easier than Cairn's, but still not something that can be obtained by gold alone.

Only problem is cairn rest can be easily bought. And even cairn is relatively easy when you are doing nothing else. Certainly easier then some fractal challanges required for backpack

@Linken.6345 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

Wvw armor is already the grinding legendary armor set over beating the top of the line tough go get it.

I would, but the skins look the same as ascended correct? So if I do so in the interest of (visually as well as functionally) getting all legendary gear, that wouldn’t work. Am I wrong about the skins being ascended too?

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

I would, but the skins look the same as ascended correct? So if I do so in the interest of (visually as well as functionally) getting all legendary gear, that wouldn’t work. Am I wrong about the skins being ascended too?

Yea you can upgrade the ascended to legendary.Since you can reskin them the new set they release dont have to be legendary just get a set you like and redo the wvw legendary if you dont like the look of it.

I could craft all 3 of the raid ones if I bothered grinding the provisoner tokens.But Im going after the 2k wvw one since I like the skin.

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

It sounds like you want armor that looks unique and "legendary" but the only skin that meets these requirements is the raid armor because... it transforms? WvW has the tendrils which look pretty unique.

And the convenience of stat swap is not as important because you'd already have WvW or PvP armor?

While not gw2e is not 100% accurate, it's interesting to see Requeim Plate and Perfected Envoy Breastplate are both at ~3.44% unlock rate while Sublime Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Raiment is only 1.04%.

@Awesumness.1823 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

It sounds like you want armor that looks unique and "legendary" but the only skin that meets these requirements is the raid armor because... it transforms? WvW has the tendrils which look pretty unique.

And the convenience of stat swap is not as important because you'd already have WvW or PvP armor?

While not gw2e is not 100% accurate, it's interesting to see
and
are both at ~3.44% unlock rate while
is only 1.04%.

Yes, that's exactly what I want, is a specifically legendary skin. The same way that, if you could upgrade ascended weapons to legendary more easily than craft an existing legendary weapon, I'd still make the weapons with uniquely legendary skins. I did notice the chest piece for the WvW armor is unique, and have thought about making it. Unfortunately, the rest of the set is the same as ascended. But, maybe I've overestimated how prestigious a skin is based off just its rarity. I already have the full requiem set for my main, and that's just as rare? Perhaps I have all the prestige I need (plus requiem is a bit cooler, yes?)

Only problem is cairn rest can be easily bought.I didn't say they weren't easy. Only that they can't really be straight out bought, because they do need you to play through the encounter without dying. So, no, it's not comparable to buying a legendary weapon off TP.

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

WvW/PvP legendary (ascended precursors) have own unique skinshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ardent_Glorious_armorhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_Hero%27s_armor

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Only problem is cairn rest can be easily bought.I didn't say they weren't easy. Only that they can't really be straight out bought, because they do need you to play through the encounter without dying. So, no, it's not comparable to buying a legendary weapon off TP.

I thought the problem with legendary armor was difficulty.Yesterday i finished first precursor for legendary ring. Havent done it for a long time and one of the reasons was that I need griffon for the last part. I didnt want to buy and more importantly run in open world more that was nececary so I payed someone to port me. Still I had to be there. Same concept

I thought the problem with legendary armor was difficulty.Yesterday i finished first precursor for legendary ring. Havent done it for a long time and one of the reasons was that I need griffon for the last part. I didnt want to buy and more importantly run in open world more that was nececary so I payed someone to port me. Still I had to be there. Same conceptWell, anyone can get ported to a spot and press f. There are however people that will never get cairn heart, because their skill is just that low. There are also people that can't survive deimos and even have real trouble staying alive at mursaat. It's not theoretical - i have met such people before. You'd be surprised how enormous the skill difference between the top and the bottom is in this game.Also, if you think 250g (+ a few g for porting) is somehow as hard to get as the thousands of gold you'd need for buying legendary armor...Hint: most people will never even come close to being able to afford buying envoy set, no matter how long they'll play. Thus, it is a fake argument that is applicable to so few people that this way could as well not exist. And the people saying "but you can buy it" are perfectly aware of it.