The Name of the Deep Sea Dragon S......!!

Sombra.3246

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's difficult to find a name that fits considering we know nothing about this dragon.We don't know it's minions, it's behavior, what it even looks like.I think I read somewhere that it was suggested it had tentacles though but I honestly can't remember if I actually read that or if I imagined it..

When it comes to my personal thoughts and ideas on what the Sea Dragon looks like.. I tend to think of the Kraken in Clash of the Titans, A colossal beast with tentacles.. displaying physical traits of Squid/Octopus, Crab and Shellfish rather than a typical Dragon.. another creature that comes to mind is the Sea Dragon Leviathan in Subnautica.I also quite like the idea of this Dragon having multiple heads like a Hydra.

Mordremoth took a more serpent like approach to Dragon design rather than the massive 4 legged winged Titan that Kralkatorrik is.Zhaitan was a bit of both although I tend to just call him the spare parts Dragon considering what he looks like.Primordus has so far only shown his head in game but both his artwork and Gw1 appearance strongly suggest he looks like a traditional dragon as well.Jormag like Sea Dragon is a mystery so I for one am all in favour of Sea Dragon not being a traditional looking Dragon.

As for name I have no idea.All the ones I come up with sound really stupid lol

I was doing some research, and it's possible that the game creators will not name the Deep Sea Elder Dragon after Cthulhu as I and a few others thought, but rather on a Greek Titan being known as Aigaion, the Titan of the ocean. If this is true then maybe we'll see the DSD being named Saigaion or Sagaion.

• 2 weeks later...

@zolcor.2601 said:I was doing some research, and it's possible that the game creators will not name the Deep Sea Elder Dragon after Cthulhu as I and a few others thought, but rather on a Greek Titan being known as Aigaion, the Titan of the ocean. If this is true then maybe we'll see the DSD being named Saigaion or

If they name it something Greek I’d lean towards a multi-headed dragon named Scylla. Maybe it’s Scylluthulu

TBH, if they go inspired by Lovecraftian work, I hope they don't stick with overly generically known Cthulhu and go with a lesser known Elder God (especially since Zhaitan already got the "tentacled mouth" look with his heads coming out of his jawless mouth appearance). Shub-Niggerath, one of the other more popular Elder Gods, would fit the DSD's corruption of turning things into tentacles. Though I do like the idea of pulling from Suc'Naath, who's depicted as a formless hurricane-like entity that shows pain-stricken faces across its body. Fits into the idea of the Elder Dragons becoming elemental beings of horror well, to have such dwelling in the oceanic depths.

• 3 weeks later...