What's next for Guild Wars2

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:At this point, we would be better off just getting rid of links and letting the populations settle.That would be like giving up on putting out a blazing house fire to save all the surrounding houses, until you realize that you're living alone in the woods and you dont have fuel for the flamethrower to start the fire.

Let the house burn, the more that burns the more you can claim on insurance. Get your POS car closer, throw some dry leaves on it and hope you get a new car in the process lol

I have hope for this new team, they resemble the teams we had years ago... They are communicating and they have listened to "complaints" and provided logical solutions.Eg: They will add a dismount skill to mounts.. This will be a good addition as the 27 specs we have aren't balanced around mount combat nor were spec mechanics (try dropping earth overload or any overload on a moving mount for example, mesmer clones too slow even with superspeed, DH F1 pulls and so on)

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Eg: They will add a dismount skill to mounts.. This will be a good addition as the 27 specs we have aren't balanced around mount combat nor were spec mechanics (try dropping earth overload or any overload on a moving mount for example, mesmer clones too slow even with superspeed, DH F1 pulls and so on)

Yeah, you can yank people that are gliding, and gliding only has 2 dodges. They should look into doing the same for mounts. Gliding didn't need any immunity and mounts shouldn't need it either.

Ironic how people talk about a lower tier server as worse players in this gamemode to 'practise' with host

Naah

People used to choose to live in lower tier servers because of the COMMUNITY Sense IT has over the bloblike-mentality, the overstacking and overblobbing, at certain point. Fighting against odds you cant win with players you dont know.. and ppt all day

The communities fall appart because of this blobbing mentallity 'play as i Desire or gtfo', 'lets group up the entire map or gtfo'. The server im on recently been caught by a few fightguilds to transfer here and we love Working together, the bandwagons that followed Them allready made a lot of my Friends leave because they dont recognise the server anymore. Because blobbyness, trolls etc. Im afraid to see the last few leave because they found a community in the guild they in at that point..

@L A T I O N.8923 said:Ironic how people talk about a lower tier server as worse players in this gamemode to 'practise' with host

Naah

People used to choose to live in lower tier servers because of the COMMUNITY Sense IT has over the bloblike-mentality, the overstacking and overblobbing, at certain point. Fighting against odds you cant win with players you dont know.. and ppt all day

The communities fall appart because of this blobbing mentallity 'play as i Desire or gtfo', 'lets group up the entire map or gtfo'. The server im on recently been caught by a few fightguilds to transfer here and we love Working together, the bandwagons that followed Them allready made a lot of my Friends leave because they dont recognise the server anymore. Because blobbyness, trolls etc. Im afraid to see the last few leave because they found a community in the guild they in at that point..

Amen bruddah.

@L A T I O N.8923 said:Ironic how people talk about a lower tier server as worse players in this gamemode to 'practise' with host

Naah

The communities fall appart because of this blobbing mentallity 'play as i Desire or gtfo', 'lets group up the entire map or gtfo'. The server im on recently been caught by a few fightguilds to transfer here and we love Working together, the bandwagons that followed Them allready made a lot of my Friends leave because they dont recognise the server anymore. Because blobbyness, trolls etc. Im afraid to see the last few leave because they found a community in the guild they in at that point..Why did you and your friends not make a guild and turned off all other chats?

This sob story is not uncommon on the forums, it is just that it never ends up to be true.

Most of the time it ends up with one rose tinted side consuming the content of another (usually an organised group) and then become unhappy with the choices that group makes or wants that group's content for themselves when other players trickle in to take part in it.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:

Naah

The communities fall appart because of this blobbing mentallity 'play as i Desire or gtfo', 'lets group up the entire map or gtfo'. The server im on recently been caught by a few fightguilds to transfer here and we love Working together, the bandwagons that followed Them allready made a lot of my Friends leave because they dont recognise the server anymore. Because blobbyness, trolls etc. Im afraid to see the last few leave because they found a community in the guild they in at that point..Why did you and your friends not make a guild and turned off all other chats?

You want roamers and scouts to turn chats off because of the brabbling of a few toxic shitters who make fun of callouts?

This sob story is not uncommon on the forums, it is just that it never ends up to be true.

You tell me what i see, are rumours that are not true?...how?

It's a never ending conflict between: (1) the players that want to play competitively and will switch servers, etc. to get that match-up and (2) those that want the "community" over competition. Whether you view it positively or negatively, I think it's clear that most people now are (1) and not (2) and that's the direction that Anet is moving.

In the old "Season 1" days, I think it was more (2) than (1) but those days are gone. I was originally a (2) as well but honestly once I started to more freely move servers, I've made a bunch more friends and enjoy the "epic battles/band of brothers" aspect (as long as lag isn't too bad!). I enjoy playing with a set of people which is not dependent on a server.

@L A T I O N.8923 said:You want roamers and scouts to turn chats off because of the brabbling of a few toxic kitten who make fun of callouts?Yes of course. Why would you want to see map chat if you are roaming? You are roaming the map to find your own targets.

If you want to be a scout, it's really easy to whisper the tag with reports if the tag wants them. The tag would likely prefer it.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:

@L A T I O N.8923 said:You want roamers and scouts to turn chats off because of the brabbling of a few toxic kitten who make fun of callouts?Yes of course. Why would you want to see map chat if you are roaming? You are roaming the map to find your own targets.

Does that matter and you go full selfish and not respond on defenses?

Wierd, i normally prefere so

What's Next for Guild Wars 2 only makes me sad.

Been a loyal fan to Guild Wars 1 from Beta & when it launched in April 2005…bought 12 accounts to run a Mega-Guild.

Continued being a loyal fan to Guild Wars 2 from Beta & when it launched in August 2012…bought 5 accounts…currently only using 4 accounts. I still have 1 un-opened game box from launch.

It’s been over 14 years…playing your Game product…and it’s been great to have made a lot of friends along the way. Thank you for providing a product that allowed me to make many good memories through the years.

I'll still continue to be a loyal fan of Guild Wars.

Daily miss having a WvW game mode that used to allow Long Term eccentric Server Communities to exist.

LuL...predicted the below would happen almost 3 years ago:

WvW to be fast action & short attention in nature. What matters most is the sheer volume of combat…aka…blobbing...

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Linking-Beta/page/8#post6177416

Encouraging 24/7 blobbing while destroying a larger ecosystem of unique server communities in favor of using player based guild communities to support the WvW game mode.

Guild Leaders will decide who's in & who's out when it comes to accessing & being part of the "Winning Team".

Putting this much power & control into a few Guild Leader hands will eventually lead to toxic behavior in the long term is my next prediction.

Get ready for Round number 2 on an accelerated Long Term Population Decline as they repeat the same mistake that they did with Server Linking, but now it's with Alliance Linking.

Players want Healthy Competitive Match-Ups...this should be the vision & reality for WvW.

Where Players are encouraged to fight for a larger Server Community that goes beyond any single person, guild, or alliance controlled by players...this would be Epic...imho

I can only continue to hope that my suggestions to directly change the Match-Up mechanic with existing in-game mechanics like

to allow players to pick their own weekly Match-Ups is a better solution instead of depending on ANet to create Server Links or Alliance Links to keep us happy.

WvW is being made into what the other MMORPGs are like.

I'm already missing the Long Term Community that WvW used to have. I mean…seriously personal relationships over a game. It’s almost equivalent to people going to the same tavern, bar, or pub.

Just thought you should know…that your efforts will place your product into the same genre and competition of the other multitude of MMORPGs being developed & marketed.

WvW has seriously lost the most endearing feature it used to have...

Long Term Communities that's not directly controlled by players.

Where you can visit any of your many favorite taverns, bars, or pubs on your own accord...and not have to be part of a guild clique to enjoy the camaraderie...or be forced to join or "kowtow" to a guild clique to be part of the "Winning Team".

Doing the same thing & expecting a different outcome...this is what Alliance Linking will turn into...imho

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.