Build templates in WvW

Trinnitty.8256

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Zephyra.4709 said:inb4 this happens...

Community: WE WAN BULD TEMPLETZ SO WE CAN CHENGE FAST WHEN EVA WE WAN!!Anet:
gives out build templates
Community: NO THIS 2 OP NED NERF MUST TEK 30 SEC TO CHENGE BULD + ONLY TRAITS + SKILS +
ONLY AT NIGHT TIME
GET RID O BULD TEMPLETZ!!!Anet:
surprised pikachu face

... + yellow warning text for when night starts/ends like in verdant brink!

... + the 3 confirmation windows when changing builds. Change build - yes? Are you sure - yes? Last warning are you absolutely sure - yes? B)

@Balsa.3951 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Im fine spending 2 minutes swapping gear and traits, not sure why we even need templates to begin with outside of being lazy.

How many builds are u using at 1 character? Belive me, using multiple builds while having leg armor is kitten without build templates

My light classes have Ascended Viper, Celestial and berserker gear to swap around depending on what I'm doing..

My Mediums have Valk and Berserker to play with.

My heavies have Minstrel and Berserker to play with.

I have 32 characters and play what I feel like at the time and after each session I bank everything..Sometimes I want to be a norn, other times I want to be asura, sometimes im male and sometimes Im female, just depends on the mood.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Im fine spending 2 minutes swapping gear and traits, not sure why we even need templates to begin with outside of being lazy.

How many builds are u using at 1 character? Belive me, using multiple builds while having leg armor is kitten without build templates

My light classes have Ascended Viper, Celestial and berserker gear to swap around depending on what I'm doing..

I have 32 characters and play what I feel like at the time and after each session I bank everything..Sometimes I want to be a norn, other times I want to be asura, sometimes im male and sometimes Im female, just depends on the mood.

And u lose shiton of time on that, that's why this qol is needed. Changing each gear is 2 min. Do it 5 times per day and u lost 10 min. Do it 6 times a week and u lost 1 full hour on only changing gear.And again, this change is rly needed for ppl with leg gear

I dont lose much time at all actually..Where I waste time on this game is emptying bags, opening a box to get 4 bags, 3 satchels and a box and open those to get more bags, satchels and boxes, takes about half hour just to clear inventory so I can continue playing.. This is where I get lazy and delete all my loot even if its exotics or something valuable, I even wish there was an option to turn off loot so I could just enjoy the game play for what it is.

So I stick with my previous opinion, Im fine spending 2 minutes at most to switch gear and traits on the fly.

U can turn off auto loot ... but I highly recommend u loot and get bigger bags instead

all of my toons are capped out on bags, probably why it takes me so long to empy them.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

And u lose shiton of time on that, that's why this qol is needed. Changing each gear is 2 min. Do it 5 times per day and u lost 10 min. Do it 6 times a week and u lost 1 full hour on only changing gear.And again, this change is rly needed for ppl with leg gear

I dont lose much time at all actually..Where I waste time on this game is emptying bags, opening a box to get 4 bags, 3 satchels and a box and open those to get more bags, satchels and boxes, takes about half hour just to clear inventory so I can continue playing.. This is where I get lazy and delete all my loot even if its exotics or something valuable, I even wish there was an option to turn off loot so I could just enjoy the game play for what it is.

So I stick with my previous opinion, Im fine spending 2 minutes at most to switch gear and traits on the fly.

U can turn off auto loot ... but I highly recommend u loot and get bigger bags instead

all of my toons are capped out on bags, probably why it takes me so long to empy them.

Do u us invisible bags for the unidentified gear ? I do this makes me collect a lot than open them when I feel I have time.

Ps

By capped out on bags u mean u have 32 er bag slots ? That’s pretty impressive

@Balsa.3951 said:

Do u us invisible bags for the unidentified gear ? I do this makes me collect a lot than open them when I feel I have time.

Ps

By capped out on bags u mean u have 32 er bag slots ? That’s pretty impressive

Gem slot sales with 20 bags, couldn't imagine the nightmare of trying to empty that once it's full and yea I micro mange my bag slots too.

• 6 months later...

with all this said..

Arcdps build templates of what i've heard is now bannable to use since it was removed on purpose for the reason of gw2 releasing their own build templates.

it states that build templates would be able to use inside your keep but i personally think it should be disabled completly in any form of pvp / wvw content, in this case wvw. Because it is going to rip off all the low mobility builds while boosting the high mobility builds.

Example 1 :a thief runs out to fight with some kite kinda build, he waste the cooldown of his enemies by kiting with his build, he then runs back into keep, swap build template to a oneshot build and go out again and oneshot the guy he was fighting without any problems as he already wasted the enemies cooldown on the first build template.

Example 2 :A Guardian does exactly as in example 1, the time it would take a guardian since they have low mobility compared to example a thief is massive. Any kinds of low mobility builds simply wouldnt make it back in the first place and even if so the enemy they wanted to change build template against is long gone after they return simply because of low mobility.

So the main issue in my eyes is that this will totally destroy some builds / classes that has low mobility compared to those who has high mobility as the low mobility builds will be forced to play with the same build template while the high mobility builds easily will be able to swap between 3 builds jumping in and out in no time compared to a low mobility build..

Some classes in general no matter their build always remain high mobility while in the other way around some classes no matter their build always remain as low mobility.

i am not looking forward to this nor am i a fan of all this kinda features, i personally think it should remain like it is and the build template thing should only be a pve feature. hopefully with time proven how ridicilous this gonna be it will be permanent disabled like it will be in pvp .

If that is a problem, make it so that swapping puts all your skills on cd then. Btw the example you give is not really a good one, since if the thief wp'ed to keep, the enemy would be out of combat and could just mount up. Where exactly is that person when the thief waypointed? How far were they from the thiefs keep? What if that keep was contested? What do you mean by low mobility? In this example I just can't see them not using mount since they will not be in combat once that thief has waypointed. OOC there is no such thing as low mobility with mounts being available.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:If that is a problem, make it so that swapping puts all your skills on cd then. Btw the example you give is not really a good one, since if the thief wp'ed to keep, the enemy would be out of combat and could just mount up. Where exactly is that person when the thief waypointed? How far were they from the thiefs keep? What if that keep was contested? What do you mean by low mobility? In this example I just can't see them not using mount since they will not be in combat once that thief has waypointed. OOC there is no such thing as low mobility with mounts being available.

im not talking about waypointing im talking about in general cases with fights close to a keep example, i dont think this is a bad example this is the exact example that shows why this gonna be ridicilous to have in wvw. What if the keep was contested ? thats exactly my point, a thief would have way easier to go forth and back or a ranger or an ele with tele etc to instant 1click swap build templates to jump out again, than example a guardian would have . Low Mobility / high mobility matters in combat, not out of combat when u can mount up ..

@anduriell.6280 said:I don't know it its possible, but make it so the build can be swap only in the respawn area.It is annoying for the ppl that want to swap more often yet more fair.

I'll choose fair over convenience every single time.

i agree on this, if it stood to me everyone should remain stuck to the build choosen and only be able to change it at respawn, but since u can manually change it out of combat, u could in theory even it would be bannable use a macro to instant change it - exactly like how build templates gonna work except they gonna be limited towards keeps, therefor no need for a macro or arcdps build templates or anything, now anet will provide it instead and i just dont get it really because this is only gonna ruin wvw more than it already is, ontop of that they should maybe also focus fixing alot of bugs related to wvw instead of throw out new content to cover the bugs or make people forget about them to discover new ones.

Here's a few :Stat Penalty from dismounting only goes towards armor + toughness for 3seconds after dismounting - Rip any class that is more reliable on these stats than others.Triple Jump - You can triple jump onto a tower without destroying any walls or gates to cap it all solo.Warclaw having too big impact on fights in general - ripping the balance and the old solo / duo roam fun.Some Traits ( in my case of what i've discovered so far playing mainly warrior ) are simply broken and do not give what they state they should do, example the trait '' Armored Attack '' from warrior doesnt provide a full % conversion .

This is only a few of many things that should have been fixed in wvw a long time ago but yet remain and what do we get ? a fix ? no, instead we get updates with new features ..... i simply dont understand this way of operating.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:I guess I just don't see the diff between example 1 and 2 since (if) both have access to mounts which gives them the same speed to get back into battle.

in big fights or example trying to take over a keep you wont be able to mount, why ? because 90% of the time u storming or defending a keep you are in combat .besides that if there is a few roamers outside a keep here or there they most likely to be in combat aswell due to guards all around them in enemy territory therefor again not able to mount up, lastly high mobility classes can move faster than mounts can already, atleast in short / medium distancesdo you expect that people be like : oh they going back into their keep we better mount up and run away because they are changing build templates ? that aint gonna happen

Im lookingnforward to build templates, i play a completely different build when running around solo tgan when i run in a zerg. Often times when i roam around solo i pass by an objective thats being attacked by a zerg with our own ppl inside, id love to jump into the enemy and help, but my roaming build is just not as efficient as my zergbuild at that.

It takes ages to swap from one to another, so letting me swap quicker will mean less time spending in menues swapping around stats n stuff and more time having fun in combar action. I dont see a problem with that.

@Noobondrugs.8320 said:with all this said..

Arcdps build templates of what i've heard is now bannable to use since it was removed on purpose for the reason of gw2 releasing their own build templates.

it states that build templates would be able to use inside your keep but i personally think it should be disabled completly in any form of pvp / wvw content, in this case wvw. Because it is going to rip off all the low mobility builds while boosting the high mobility builds.

Example 1 :a thief runs out to fight with some kite kinda build, he waste the cooldown of his enemies by kiting with his build, he then runs back into keep, swap build template to a oneshot build and go out again and oneshot the guy he was fighting without any problems as he already wasted the enemies cooldown on the first build template.

Example 2 :A Guardian does exactly as in example 1, the time it would take a guardian since they have low mobility compared to example a thief is massive. Any kinds of low mobility builds simply wouldnt make it back in the first place and even if so the enemy they wanted to change build template against is long gone after they return simply because of low mobility.

So the main issue in my eyes is that this will totally destroy some builds / classes that has low mobility compared to those who has high mobility as the low mobility builds will be forced to play with the same build template while the high mobility builds easily will be able to swap between 3 builds jumping in and out in no time compared to a low mobility build..

Some classes in general no matter their build always remain high mobility while in the other way around some classes no matter their build always remain as low mobility.

i am not looking forward to this nor am i a fan of all this kinda features, i personally think it should remain like it is and the build template thing should only be a pve feature. hopefully with time proven how ridicilous this gonna be it will be permanent disabled like it will be in pvp .

Why would anyone be sticking around until that lone other guys walks out of his keep again? Just walk away, until He catches back up your own cds will be back up.