I'm getting bored of playing ranger only

Anput.4620

Anything else that can dismount poeple a bit reliably? Haven't logged in for 2 weeks, last time i played i made an engineer, sounded fun but quite useless. Also got a spellbreaker, sword weaver and Thief, oh and a firebrand but i never use it except when i used to help a friend. Ive tried condi DD already but it doesn't really work well.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:He's spammed the board so much he got a temp ban for it.

Where do you even get this from? I got temp banned apparently because the guy in the video i linked swore lmao.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Ya we don't know you from prior threads and comments. You have been told a dozen ways to dismount someone. I dismount players and get dismounted all the time so It's just you man. Now you trying a passive aggressive approach to complain about mounts and don't even play anymore so def can't dismount someone that way. You refuse to learn adjust and now play. Can't help you.

Well then tell me, i asked before:So let's say you are swimming across the river in ascension bay to go into enemy territory to roam, you go and move to the sentry as soon as you are out of the water, another player sees you, they are capping the sentry, as soon as they see you they mount up and bolt, give me your sucessful engagement plan.

@Justine.6351 said:Hammer Rev here, dismounts are entertaining, more so when they ragequit a few seconds later.

Condi rev can burn through a mount but the problem is still getting close.

Thieves can literally keep up with mounts.Conditions from any profession will generally have that player dismounted within a few seconds.Sword rev can dismount players. Heck, melee rangers can dismount players with smokescale teleport.

You have options outside of longbow ranger, and no they won't work everytime.

~ Kovu

@Kovu.7560 said:Thieves can literally keep up with mounts.Conditions from any profession will generally have that player dismounted within a few seconds.Sword rev can dismount players. Heck, melee rangers can dismount players with smokescale teleport.

~ Kovu

I tried condi DD but i had 4 people just run past me, i tried to shadowstep steal and shortbow 5 etc but i just couldn't catch up, anything else id need to run? Is a double shortbow condi dire/vipers build.

My other 3 characters are spellbreaker sword ele and scrapper, they are basically shelved now :/

@Anput.4620 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:Thieves can literally keep up with mounts.Conditions from
any
profession will generally have that player dismounted within a few seconds.Sword rev can dismount players. Heck, melee rangers can dismount players with smokescale teleport.

~ Kovu

I tried condi DD but i had 4 people just run past me, i tried to shadowstep steal and shortbow 5 etc but i just couldn't catch up, anything else id need to run? Is a double shortbow condi dire/vipers build.

My other 3 characters are spellbreaker sword ele and scrapper, they are basically shelved now :/

o man, thief u can just d/p and use skill 3. takes 2/3 hits in generally it constantly ports on their ass unless they have a lucky dodge in it. but then u can still easily catch up.

grieving rev with mace/axe? is pooping out condi's and no1 can survive it on mount since its all torments if u get these expensive sigils its actually quite fun to roam on aswell :D.

but anet should just lower the mount HP to reasonable amount so every1 can deal with mounts and u dont have to unload half a burst on em before u actually get to fight or probably not cus any non brain dead guy will use his leaps/teleports etc to get away again while u blown half ur skills u probably wont be able to catch up with em if they do it.

so ye mounts are just meh useless things in gw2 giving every1 another 10k HP for no reason.

@reddie.5861 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:Thieves can literally keep up with mounts.Conditions from
any
profession will generally have that player dismounted within a few seconds.Sword rev can dismount players. Heck, melee rangers can dismount players with smokescale teleport.

~ Kovu

o man, thief u can just d/p and use skill 3. takes 2/3 hits in generally it constantly ports on their kitten unless they have a lucky dodge in it. but then u can still easily catch up.

grieving rev with mace/axe? is pooping out condi's and no1 can survive it on mount since its all torments if u get these expensive sigils its actually quite fun to roam on aswell :D.

but anet should just lower the mount HP to reasonable amount so every1 can deal with mounts and u dont have to unload half a burst on em before u actually get to fight or probably not cus any non brain dead guy will use his leaps/teleports etc to get away again while u blown half ur skills u probably wont be able to catch up with em if they do it.

so ye mounts are just meh useless things in gw2 giving every1 another 10k HP for no reason.

Idc for the HP, just nerf the speed, the thing being faster is the problem, most can burn through the HP, keeping up is the problem.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@Anput.4620 said:My other 3 characters are spellbreaker sword ele and scrapper, they are basically shelved now :/

Maybe try something that does damage.

So i can't play bruiser and am forced to go glass now?

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Ya we don't know you from prior threads and comments. You have been told a dozen ways to dismount someone. I dismount players and get dismounted all the time so It's just you man. Now you trying a passive aggressive approach to complain about mounts and don't even play anymore so def can't dismount someone that way. You refuse to learn adjust and now play. Can't help you.

Can you post a video of dismounting someone with a DD Tempest Celestial/Viper build please?If you can do that, I'll stop complaining myself.

Im having trouble with it, my cast times are too slow and my mechanics unique to Tempest being overloads can't keep up with a moving mount..

I await the video, thanks in advance.

as for OP: Its a braindead build but PP Deadeye with Binding Shadow (the knockdown cantrip) is good if you take the Mal7 trait.Spam 3 until they are dismounted and while they eat the mount CC stun, apply the knockdown cantrip skill to keep them down even longer while you continue to spam 3.Very effective but also extremely boring.I take Shadowstep and Infiltration Signet to help keep up with the mount and Bas Venom at the end of the cantrip stun so it completely locks a player down for a free kill.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Can you post a video of dismounting someone with a DD Tempest Celestial/Viper build please?If you can do that, I'll stop complaining myself.

Im having trouble with it, my cast times are too slow and my mechanics unique to Tempest being overloads can't keep up with a moving mount..

as for OP: Its a braindead build but PP Deadeye with Binding Shadow (the knockdown cantrip) is good if you take the Mal7 trait.Spam 3 until they are dismounted and while they eat the mount CC stun, apply the knockdown cantrip skill to keep them down even longer while you continue to spam 3.Very effective but also extremely boring.

I will definitely try this build out, forgot all about PP DE.

EDIT: Might aswell just play rifle DE then though? More range.

I wouldn't say useful 100% of the time but we ran 2-3 dire staff tempest meme builds (burning) yesterday which dismounted many players + downed plenty who, surprisingly, didn't bring a single condi cleanse or very little. Staff #3, Feel the Burn, SoF, Cleansing Fire to name a few bursts.

@Zephyra.4709 said:I wouldn't say useful 100% of the time but we ran 2-3 dire staff tempest meme builds (burning) yesterday which dismounted many players + downed plenty who, surprisingly, didn't bring a single condi cleanse or very little. Staff #3, Feel the Burn, SoF, Cleansing Fire to name a few bursts.

How do you even get close on staff ele though? Aren't those stationary avoidable fields? Also you had 3 people, i'm talking solo.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Zephyra.4709 said:I wouldn't say useful 100% of the time but we ran 2-3 dire staff tempest meme builds (burning) yesterday which dismounted many players + downed plenty who, surprisingly, didn't bring a single condi cleanse or very little. Staff #3, Feel the Burn, SoF, Cleansing Fire to name a few bursts.

How do you even get close on staff ele though? Aren't those stationary avoidable fields? Also you had 3 people, i'm talking solo.

Don't go solo. This is a blob mode dewd.

D:

@Anput.4620 said:

Probably signet of fire with fire trait and a rune that extends burning duration. 3 stacks of burn and then staff fire 3 for over 6-7s and that is just one player. If they were 3, they can get 12 stacks. Just my guess though.

@Anput.4620 said:

Oh you meant solo, my bad.

You do and you don't. It's similar to playing ranger in that you kite a lot and utilise movement abilities from fire staff #4 + firey GS elite. Staff #3 is 1,200 range, including SoF. You then have Feel The Burn at 600, Conjure GS #2 is also 600. The only close proximity ones are Cleansing Fire and I think some other skill. First time playing the build so idk what I was doing half the time but I managed to get people off mounts who were out of position, including those not on mounts solo. I think a lot of it comes down to playing a deceiving build - those peeps probably thought we were basic squishy power staff ele's. Jokes on them.

@Drastic.8920 said:

Probably signet of fire with fire trait and a rune that extends burning duration. 3 stacks of burn and then staff fire 3 for over 6-7s and that is just one player. If they were 3, they can get 12 stacks. Just my guess though.

Yeah, I was full dire balth runes traited for burn duration etc. It's just a shame we were so small this reset, maybe a group of 7 or so would've made for some crazy burst burn combos from stealth with our scrapper. Oh well maybe next time. B)

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

as for OP: Its a braindead build but PP Deadeye with Binding Shadow (the knockdown cantrip) is good if you take the Mal7 trait.Spam 3 until they are dismounted and while they eat the mount CC stun, apply the knockdown cantrip skill to keep them down even longer while you continue to spam 3.Very effective but also extremely boring.I take Shadowstep and Infiltration Signet to help keep up with the mount and Bas Venom at the end of the cantrip stun so it completely locks a player down for a free kill.

Na I can't. I said a dozen ways didn't say every classs/build can if you refuse to learn adjust and play. You also play thief so there's your adjustment. But of course like anput here in a random reading of pvp threads a few days ago I also stumbled upon a comment by you where you play anthem(w/e that game is) and haven't played gw2 for weeks so ya you just like to troll for attention as well. Can't dismount anyone if you don't log in.

I also play Railroad Empire, Poker, Total Annihilation, DB FighterZ, Solitaire, League Of Legends, Soldat, Stellaris, Command And Conquer, Left 4 Dead 2, Plague, Waframe and have more that I've finished over the years or got bored of like GTAV, what's your point?Am I supposed to be married to Gw2? Can I not see other people? :lol:

but thanks for answering with "Na I can't"... I didn't think you could but I did have hopes :disappointed:Unfortunately if a new mechanic comes along such as a mount and it's so poorly implemented and so powerful that it deletes entire builds and classes forcing players into playing very specific classes with very specific builds or as you say "Adjust and play", then surely with the slightest bit of logic you could understand how that would be the equivalent to broken, and may need some adjustments to allow diversity again.

Ask yourself these simple questions:For 6 Years or more, has combat been balanced around mount combat?Do we keep mounts as they are and buff and adjust every single skill on every single class to balance around mount combat or do we balance the mounts around those classes?

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

Don't go solo. This is a blob mode dewd.

D:

Ive always played solo in this mode.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

Na I can't. I said a dozen ways didn't say every classs/build can if you refuse to learn adjust and play. You also play thief so there's your adjustment. But of course like anput here in a random reading of pvp threads a few days ago I also stumbled upon a comment by you where you play anthem(w/e that game is) and haven't played gw2 for weeks so ya you just like to troll for attention as well. Can't dismount anyone if you don't log in.

Where did you even get this from, i don't even play that game lol. Other games i play rn are Smite, ARK and Realm Royale. I haven't seriously played Gw2 for weeks now tho, just log on to play some music. Before mounts i logged in every other day.

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:Make no mistake, this is just another veiled attempt to complain about Rangers and Mounts being too OP.

1 i main ranger, 2 they are OP from an objective balance viewpoint where the effort to avoid is astronomically less than the effort it needs to take them down.

If anyone thinks the current environment is balanced in a 50/50 way where both players have equal chance, and have to put in equip effort/skill then they are either delusional or fail at basic math. When i walk to someone in any other game a fight ensues.

@sephiroth.4217 said:then surely with the slightest bit of logic you could understand how that would be the equivalent to broken, and may need some adjustments to allow diversity again.

This is an MMO sub, these people don't look at balance, they look at "what benefits me". And before you complain balance before mounts, before them everyone was strong/"broken" in their own right in their own situations, especially necros have no reason to complain when most of the WvW map is necros lol.

Mounts are very slow when used in enemy-territory.thief, mesmer, guardian, ranger, revenant, engineer, warrior can catch-up and dismount when pursuing an invader.Only necro and tempest are quite limited in their capabilities to do so, you actually have to run into them in order to get dismounted.

Now, dismounting other players in their own territor is not that easy due the mount´s high speed, though that´s something I`m okay with, otherwise outnumbered groups would have no edge over invaders.

But hopefully the complaints are not listened to, except the addition of a dismount skill, that´s fine but otherwise most if not all complaints are not valid and show that most players just want to fight those that have no intention in doing so. It happens in other pvp-mmos (namely bdo) and it should not happen here.Encouraging bad habits and toxic character-traits is a bad way to treat their customers, even though it´s probably not anet´s intention.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

I also play Railroad Empire, Poker, Total Annihilation, DB FighterZ, Solitaire, League Of Legends, Soldat, Stellaris, Command And Conquer, Left 4 Dead 2, Plague, Waframe and have more that I've finished over the years or got bored of like GTAV, what's your point?Am I supposed to be married to Gw2? Can I not see other people? :lol:

but thanks for answering with "Na I can't"... I didn't think you could but I did have hopes :disappointed:Unfortunately if a new mechanic comes along such as a mount and it's so poorly implemented and so powerful that it deletes entire builds and classes forcing players into playing very specific classes with very specific builds or as you say "Adjust and play", then surely with the slightest bit of logic you could understand how that would be the equivalent to broken, and may need some adjustments to allow diversity again.

Ask yourself these simple questions:For 6 Years or more, has combat been balanced around mount combat?Do we keep mounts as they are and buff and adjust every single skill on every single class to balance around mount combat or do we balance the mounts around those classes?

Ya you asked me to find a video for a 1.30-300 rng d & d class w garbage dmg spec. I had a shot there. Na, play anything you want. That wasn't the point. If you aren't playing gw2 at all then you aren't adjusting or trying diff specs/skills/classes and expect to magically dismount by not playing.

Making up your own assumptions to justify yourself isn't going to help us attain a healthy discussion here.

You know what was so fun for those 6 years. How certain classes could engage and win but if they were losing had a free pass to run away while other classes had to suck it up and die or waste their time and get no kill.Yea its really annoying when classes use thier class mechanics and tools to survive, I hate Thieves who port away and stealth too but over 6 years I learnt to avoid certain ones or to chase them.Im not going to sit there crying over it because they didnt facetank all my hits like you are nor would I advocate to remove entire playstyles just because I refuse to learn how to get better.

Now they don't gotta waste time on you. People running wasn't an issue until every got the option to run or not engage at all.I wonder why? Open field PvP and there's literally an option to not engage at all.

It doesn't delete any build. It deletes small sub section of players that think everyone wants to wander around and fight 1v1 all day or run a ele/scrapper build with endless healing and barriers that is so fun to fight while you get whittled down due to attrition. Now anyone can avoid those match ups you can't win or fight by choice.

All playstyles for 6 years in WvW were welcome because its open world pvp, its not zerg zerg zerg only which is what you're saying.

Again it's all about you wanting to force your type of playing with the 1 spec you chose and never have to adjust ever cause wvw was designed just for you and w/e pita spec you choose.

Rather scratchy on your behalf but clearly you don't understand so I wont bother explaining. You don't even understand you're being a hypocrite at the moment.

Now you don't buff every1 to deal with mounts just like every class doesn't get stealth or unlimited aoes or immunes/evades or crazy mobility.

Im sorry the thief touched you in bad places.

You effing adjust when instead of doing that you just complain all day.

Said the guy complaining about people doing PvP on open world PvP maps.Atleast I can use logic and present facts rather than running off fear that I might get ganked.

All I asked for was a video and you blew up like a madman over it and you're getting extremely defensive and aggressive about it too.You say "adjust" while acknowledging the fact I adjusted to the very class that annoys you the most and you disregarded my request to a DD Temp video made by you teaching me how a Viper/Celestial DD Temp might go about "Adjusting" when engaging a mount, could have been as simple as a trait change for all I know but instead you decided to have a burst of outrage over it.

Due to the nature of your behavior my conversation with you ends here.

@Arzurag.7506 said:Mounts are very slow when used in enemy-territory.thief, mesmer, guardian, ranger, revenant, engineer, warrior can catch-up and dismount when pursuing an invader.Only necro and tempest are quite limited in their capabilities to do so, you actually have to run into them in order to get dismounted.

Now, dismounting other players in their own territor is not that easy due the mount´s high speed, though that´s something I`m okay with, otherwise outnumbered groups would have no edge over invaders.

But hopefully the complaints are not listened to, except the addition of a dismount skill, that´s fine but otherwise most if not all complaints are not valid and show that most players just want to fight those that have no intention in doing so. It happens in other pvp-mmos (namely bdo) and it should not happen here.Encouraging bad habits and toxic character-traits is a bad way to treat their customers, even though it´s probably not anet´s intention.

Shouldn't the offender have a bonus for promoting interraction instead of the defender? How is engaging in PvP toxic? Can you explain the design behind having the choice of PvP in an open world PvP zone? Tell me one dedicated PvP game where the enemy can just call timeout to run away? You make zero sense on how that is toxic? Behind? Message enemy jungler to please not gank my middle lane, didn't get a good weapon in a BR? Please don't shoot at me i got no gear.

In the current system people will only engage in fights they can win, which means literally nobody will engage unless they are ktraining, the only people this helps. Don't complain about being forced into PvP in an open world PvP zone? The arguments of people here baffle me, never had those in other games. This is like a WoW player rolling on a PvP server back when that was a thing and then complaining about being ganked.

PvP is never involuntary in an open world PvP zone, as soon as you join an open world PvP zone/game/mode/match you voluntarily participate in open world PvP.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

Ya you asked me to find a video for a 1.30-300 rng d & d class w garbage dmg spec. I had a shot there. Na, play anything you want. That wasn't the point. If you aren't playing gw2 at all then you aren't adjusting or trying diff specs/skills/classes and expect to magically dismount by not playing.

You know what was so fun for those 6 years. How certain classes could engage and win but if they were losing had a free pass to run away while other classes had to suck it up and die or waste their time and get no kill. Now they don't gotta waste time on you. People running wasn't an issue until every got the option to run or not engage at all.It doesn't delete any build. It deletes small sub section of players that think everyone wants to wander around and fight 1v1 all day or run a ele/scrapper build with endless healing and barriers that is so fun to fight while you get whittled down due to attrition. Now anyone can avoid those match ups you can't win or fight by choice.Again it's all about you wanting to force your type of playing with the 1 spec you chose and never have to adjust ever cause wvw was designed just for you and w/e pita spec you choose.

Now you don't buff every1 to deal with mounts just like every class doesn't get stealth or unlimited aoes or immunes/evades or crazy mobility.You effing adjust when instead of doing that you just complain all day.

You know what was so fun before mounts? Necros and other AoE classes being broken af while rangers/thiefs can't do jack in zergs and now they lose the only thing they are good at leaving them in the dust lmao.

In the old system everyone could play how they wanted and the mode worked like an open world PvP mode, in the new system some people literally can't play and the mode works fundamentally different from other open world PvP games/modes for the sake of casuals.