Scrapper

Ario.8964

@FyzE.3472 said:

@FyzE.3472 said:I see we're still discussing the "Omg! Scrapper counters my mirage! IMOSIBBBLU! UNACCEPTABLU!" thread. How productive.

Between Scrappers being on both finalist teams in the last MAT and two scrapper mains showings currently in the top 10 on NA we're well beyond only mirages having trouble with them but okay.

So if that's the criteria, it means that every single class in top 10 on NA and on both teams in the last MAT are OP. Nice logic! Boy am I glad you're not in the balance team.

Such a hostile, petty, passive aggressive little response when all I did was point out it performs well in general. Its amusing how personally attacked you feel.

I like the fact that you feel the need to try and derail the topic when you're clearly loosing the argument. But by all means, talk about me.

You point initial point was that only mirages are complaining about scrapper. I pointed out how it's performing well in the meta as a whole, with a MAT win under its belt and excellent showings in the top 250 and in the top 10 in particularly and therefor by definition, it's not only mirages complaining about scrappers, its doing well against most things in general.

You saying "Who cares if it's performing well!? That doesn't matter." is far more of a derail than my post. All I did was acknowledge that you were derailing.

Edit: calling me names next would suit you well.

That's really more your style.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@FyzE.3472 said:I see we're still discussing the "Omg! Scrapper counters my mirage! IMOSIBBBLU! UNACCEPTABLU!" thread. How productive.

Between Scrappers being on both finalist teams in the last MAT and two scrapper mains showings currently in the top 10 on NA we're well beyond only mirages having trouble with them but okay.

So if that's the criteria, it means that every single class in top 10 on NA and on both teams in the last MAT are OP. Nice logic! Boy am I glad you're not in the balance team.

Such a hostile, petty, passive aggressive little response when all I did was point out it performs well in general. Its amusing how personally attacked you feel.

I like the fact that you feel the need to try and derail the topic when you're clearly loosing the argument. But by all means, talk about me.

You point initial point was that only mirages are complaining about scrapper. I pointed out how it's performing well in the meta as a whole, with a MAT win under its belt and excellent showings in the top 250 and in the top 10 in particularly and therefor by definition, it's not only mirages complaining about scrappers, its doing well against most things in general.

You saying "Who cares if it's performing well!? That doesn't matter." is far more of a derail than my post. All I did was acknowledge that you were derailing.

That's really more your style.

OK then you're not a mesmer main, who is saying that scrapper is OP?It's not only scrapper in top 10 and/or top 250. Why is scrapper being there means that it's OP? I don't get it. By that logic, again, every class in top 10 (which changes btw) is OP? Please say no.

No It's not my style. I don't care how do you feel about me so I don't start judging you as a person. Trying my best to stay on topic here. Unlike you.

@FyzE.3472 said:

That's really more your style.No It's not my style. I don't care how do you feel about me so I don't start judging you as a person. Trying my best to stay on topic here. Unlike you.

"I see we're still discussing the "Omg! Scrapper counters my mirage! IMOSIBBBLU! UNACCEPTABLU!" thread. How productive."

Isn't exactly a polite, reasonable, on topic way of joining discussion a thread that for the past few pages has been pretty calm overall.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

That's really more your style.No It's not my style. I don't care how do you feel about me so I don't start judging you as a person. Trying my best to stay on topic here. Unlike you.

"I see we're still discussing the "Omg! Scrapper counters my mirage! IMOSIBBBLU! UNACCEPTABLU!" thread. How productive."

Isn't exactly a polite, reasonable, on topic way of joining discussion a thread that for the past few pages has been pretty calm overall.And I dont get part of mirage being countered by scrapper... everyone who dislike scrapper became mirage players now ? Why so aggressive

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Isn't exactly a polite, reasonable, on topic way of joining discussion a thread that for the past few pages has been pretty calm overall.

What can I say, sorry you hurt your feelings. I did not say that to you personally. And searching for an excuse for calling me names indirectly is quite cute I must admit. Now go search all my post history, find the ones that can "prove" your point and quote those.

Still not convinced though. I'm sure I am not the only one that thinks being in top 10 or top 250 or on MAT is a reason for calling a class OP.

@Odik.4587 said:

Isn't exactly a polite, reasonable, on topic way of joining discussion a thread that for the past few pages has been pretty calm overall.And I dont get part of mirage being countered by scrapper... everyone who dislike scrapper became mirage players now ? Why so aggressive

Aggressive? Where? Also, not only mirage mains cry about scrapper, that's for sure. They are just the loudest.

@FyzE.3472 said:

Aggressive? Where? Also, not only mirage mains cry about scrapper, that's for sure. They are just the loudest.

How come ? Thread was made by some rev guy from the start. I'm not keeping an eye on the thread ,sorry. Can you demonstrate that 'mirage' mains are loudest... ?As mirage player I'm fine for not being able to beat scrapper because it has so much tools to completely counter me meanwhile they cant chase me and oneslap me . Meanwhile if you ask me if I hate holos... I would say YESYou became pretty much...aggresive... since mort replied to you,to him, at least

@Odik.4587 said:

How come ? Thread was made by some rev guy from the start. I'm not keeping an eye on the thread ,sorry. Can you demonstrate that 'mirage' mains are loudest... ?As mirage player I'm fine for not being able to beat scrapper because it has so much tools to completely counter me meanwhile they cant chase me and oneslap me . Meanwhile if you ask me if I hate holos... I would say YESYou became pretty much...aggresive... since mort replied to you,to him, at least

You can have a look at similar "scrapper is op" threads, but I'm quite sure you won't.At least you know that it is possible to win vs scrapper, not just claim it's OP and demand the nerf, that, in my eyes, is a very good thing. Not a lot of people seem to think that it's a bad idea to fight vs a bunker in the first place.

Edit: How would you reply to someone saying "Such a hostile, petty, passive aggressive little response when all I did was point out it performs well in general. Its amusing how personally attacked you feel."?

@"FyzE.3472" said:You can have a look at similar "scrapper is op" threads, but I'm quite sure you won't.At least you know that it is possible to win vs scrapper, not just claim it's OP and demand the nerf, that, in my eyes, is a very good thing. Not a lot of people seem to think that it's a bad idea to fight vs a bunker in the first place.

Edit: How would you reply to someone saying "Such a hostile, petty, passive aggressive little response when all I did was point out it performs well in general. Its amusing how personally attacked you feel."?I dislike scrapper as well but I just dont care about this elite spec...somehow...You might hate me as well but you seems to be hostile/passive aggresive out of the blue.I dont know actually. its probably because of the mesmer hate and how you treat them?

@Odik.4587 said:

@"FyzE.3472" said:You can have a look at similar "scrapper is op" threads, but I'm quite sure you won't.At least you know that it is possible to win vs scrapper, not just claim it's OP and demand the nerf, that, in my eyes, is a very good thing. Not a lot of people seem to think that it's a bad idea to fight vs a bunker in the first place.

Edit: How would you reply to someone saying "Such a hostile, petty, passive aggressive little response when all I did was point out it performs well in general. Its amusing how personally attacked you feel."?I dislike scrapper as well but I just dont care about this elite spec...somehow...You might hate me as well but you seems to be hostile/passive aggresive out of the blue.I dont know actually. its probably because of the mesmer hate and how you treat them?

It's not out of the blue. Had several answers from him in several ropics and he's not very kind to say the least.I do dislike mesmers, yes. And I often argue with people who think that mesmer is not OP.

@FyzE.3472 said:

@FyzE.3472 said:You can have a look at similar "scrapper is op" threads, but I'm quite sure you won't.At least you know that it is possible to win vs scrapper, not just claim it's OP and demand the nerf, that, in my eyes, is a very good thing. Not a lot of people seem to think that it's a bad idea to fight vs a bunker in the first place.

It's not out of the blue. Had several answers from him in several ropics and he's not very kind to say the least.I do dislike mesmers, yes. And I often argue with people who think that mesmer is not OP.Mesmer entirely ? Specific things? You probably would argue with me as well if you would tell me they didnt overnerf axe and nerf core every patch as well, but oh well ,this thread about scraps and even Sind replied ,you can watch his post as well

@"FyzE.3472" said:

You can have a look at similar "scrapper is op" threads, but I'm quite sure you won't.

You want him to find the evidence that you can't to support your claim?

Edit: How would you reply to someone saying "Such a hostile, petty, passive aggressive little response when all I did was point out it performs well in general. Its amusing how personally attacked you feel."?

Personally, I'd just ignore it. It's true, so maybe think about it?

@Odik.4587 said:

@FyzE.3472 said:You can have a look at similar "scrapper is op" threads, but I'm quite sure you won't.At least you know that it is possible to win vs scrapper, not just claim it's OP and demand the nerf, that, in my eyes, is a very good thing. Not a lot of people seem to think that it's a bad idea to fight vs a bunker in the first place.

It's not out of the blue. Had several answers from him in several ropics and he's not very kind to say the least.I do dislike mesmers, yes. And I often argue with people who think that mesmer is not OP.Mesmer entirely ? Specific things? You probably would argue with me as well if you would tell me they didnt overnerf axe and nerf core every patch as well, but oh well ,this thread about scraps and even Sind replied ,you can watch his post as well

I think they overnerfed the damage which is not even the worst part of mesmer. So I do agree with you on the axe nerf.

@FyzE.3472 said:

I think they overnerfed the damage which is not even the worst part of mesmer. So I do agree with you on the axe nerf.I'm slightly curious what is the worst part of mesmer ?

@Odik.4587 said:

I think they overnerfed the damage which is not even the worst part of mesmer. So I do agree with you on the axe nerf.I'm slightly curious what is the worst part of mesmer ?

You can't win now can you? I will give you my reasons, then we will talk about my rating, if you enven find my reasons to be good enough. But then there will still be a way to discredit my thoughts about mesmers even though this is a scrapper topic.But now you will say "no, ofc not lol" so yeah.

The whole reason I don't like people saying scrapper is op is because I personally can beat scrapper. And trust me, if I can - anyone can.

@FyzE.3472 said:

You can't win now can you? I will give you my reasons, then we will talk about my rating, if you enven find my reasons to be good enough. But then there will still be a way to discredit my thoughts about mesmers even though this is a scrapper topic.But now you will say "no, ofc not lol" so yeah.

The whole reason I don't like people saying scrapper is op is because I personally can beat scrapper. And trust me, if I can - anyone can.Dude, if you wont be offensive/hateful on me I'd like to know ,thats it . We also can talk it out in private messages to not do so In scrapper dedicated thread.About beating scrapper... there is 2 kind of people , from Trevor video which proves ppl indeed die when they dont dodge anything and just die or people that actually use skills and evades. (I also killed some bad scrappers even with mirage, other scrappers that were clearly better I couldnt do anything and just ran away).

@FyzE.3472 said:

The whole reason I don't like people saying scrapper is op is because I personally can beat scrapper. And trust me, if I can - anyone can.

We really are all out to get you

@DaShi.1368 said:

We really are all out to get you

K. Bye!

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"crepuscular.9047" said:You can tell people are figuring out how to deal with scrapper, last night my scrapper was constantly getting destroyed, never before have i had so many deaths on a scrapper in a single match

No, this is probably because they hotfixed the bulwark barrier last night so it is just over half as good as it was.

No. That's prob not it. Even with out fix a sic em ranger, fc warrior, burst mesmer, deadeye etc etc can basically 1 shot a scrapper when his cool downs are gone.

You can literally see videos of this on you tube or twitch. It's also in the forums. This is pre fix.

Just bad players don't understand when to use their skills write all these scrapper post.

Which is why EU MAT the winning team was two chrono bunk, 1 scrapper, 1 support firebrand, and a Shiro+Glint Herald. The losing team had a holosmith instead of a 2nd chronobunker.

Everyone assured me that Scrapper is garbage, that it'll never win a Monthly Automated Tournament, and that they die so easily if you play a build that can dump 30k damage into them in the span of three seconds. So why couldn't all those "EU Better than NA" pros who are MAT veterans and previous winners do anything about it?

So you are going to compare corodinated teams to solo q? And you are basing the entire balance on 1 game? And 1 representation via a tiny sample size of a few players. Very logical...

I am no pro. I am at plat. I play holo,scrap, warrior and ranger. I have zero problems demolishing scrapers on ranger and warrior. Sic really shoots through any block and finish with 11k whirling impact. This was against top 100 players that play scrap in solo q. There's more going on in ATs than just dps. Scrapper is totally killable and can be out rotated. I ve been testing rev lately too. Not as effective but can out dps scrap heals.

I find that at no point in any of the post do you even consider some one else's opinions and really did not bother looking at videos that kills scrappers. Instead of suggesting x y z isn't viable you solely based your assuming on 1 AT game.

At the same time you have previous wrote against all the classes and their skills that kill a scrapper calling for nerfs. While saying scrapper is Op. Insanely ironic.

Instead of "every one assured me" maybe just maybe. Watch the kitten YouTube videos that show scrap being killed in seconds. Maybe you might learn something and just maybe see that there are multiple builds that can destroy scrap.

Since it seems like you have an in ability to find such thing this is a YouTube vid. Showing you how it's done

These players r plat 1-2. Which I feel really should translates to them knowing how to use thier skills mechanically with map awareness. Compared to say below g1 where players with the wrong builds smash into scrapper and do nothing then come on forums crying for nerfs

And yes this is 1 dude. But there are many more videos. I d make a video but I don't have the time. And it's also a waste of time making it to show some one that you. You will find another excuse to want to Nerf a class that's not your main.

Seems opinions have changed quite a bit now for you since I last read this thread.

Actually not just you by the looks of it...

Not sure what you are referring to. My core belief is that scrapper is balanced right now. And most classes are balanced.

Ranger, war, power mes and rev can out right dps down a scrapper solo. Nothing in that has changed.

If you can't do it you are not using the right build and timing things correctly.

That had been my take from the first post.

My comments on ATs only came up from this guy bringing it up. He's comparing a small percentage of high level layers in an organized team to be the same as solo q. Which is not at all the same. Some 1 telling you on comms your counter class is coming so you can rotate out is not the same as u being 1 shot from no where near the same as the average solo q. The average guy is also not god of pvp. Also no that just because a few scrappers didn't die from a few games by "pro" players who didn't play sic em, Chrono 1etc etc builds does not mean scrapper is immortal

Incase you miss understand. I don't think scrapper is Op is either ATs or soloq. You can clearly see in the video I linked that scrappers can be killed in seconds. I bet you these builds will be incorporated in this season in the coming ATs. And if this guy can do it... Other guys can do it...

One thing I did miss is that you can out rotate a scrapper. It has very low mobility. If u cant kill it. Just go help ur team. It will become 5v4 since he's basically sitting there doing nothing. I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.

Anyway there's my takes

1)scrapper can be killed by certain builds in seconds

2) if you can't do it and you are not using a build that does. It's your own fault

3) if you are not doing the above you have a l2p issue. You don't understand how to play then complain about it.

4) balance is great right now. Except for maybe thief dmg sucks, ele is a gimmick, regenade also sucks, and deadeye is basically a meme.

So no. My stance has not changed a single bit.

@Quadox.7834 said:

@Ario.8964 said:Why are you all still posting in this thread? Any relevance it had is gone. Scrapper already got the nerfs I said it needed and it's fine. Stop posting in here.

Still super easy, boring spec that should be nerfed.

So it can go back to uselessness again? At least now it has a place, even if it's not particularly noteworthy.

I think it's fun.In the lobby I had some fights against holos and warriors which just stopped at some point and chose a different opponent.On the other hand, really glassy builds, which were a hunter, a reaper and a mesmer actually died against me. I felt ignored by a number of players, though. ^^

I agree that this is problematic in hold-the-flag game modes, but even then enemies can group up to decap and easily defend against a barrier/protection based scrapper. Glassy one-shot builds should go fight someone they can one-shot. If the majority of the points is done via kills, then good scrappers will only contribute well, if enemy glass canons deny learning.