BUG: Gryphon mount not jumping / flying if jump key is remapped

Long ago, not long after GW2 was first released, I switched jump to V and dodge to Space, because it feels more natural to me. (After all, I want the thing that keeps me alive to be the big, easy-to-smash key at the bottom of the keyboard!) And, until now, that has served me well.

Unfortunately, I started on the gryphon mount quest...and my borrowed gryphon wasn't jumping. All of my other mounts jumped when I hit V to jump; gryphon didn't do jack. I tried jumping off a cliff to see if maybe you had to be in midair for it to jump; maybe, since gryphons are flying mounts, they work kinda like gliders. Nope, he just plumeted to the ground as I smashed the V key in vain. I thought that maybe you had to unlock the ability to jump / fly with mastery points, like the other mounts' improved leaps...but then I came upon an egg that required me to fly there on a borrowed gryphon.

I checked my keymaps; V is listed as Action 1 for all of my other mounts. As I said, they jump just fine.

Finally, I remembered that, long ago, I swapped my jump and dodge keys, so I switched them back...and now the borrowed gryphon flew.

All borrowed gryphons have had this issue for me: regardless of time, regardless of zone. I have yet to complete the quest so I don't know if the gryphon mount proper will have this issue or not.

I'd just leave them switched, but I've been working with space as dodge and V as jump for nearly 5 years now. And I can't be the only person in the game who's remapped their jump key.

• 1 year later...

Wall of text incoming, probably some mistakes since english isn' my first language.

The mount ability and 1 jump are not the same button, but somehow connected.

Tldr.: Griffon (bottom of the list) is different than the other mounts in that regard.Edit 1:Since you seem to have both the jump action and the mount ability 1 action binded to the same key, (V) you probably have no "jump" key while mounted.Does the problem remain if you rebind mount ability 1 to another key than your jump?Edit 2:Testet it, bound jump to V and Dodge to Space. Let mount ability 1 remain on V. -> Griffon didn't jump.Rebound mount ability 1 to Shift + V (just for the sake of beeing something different), Griffon did jump while using V.

I'll go trough each mount seperately.

RaptorIf you use mount ability 1 you make a long jump forward.If you use jump, you simply jump on point.If you use Jump + movement forward ( while you have at least 25% endurance) you make a long jump forward.(Here it seems jump + movement forward (+ enough endurance) seems to redirects to mount ability 1)

SpringerIf you use mount ability 1 you channel for a (depending on channel time) high jump.If you jump you channel for a (depending on channel time) high jump.If you move forward + jump you simply jump.(Here it seems jump redirects to mount ability 1 if you don't move forwards (or backwards).)

SkimmerIf you use mount ability 1 you hover.If you jump you hover.Movement keys just add a movement direction to the hovering process.(Here it seems the jump redirects to mount ability 1, regardless of further condition)

JackalIf you use mount ability 1 you teleport forwardsIf you jump you simply jump (on point).If you jump while not touching the ground (while you have at least 33% endurance) you teleport forward.(Here it seems jump redirects to mount ability one if you are not touching the ground (and have enough endurance).)

WarclawIf you use mount ability 1 you make an (evade) jump forward.If you use jump, you simply jump on point.If you use Jump + movement forward you make an (evade) jump forward.(Here it seems jump + movement forward seems to redirects to mount ability 1)

BeetleIf you use mount ability 1 you get a speed boost.If you use jump, you simply jump on point.If you move forward + jump with full endurance you get a speed boost.If you move forward + jump with not full endurance you make a barely noticeable jump.(Here it seems jump + movement forward + full endurance redirects to mount ability 1)

The griffon is different since it seems to have two "versions".

GriffonOn ground.If you use mount ability 1 nothing happes.If you jump you simply jump.Movement keys just add a movement direction to the jump.(Jump in no case redirects to mount ability 1)

GriffonWhile not on the ground (/flying/jumping).If you use mount ability 1 you dive downIf you jump (while you have at least 66% endurance) you flap with you wings to gain some height.(Jump never redirects to mount ability 1, it has a complete different function).