SAB 1-2 Tribulation mode without dodge jumping? - Solved!

I've been trying to complete more of SAB in Tribulation mode and I've reached a point in World 1 Zone 2 (Dark Woods) where every guide I can find says to use dodge jumping to get across a patch of lava, not because of the distance but because one of the rocks will try to kill you. Is it possible to do that part without dodge jumping?

I know how to do it but I've never been able to actually pull it off. Either I dodge or I jump, I can't do both together. If it's possible to make that jump another way (or if there's another way around I haven't spotted) I'll do that. If not I guess I'll give up on 1-2 and focus on the other levels. But I don't think dodge jumping is an intended mechanic, so even in Tribulation mode it seems unlikely it would actually be required and I know a lot of people making guides focus on what they think is the quickest or easiest way, not necessarily the one which uses the least complicated mechanics.

Edit: I've found 1 way to do it. The rock can only do it's jump attack every few seconds, so I jumped out onto the closest of the 2 tiny rocks, then as it started to rise up I jumped back to the first one (putting me out of range of the attack) then immediately jumping back, on top of it and across to the tree. It requires more quick, accurate jumps, but no dodge jumping. :)

@Danikat.8537 said:It is good to know dodge jumping isn't required for Tribulation mode.Wait before rejoicing... I remember some long jump in w2z2 where there's at least a long jump between the eagle and the first sandoo/temple door. But this trick is good for sure. I could have saved 30-40 lives probably... meh. (there's also another dodge jump a bit further in the same w1z2, but probably can also be avoided)

@Urud.4925 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:It is good to know dodge jumping isn't required for Tribulation mode.Wait before rejoicing... I remember some long jump in w2z2 where there's at least a long jump between the eagle and the first sandoo/temple door. But this trick is good for sure. I could have saved 30-40 lives probably... meh. (there's also another dodge jump a bit further in the same w1z2, but probably can also be avoided)

The only dodge jump that’s required is near the end of W2Z3. You’re right, most instances where people dodge jump can be avoided.

Ah, I meant zone 2, with the assassins. I did w2z3 in tribulation mode yesterday, and I'm sure I didn't use any dodge jump (I found some alternative path, luckily). Afaik there's only one jump that's is really required if you want to catch all the baubles, but a normal run in tribulation can be done without dodge+jump.

FYI you can also bind dodge jumping to a macro(ANet always 'tolerated' that; they recently updated the policy to explicitly allow it.)

Most macro programs will require a manual tweak to get it to work perfectly (especially if the player cannot pull it off reliably). The result should look something like...V ↓Space ↓Space ↑V ↑

Assuming you use the default keys of V and Space respectively for dodge and jump.(There's no need for a timer or delay between 'events' as some think.)

Typically the manual edits require removing any time delay between 'events' or changing the order. How that is accomplished vary with the macro editor.

@Urud.4925 said:Ah, I meant zone 2, with the assassins. I did w2z3 in tribulation mode yesterday, and I'm sure I didn't use any dodge jump (I found some alternative path, luckily). Afaik there's only one jump that's is really required if you want to catch all the baubles, but a normal run in tribulation can be done without dodge+jump.

Just looked and saw that there was an alternate path so I guess it’s not required there too.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:FYI you can also bind dodge jumping to a macro(ANet always 'tolerated' that; they recently updated the policy to explicitly allow it.)

Most macro programs will require a manual tweak to get it to work perfectly (especially if the player cannot pull it off reliably). The result should look something like...V ↓Space ↓Space ↑V ↑

Assuming you use the default keys of V and Space respectively for dodge and jump.(There's no need for a timer or delay between 'events' as some think.)

Typically the manual edits require removing any time delay between 'events' or changing the order. How that is accomplished vary with the macro editor.

Thank you for pointing this out. I thought it still wasn't allowed, since it's 2 actions for 1 key. I saw now the Gaile's post. It should be definitely easier that way (didn't try yet).