Humming Bird Skimmer MountFit Discussion

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Shrine Guardian was a home run imo, but all the other 'premium' skins were far less exciting in my opinion. I didn't think they could match or top their work with the Shrine Guardian, but today I think they have.

EDIT: still not paying 2000gems for it though. Regardless of what I think of the quality of this skin, the pay threshold remains too high for my tastes.

Also, let me add I have the same problem with this skin as I did with the Shrine Guardian: I don't really use the mount it's designed for.

GW2 took a very different approach to mounts by making them more for specific utility than just to move faster. As awesome as I thought the Shrine Guardian skin was, I never use the Jackal, and would 10/10 prefer to use the Raptor for land based movement. Nothing changes with this skin: while the hummingbird looks outstanding, I don't ever use the Skimmer on land, nor would I want to start. Pair that with a hefty price tag, and for me it's a no-brainer. Not going to dump a ton of resources to buy a skin that in order for me to see, necessitates me using a mount that is less efficient than another.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:The Shrine Guardian was a home run imo, but all the other 'premium' skins were far less exciting in my opinion. I didn't think they could match or top their work with the Shrine Guardian, but today I think they have.

EDIT: still not paying 2000gems for it though. Regardless of what I think of the quality of this skin, the pay threshold remains too high for my tastes.

I'm doing map completions and stuff. Either it drops from a BL chest for me... or it won't.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:The Shrine Guardian was a home run imo, but all the other 'premium' skins were far less exciting in my opinion. I didn't think they could match or top their work with the Shrine Guardian, but today I think they have.

I'm doing map completions and stuff. Either it drops from a BL chest for me... or it won't.

Yep, same here. If I get it, I'll certainly use it, though I already have a pretty awesome skin from the random adoption license: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stardrift

My favourite 2k gem skin is still the pangolin, which is still the only one I have. This one is certainly pretty but I'm not sure yet if I want it.

@Curunen.8729 said:At first I was quite excited but after watching the video I know that wing flapping effect is going to become really annoying after a while. Same with the audio effect for it.

That's my concern too, flickering effects like that really get on my nerves, so I'm not sure if I want a mount that does it constantly.

It's very pretty and I've got it after about 10 keys. My luck with these things is abnormal lol

Anyway I like it, but I was quick to discover one big flaw with it: The animation when you fly to the sides. I can totally see that throwing somebody off and thinking they move in a wrong way when you just go forward and suddenly your mount flies to each side lol

Edit okay, in the "real world" this feels much less worse than in the confined space of our guild hall.