Warclaw Annoyance

jwaz.1908

Anyone else find it annoying that after leaving WvW, the Warclaw is set to your active mount in PvE also? I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a design flaw, but either way it's inconvenient to have to switch back every time you enter/leave WvW.

To be honest I never noticed, since I have hotkeys assigned to all mounts and never use the selection button anyway. I'd guess it's an oversight that they haven't coded the mount select button to be split between pve and wvw (although it's probably not trivial to do so either).

The only thing that annoys me is that the Warclaw isn't at the bottom of the list, but wedged between the others. This way it will take a bit of getting used to when using the menu. I highly prefer this over using keybinds for each mount, because I never remember which one is what anyway.

I hadn't noticed, but then I've only been playing WvW on my Weaver and haven't been playing him in PvE much. But I agree that if possible the mount menu should be split between game modes the way skills are, so you can have a different 'default' mount set in PvE and WvW.

Otherwise sooner or later that's going to get me killed. I have keybinds for each mount but I also have the generic mount button bound to one of the side buttons on my mouse for quick access, and normally keep the griffon as my default because it's the one I'm most likely to need quickly. More than once I've switched the default to something else temporarily, forgotten to switch it back and nearly died because I hit mount, auto-run (also on my mouse) and jump before my mind caught up with what's going on and I found myself plummeting over a cliff on a different mount.

I use hotkeys like Ctrl+Z (Springer), Shift+Z (Griffon), Alt+Z (Skimmer), etc. to mount specific mounts with generally more use than say the Raptor which I'd select manually. I haven't actually noticed. I guess this is something they can fix rather easily though by separating WvW and PvE mount selection (WvW only having one anyways).

@jwaz.1908 said:Anyone else find it annoying that after leaving WvW, the Warclaw is set to your active mount in PvE also? I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a design flaw, but either way it's inconvenient to have to switch back every time you enter/leave WvW.

It doesn't bother me at all because I have a handy little keyboard that has extra buttons down one side. They are called macro buttons but I call them my mount buttons. Each mount has their own. Makes mounting and unmounting a lot easier.

• 4 weeks later...

@"Tekoneiric.6817" said:It's an intermittent bug that doesn't always happen. I reported it awhile back on this thread.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/71087/warclaw-as-default-mount-in-wvw-affects-default-in-pve

If it's a bug, to me it's definitely not intermittent. I have keybinds for all mounts, but I keep the Raptor on the default key, which is my 'Mouse 3' and that one gets overwritten upon using the warclaw in wvw.

@MikeG.6389 said:

@"Tekoneiric.6817" said:It's an intermittent bug that doesn't always happen. I reported it awhile back on this thread.

If it's a bug, to me it's definitely not intermittent. I have keybinds for all mounts, but I keep the Raptor on the default key, which is my 'Mouse 3' and that one gets overwritten upon using the warclaw in wvw.

I have the griffon setup for the default mount key which I have tied to a side key on my Logitech M150 mouse. It's very intermittent for me. It does it about 25% of the time after exiting WvW. All the other mounts have dedicated keybinds on my Nostromo N52.