You know, I really like the Desert King Greatsword

Greatswords are not complex weapons. Almost all of them are just a big handle with a VERY big blade (so big it doesn't even fit the weapon preview window). Sure, the kind of visual effect on the blade can change, but they often have a very similar silhouette.

Then, we have the Desert King Greatsword.

Notice how the sword is shaped almost like a rectangle: the blade itself is relatively short, but the handle is not just the handle - the blade actually begins at the same height of the handle. This feels like a weapon that would be incredibly impractical to use, but it's a very unique design for a greatsword.

I know this is something very small, but I'm very happy when we get weapon skins that avoid being more of the same. As much as I detest loot boxes and would like to not support them even indirectly, I bought this skin from the marketplace, and I'm really amazed at how it looks.

It looks like something a humanoid boss would wield in a single-player game so you know they're going to be more skilled and tougher to fight than the regular enemies. Like you said, incredibly impractical to use but with the implication that someone who can use it must be incredibly skilled and really know what they're doing to choose that over a conventional weapon.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Each to their own of course. One thing I like about the art style in this game is there is a wide variance of looks and feels to the gear. Cultural weapons/armor and themed sets make it easy to customize your character's look to your preference. Fashion Wars is fun!

Agreed. This one doesn't appeal to me, but I love that there's such a variety of weapons and armour in this game because it makes it more likely everyone will be able to find things that suit them and their characters.

And you never know, today I decided the Militia heavy armour set and the Einhänder sword are the best choices (of the ones I had already unlocked) for my new character. I don't think I've used either before, but then I've never made this character before, so even the ones I don't like or have a use for now might come in useful later on.

Yo me, the greatswords been the best looking weapons because of how unique they look while staying good looking.

Look at Hammer for instance, lots of unique skins but half of them dont look good, unlike Greatsword. That's legendary hammer for example, look like a staff. Looks bad. And there are many more lame looking hammers. Same for many other weapons. Dont get me started on Pistols and Daggers.